Best football state THIS year?

Big Bald Hairy Man

12 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Care to back it up?

I have no problem with anyone saying Texas is at the top but you make it sound like it's not a discussion so I'm curious how it's so lopsided

Having seen regular season  football in FL, CA, GA & TX & seeing playoff football in all I think top to bottom TX is better. The other states obviously have some excellent teams but the overall depth is not what it is in TX. This is my opinion & anyone is free to have a different view/opinion. If you want to say the top 10 teams from each state then I would say that varies from year to year but I'd still put TX in any argument there also. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

CA and TX. FL is right there.

GA is MAYBE 8 or 9.

The three best high school football states are -  TEXAS, Florida, and Georgia  

California is a big ole state with small pond of recruited up private teams with very few exceptions for such a big state!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

1. Trinity beat DLS

2. Grayson beat Miami Central 35-3 in 2012. Miami Central beat Booker T the same year, who finished 14-1 and finished #2 in FL after Miami Central. 

3. Don't try to act like Miami Central isn't an elite team all of a sudden. 

Miami Central is elite but overall FL was down that year

Going into the playoffs that year  Gainesville was number 1 in 6a (i think number 1 in state as well  but not sure)

We lost 17-14 to Gainesville after a PI call screwed us at citizens field 

So in other words it was a year that Columbia could have been considered top team in Florida, and i know how people here think of us

I've seen high school football in Texas, Florida, and Illinois. I'd say Texas has the best quality of high school football because Texas has better resources, at least generally speaking. Coaches are paid more, better facilities. It all leads to a better quality of play in my opinion. Florida's athletes have the same talent, but the coaching and resources aren't in the same stratosphere.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Texasball said:

It never changes - The best High School Football State is always Texas.  Our best will never be far from the top and without questions Texas has deeper high end quality and puts more into the game than any other state.

Depends on criteria 

Overall experience Texas no doubt 

Talent goes to FL though 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DB4 said:

I've seen high school football in Texas, Florida, and Illinois. I'd say Texas has the best quality of high school football because Texas has better resources, at least generally speaking. Coaches are paid more, better facilities. It all leads to a better quality of play in my opinion. Florida's athletes have the same talent, but the coaching and resources aren't in the same stratosphere.

Idk

FL talent is deeper than any state I've seen

Problem is support and coaching

Give FL the coaching and support of Texas and FL ahead by miles over next state

If we're trying to determine the best football states as a WHOLE (talent, depth, resources, coaching, fan support/atmosphere), then Texas is number 1 and then Georgia is number 2 due to Texas having more depth. Cali, Florida, Ohio, Jersey, and Arizona (in no order) come after. Remember now, I determined this by factoring in everything listed above.

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Idk

FL talent is deeper than any state I've seen

Problem is support and coaching

Give FL the coaching and support of Texas and FL ahead by miles over next state

Well you're basically saying the same thing I did. If the two states have similar talent and one of the states does not have the coaching/support/resources, then if they had that they'd probably be better. They would not be miles ahead of TX however. I've covered high school football in TX and there is talent all over the state.

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

If we're trying to determine the best football states as a WHOLE (talent, depth, resources, coaching, fan support/atmosphere), then Texas is number 1 and then Georgia is number 2 due to Texas having more depth. Cali, Florida, Ohio, Jersey, and Arizona (in no order) come after. Remember now, I determined this by factoring in everything listed above.

Yeah but which factor is the most important ones? 

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Well ik but I'm curious on the thoughts of everyone to the answer to that question 

Some guys will say everything starts with the best coaches

Some guys will say they want to see the pure talent even though they dont play under the best of coaches

Guy like me who is a fan loves to see the student interaction at the games.

See what im saying

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Care to share the Texas top 5? 

Txball is right, it's too early to lock in a top 5, but for grins and giggles I'll give you who I think the contenders will be heading into spring ball.

allen

lake travis

katy

Trinity

Longview

north shore

duncanville

westlake

SLC

Klein collins

lake Travis fans are really excited about this team and think they go 16-0 each of the next two seasons!  They usually don't homer themselves too much, so it'll be interesting to see what they bring to the table. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Some guys will say everything starts with the best coaches

Some guys will say they want to see the pure talent even though they dont play under the best of coaches

Guy like me who is a fan loves to see the student interaction at the games.

See what im saying

I tend to lean talent