Best football state THIS year?

Big Bald Hairy Man

23 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I don’t like RedZone but he’s got a solid here. 

20 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Um just off my head....

in the last 5 years, Wins against

BC, DBP, SJR, DEPAUL from NJ 

SJP, P-R from PA

GILMAN, EASTERN CHRISTIAN ACADEMY from MD

MAINLAND, COCOA from FL

BEN DAVIS, WARREN CENTRAL from IN

BRENTWOOD ACADEMY from TN

TRINITY from KY

CASS TECH from MI

+ many more less relevant wins from FL, IL, MS, MO, KY, IN, MI

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

GA is good but they just don't regularly have that top 5 or top 10 team nationally that Cali usually does

I do feel Cali is top heavy but they tend to have the best top 3 or 4 teams of any state

Mater Dei 

St John Bosco 

Centennial 

De La Salle 

Got to admit that one hell of a top 4

So going back to my original statement, it's the privates that sets CA apart from GA. Much easier for the private schools to have high rankings on a yearly basis compared to public schools......especially when comparing GA and CA. 

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

GA is good but they just don't regularly have that top 5 or top 10 team nationally that Cali usually does

I do feel Cali is top heavy but they tend to have the best top 3 or 4 teams of any state

Mater Dei 

St John Bosco 

Centennial 

De La Salle 

Got to admit that one hell of a top 4

Except we do pretty much every season... The last 10 years...

2008 Camden Co.

2009 Camden Co.

2011 Grayson

2012 Norcross

2014 Colquitt & Buford

2015 Colquitt 

2016 Grayson & Roswell

Thats 7 of the last 10 years with a Top 10 team...

And the only reason Rome or NG werent in 2017, was bc they didnt start as Top 25 teams in the preseason. It sucks that teams are judged by "expectations" in the preseason.

If the teams that were rated Preseason Top 3 in a state, dont turn out to be Top 3 in that state... It means the state was down to some morons like NOR. But thats bc they are clueless as to how a public dominated state (like,GA or,TX) works.... NJ, OH, & CA are the 3 easiest states to rank in the preseason... Because its the same,exact teams every single,season at the top... And if there was any sort of depth or compeition, it wouldnt be that way... Its not in Texas or Georgia or Florida... 

21 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

2008 Camden Co.

2009 Camden Co.

2011 Grayson

2012 Norcross

2014 Colquitt & Buford

2015 Colquitt 

2016 Grayson & Roswell

And the only reason Rome or NG werent in 2017, was bc they didnt start as Top 25 teams in the preseason. It sucks that teams are judged by "expectations" in the preseason.

If the teams that were rated Preseason Top 3 in a state, dont turn out to be Top 3 in that state... It means the state was down to some morons like NOR. But thats bc they are clueless as to how a public dominated state (like,GA or,TX) works.... NJ, OH, & CA are the 3 easiest states to rank in the preseason... Because its the same,exact teams every single,season at the top... And if there was any sort of depth or compeition, it wouldnt be that way... Its not in Texas or Georgia or Florida... 

I knew Roswell was good but i don't remember them being top 10

But i agree with this,  it seems to be the same names every year in those 3 states you mentioned 

FL GA and TX seems to have teams move around the top 

On a GA note I hope Camden County starts to become elite again, always respected that program for being willing to play FL teams home or away 

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I mean, what public school in America is highly ranked annually? 

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

2008 Camden Co.

2009 Camden Co.

2011 Grayson

2012 Norcross

2014 Colquitt & Buford

2015 Colquitt 

2016 Grayson & Roswell

Are you claiming that Centennial or Mission Viejo couldn’t have won your state last year?

6 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

I knew Roswell was good but i don't remember them being top 10

But i agree with this,  it seems to be the same names every year in those 3 states you mentioned 

FL GA and TX seems to have teams move around the top 

On a GA note I hope Camden County starts to become elite again, always respected that program for being willing to play FL teams home or away 

Camdens going to start their climb back to the top with Bob Sphire at the helm now. The thing is, all the kids at Camden and that are expected to go to Camden ran a WingT system, its all they knew.... Now thats completely changed so its going to take some time to get use to it. They should have a decent defense and an average O this coming season. 

Give them another year or 2 and I expect theyll be breaking back into the Top 10. Teams like Camden have enough talent to fill the field with a solid group of players from top to bottom. They may not be the most talented team in GA at the top, but their weakest link to stronger than most... So theyll be back sooner rather than later... 

Plus Bobby Sphire is a whale of a HC.

Its odd NG never won State under him, but in their 1st season without him they win it all...

11 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

2008 Camden Co.

2009 Camden Co.

2011 Grayson

2012 Norcross

2014 Colquitt & Buford

2015 Colquitt 

2016 Grayson & Roswell

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Camdens going to start their climb back to the top with Bob Sphire at the helm now. The thing is, all the kids at Camden and that are expected to go to Camden ran a WingT system, its all they knew.... Now thats completely changed so its going to take some time to get use to it. They should have a decent defense and an average O this coming season. 

Give them another year or 2 and I expect theyll be breaking back into the Top 10. Teams like Camden have enough talent to fill the field with a solid group of players from top to bottom. They may not be the most talented team in GA at the top, but their weakest link to stronger than most... So theyll be back sooner rather than later... 

Plus Bobby Sphire is a whale of a HC.

Its odd NG never won State under him, but in their 1st season without him they win it all...

Like.... and region one already a war will be more so. 

52 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Maybe Allen 

That's only public that seems to regularly be that high nationally 

Allen is ranked due to the 6000 plus kids they have....They are good and should be with that many kids.. Lake Travis with maybe 2800 kids will be #1 or #2 in Tx with Allen in the mix.....If you watch the SC game you can see LT can and could beat Allen with their young team and with a new young OC...I would love to see a rematch and if it happens I see LT with a plus 20 win....LT is very very good,   they been in the last 3 SC games.

8 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Woulda been contenders. Can't say if they woulda won it all tho. I tell ya one thing: those wide ass gaps in cen10's o-line woulda eventually did them in down here. 

yeah sure it would if you had teams like IMG and MD which you didn’t last year.A healthy Centennial wins 7A last year in GA I’m certain.MV is  semi-finalist possibly a finals team.Teams like LBP and Narbonne would compete on the same level as Archer and McEachern and so would have Folsom for that matter.Dont let ECHS brain wash you with his homerism 

• Like 2