Best football state THIS year?

Big Bald Hairy Man

Just now, Columbiafan said:

I agree but i mean i lean talent when judging a state 

Talent 

Then coaching 

Gotcha. I read it wrong then. Talent yes is nice to see up and down when you judge a state. But without coaching does those talents go to waste? This is a chicken and the egg conversation

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Gotcha. I read it wrong then. Talent yes is nice to see up and down when you judge a state. But without coaching does those talents go to waste? This is a chicken and the egg conversation

And that's why everyone has their own factors and importance of the factors when judging states 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

If we remove the Big 4(Texas, Florida, California, Georgia), I’d say MD/DC’s top 5 would line up fairly well with anyone else...

1. St. Frances Academy(MIAA)

2. St. John’s College High School(WCAC)

3. DeMatha Catholic(WCAC)

4. Our Lady of Good Counsel(WCAC)

5. Gonzaga College High School(WCAC)

Not bad for a state that could fit in Texas 22 times. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

If we remove the Big 4(Texas, Florida, California, Georgia), I’d say MD/DC’s top 5 would line up fairly well with anyone else...

1. St. Frances Academy(MIAA)

2. St. John’s College High School(WCAC)

3. DeMatha Catholic(WCAC)

4. Our Lady of Good Counsel(WCAC)

5. Gonzaga College High School(WCAC)

Not bad for a state that could fit in Texas 22 times. 

Someone mentioned the lack of strong public school teams in Cali, I think that is something that could hold MD/DC back if you were using the same criteria here. I mean those teams you listed are all high quality. I just wonder when I dont see any public schools on your list.

23 minutes ago, DB4 said:

Someone mentioned the lack of strong public school teams in Cali, I think that is something that could hold MD/DC back if you were using the same criteria here. I mean those teams you listed are all high quality. I just wonder when I dont see any public schools on your list.

You’re correct. MD/DC’s public school systems don’t promote football like other states around the country. It’s beyond frustrating knowing how much talent is here. Our public head coaches make less than Georgia’s positional coaches. They also would look at you like an alien if you brought up spring practice/workouts. None of that happens here. The top MD/DC private schools are able to provide advantages that teams in the power states see as status quo. It is what it is. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

IMO the states with most teams ranked in the Top 100 nationally qualify as "best" states for any given season. 

I think I agree the most with GSB..... It doesn't make sense to me to include things like stadiums, band size, halftime shows, amount of fans in the context of this question.....we're not writing Travelocity reviews. 

Also I think he's right that in an interstate discussion, the only thing that matters is the top 5-10 or so teams from a power state (depending on year)....if someone really wants to go past that and argue over which state has more mediocre teams....then have at it. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

ET beat DLS. GA is still seeking its first high profile OOS win vs an elite opponent. 

This is definitely not true. A couple years ago GA had more wins (since 2002) over OOS opponents that FINISHED Top 10 than ANY State. Not counting IMG for Florida.

On 4/17/2018 at 11:57 AM, NicholasMalibu said:

You’re correct. MD/DC’s public school systems don’t promote football like other states around the country. It’s beyond frustrating knowing how much talent is here. Our public head coaches make less than Georgia’s positional coaches. They also would look at you like an alien if you brought up spring practice/workouts. None of that happens here. The top MD/DC private schools are able to provide advantages that teams in the power states see as status quo. It is what it is. 

This scenario is constant with most large cities, particularly east of the Mississippi such as NY, Philly, Chicago etc. where there is talent as good as anywhere in the country but the school systems have been financially robbed blind due to obscene amounts of corruption and cannot put the resources into their respective public leagues. 

9 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

This scenario is constant with most large cities, particularly east of the Mississippi such as NY, Philly, Chicago etc. where there is talent as good as anywhere in the country but the school systems have been financially robbed blind due to obscene amounts of corruption and cannot put the resources into their respective public leagues. 

You’d be 100% correct.

12 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

You're right. Honestly, the only big city I know that has that usually has successful teams is Miami. And I mean the city proper, not the city + suburban areas. It sucks bc like you said, there is a ton of talent in all of these areas.

1 hour ago, DB4 said:

You're right. Honestly, the only big city I know that has that usually has successful teams is Miami. And I mean the city proper, not the city + suburban areas. It sucks bc like you said, there is a ton of talent in all of these areas.

Las Vegas city proper if you count BG. 

Cincinnati with Colerain and St.X

Louisville with Trinity

Tulsa with Union 

That's all I can think of... 

I would say Allen but Allen is a suburb of Dallas and has a population of around 70,000

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Las Vegas city proper if you count BG. 

Cincinnati with Colerain and St.X

Louisville with Trinity

Tulsa with Union 

That's all I can think of... 

I would say Allen but Allen is a suburb of Dallas and has a population of around 70,000

Not sure about X being within city limits, but Colerain is suburban, just on the edge of city limits. Small part may be inside the city limit, most/all is just outside.....tho the mailing address is Cincinnati

On 4/17/2018 at 11:08 AM, TheBlockIsHot said:

GA is MAYBE 8 or 9.

8 or 9?? Come on man! I know you hate the GA posters, but they are always 4 or 5 (depending on the year) with OH. 

1-3 is CA,TX,FL 

4-5 is GA,OH 

5-10 is LA, PA, AZ, MD, NJ

Those have been pretty consistent over the years. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

8 or 9?? Come on man! I know you hate the GA posters, but they are always 4 or 5 (depending on the year) with OH. 

1-3 is CA,TX,FL 

4-5 is GA,OH 

5-10 is LA, PA, AZ, MD, NJ

Those have been pretty consistent over the years. 

I cant believe some of you are still saying this.