Best football state THIS year?

Big Bald Hairy Man

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

How do you figure

GA was about as deep as anyone and had a couple teams as good as any besides Mater Dei.

I figure because I watched them.The best teams in GA last year were on par with Mission Viejo which is pretty good but not great.If by depth you mean multiple teams in the Mission Viejo range then I concede 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I cant believe some of you are still saying this.

You seriously believe otherwise? It’s been that way for over 3 decades (give or take a few states here and there on certain years). 

Last year I would’ve rated GA #4 nationally. TX,CA, and FL will always be 1-3. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Louisiana is amazing. :D

If we had 45 million people we would be #1. 

We cruising with 4.5 million!

How are teams like BR-Catholic, John Curtis, Destrehan, West Monroe, Acadiana, Warren Easton, Edna Karr, Zachary, John Ehret, Rummel, Scotlandville, St. Aug, St. Pauls, Hahnville, De La Salle , etc... Suppose to be this year?? The traditional powers that be in LA....

Ive only really heard about ULab & ECA... ULab will have a great year, & ECA will be down..

14 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

You seriously believe otherwise? It’s been that way for over 3 decades (give or take a few states here and there on certain years). 

Last year I would’ve rated GA #4 nationally. TX,CA, and FL will always be 1-3. 

Idk why GA guys complain about being ranked 4th 😂 

That is not a bad spot, they up there with the top 3 but i don't see the top 3 changing anytime soon 

Sure GA may have argument for jumping into top 3 on a special year by them and a down year by a top 3 state but on a consistent basis the top 3 won't change 

38 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

How are teams like BR-Catholic, John Curtis, Destrehan, West Monroe, Acadiana, Warren Easton, Edna Karr, Zachary, John Ehret, Rummel, Scotlandville, St. Aug, St. Pauls, Hahnville, De La Salle , etc... Suppose to be this year?? The traditional powers that be in LA....

Ive only really heard about ULab & ECA... ULab will have a great year, & ECA will be down..

All those teams should be OK. Couple of them will be improved a couple will take a couple steps back.

No team has been better than 5A Zachary the last 4 years in Louisiana though. Zachary has 5A State Championships in the last 3 years. One of the favorites again this year. John Curtis hasn't won a state title in the last 4 years.

UHigh will start #1 and Zachary #2 in my Preseason Top 20. Zachary vs UHigh is one of the games of the year in 2018. 

Calpreps Dynasty Ratings the last 5 years (2018 pending)

1 Curtis [John] (River Ridge, LA) Louisiana 5A District 9 I 40-8 20-2 38-7 22-7 17-7 39-8 52.9 41 349-226-1
2 Zachary (LA) Louisiana 5A District 4 5A 49-9 20-2 47-9 40-4 10-7 46-9 51.7 33.6 424-265-1

48 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Who supposed to be best team in GA then? 

"Suppose to be" is never a sure thing...

Theres a group of 6-8 teams thatll for sure be on that top level...

North Gwinnett, Colquitt Co., Marietta, Grayson, Archer, Walton, Buford....

Theres another group of about 5-6 teams that COULD be on that level themselves.... we know theyll be really good, will they be tier 1 is the question?..

McEachern, Blessed Trinity, Rome, Milton, Warner Robins....

And theres a few teams thatll be right behind those teams thatll give most anyone a game... 

ELCA, Lowndes, Marist, Hillgrove, Cartersville, Parkview, Northside-WR, Coffee, Carrollton, Glynn Academy....

Carrollton has some real potential...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Idk why GA guys complain about being ranked 4th 😂 

That is not a bad spot, they up there with the top 3 but i don't see the top 3 changing anytime soon 

Sure GA may have argument for jumping into top 3 on a special year by them and a down year by a top 3 state but on a consistent basis the top 3 won't change 

Nobody is arguing against being 4th, its ridiculous a few people are still so far behind they say we are 5th some years... Ohio has been in limbo and even fallen back some... GA is getting better and better every season... The talent gap is HUGE, the depth in good teams is pretty big and getting larger every year.

Its usually people from Ohio or people in the Northeast thatll throw Ohio in tyere as 4th some years... theyll never get over that probably, but some people still think the Earth is flat, so there will always be someone that refuses to give up their old beliefs

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

"Suppose to be" is never a sure thing...

Theres a group of 6-8 teams thatll for sure be on that top level...

North Gwinnett, Colquitt Co., Marietta, Grayson, Archer, Walton, Buford....

Theres another group of about 5-6 teams that COULD be on that level themselves.... we know theyll be really good, will they be tier 1 is the question?..

McEachern, Blessed Trinity, Rome, Milton, Warner Robins....

And theres a few teams thatll be right behind those teams thatll give most anyone a game... 

ELCA, Lowndes, Marist, Hillgrove, Cartersville, Parkview, Northside-WR, Coffee, Carrollton, Glynn Academy....

Carrollton has some real potential...

Solid analysis. 

And I don’t like you, never did. 

And that’s okay. 

Regards, 

A.A.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Nobody is arguing against being 4th, its ridiculous a few people are still so far behind they say we are 5th some years... Ohio has been in limbo and even fallen back some... GA is getting better and better every season... The talent gap is HUGE, the depth in good teams is pretty big and getting larger every year.

Its usually people from Ohio or people in the Northeast thatll throw Ohio in tyere as 4th some years... theyll never get over that probably, but some people still think the Earth is flat, so there will always be someone that refuses to give up their old beliefs

Ohio in my opinion has gotten past by GA but GA still trails top 3 in most years 

I had GA at 4 this past year 

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Ohio in my opinion has gotten past by GA but GA still trails top 3 in most years 

I had GA at 4 this past year 

I don’t like you either. 

You had potential and I had hopes. 

May the neighborhood gator bite down on your ankle and drag you to the bottom of the lake. 

In Lake City, no less. 

RIP....

Sincere condolences,

A.A.

• Haha 2

I dont see any argument for Ohio over GA since 2010 at least.

The talent and team depth gap is widening every single season... Georgias coaching is now some of the best in the country. The gap between the 2 states has been growing with the talent (FBS) gap. Which went from pretty close 12-15 years ago... To Georgia has now doubled Ohio. The gap in the 2 states is wide. And the people that hold Ohio sti having a shot at 4 some years, are those either IN Ohio, or in the Northeast that dislike the South in general. There are still some that are simply clueless and stuck in the 90s and refuse to understand the landscape has changed.

From GA at 4 to OH at 5 is a pretty wide gap. Ohio cant even claim to be THAT close to Top/Elite teams anymore. They have their usual 5-6 strong teams (Top 100), and a group of 8-10 good teams after that (Top 101-250)... After that, it doesnt even matter.

Im honestly surprised theres anyone left that believes this ANYWHERE. But like I said, some people still believe the Earth is flat. And humans were evolved from a cross-breeding of Neanderthals, and beings from the planet Nibiru to create a race of working slaves. Those same people also believe the real Stephen Hawkins died decades ago, and the one weve been seeing for so long was essentially a person that looked like Stephen Hawkins. And weve never been to outer space, and the Earth is a "closed circuit system".

Knowing all that, it wouldnt surprise me if some people thought Wisconsin was the #4 state.

29 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

This is a fun argument......that I am completely open to changing my mind on.

My position is the same of Omahavol. TX, FL, & CA are top 3......GA & OH usually fighting for 4th and 5th.........

24y43o.jpg

What exactly has Ohio done recently?

Ohio plays the same Kentucky and Indiana teams yearly basically and doesn't exactly overwhelm.

GA is ahead of Ohio and Ohio and Louisiana are battling for 5th..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

What exactly has Ohio done recently?

Ohio plays the same Kentucky and Indiana teams yearly basically and doesn't exactly overwhelm.

GA is ahead of Ohio and Ohio and Louisiana are battling for 5th..

If LA and OH got together more, Im betting OH would be battling another state for 6th after that.

ULab will be better than any team OH puts out this season, IMO.

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Another one of your fantasies echs. You can tell them however you want.

38 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

Another one of your fantasies echs. You can tell them however you want.

Like Vista Murrieta being held scoreless on O and to a season low in total yards passing the 50 only twice, while being handled the entire game ... And somehow still exposing GA right?

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Like Vista Murrieta being held scoreless on O and to a season low in total yards passing the 50 only twice, while being handled the entire game ... And somehow still exposing GA right?

Exactly! Ga best should running clock VM playing with a young soph qb playing his first varsity game on the other side of the country. Not fight there arses off for a 19 point win. 

Lord have mercy!