Florida or Georgia

30 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

See now you're talking about the big 3.  Throw in Ohio and DC/Maryland and you got your top 5.

Isn't it funny how one of those states in the "big 3" gets waxed against two of the big 3 every time they go head to head? What's even funnier is when that particular state gets waxed head to head against that little ole state in the southeastern region of the U.S.? 

58 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Isn't it funny how one of those states in the "big 3" gets waxed against two of the big 3 every time they go head to head? What's even funnier is when that particular state gets waxed head to head against that little ole state in the southeastern region of the U.S.? 

I have no idea who you're talking about.  I know its not ga since we are talking top 5. ;)

21 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Wekiva is suppose to be better. And a favorite to win 8A. Even CP has them #3 in FL this preseason... Im guessing most places will.

Ehh.  They should be solid, but thing about the Broward area is the potential is limitless.   Any hot team, especially a private, can have a really good season or two with a special class.   Wekiva is going to be like a solid Apopka team, which is very good.   I just wouldn't blow them out of proportion.    I'm not so sure Bartram Trail will be any good next year, so I'd probably take Brunswick by 2 TDS.   Last year they were decent because of Gatewood and Smith at QB.   

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I have no idea who you're talking about.  I know its not ga since we are talking top 5. ;)

When one is embarrassed, they'll do everything they can to avoid the topic at hand. It hurts me to the core that you're that person who I'm referring to...smh. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Also, Bishop Sullivan doesn't participate in the VA state playoffs, yet they're still considered a VA team. 

Bishop Sullivan gets regional players. It's different.  I will say looking at IMG's roster next year they are getting more and more FL players.    They also are NOT as loaded as they have been.   They wen't from having elite elite DT's to having none in the 2019 class.     Look at their classes from 2017-2018 and compare them to 2018.   They are lacking the big interior D lineman they are accustomed too.   I do like their QB better than previous years though.  Who knows maybe they'll get some more transfers.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Also, Bishop Sullivan doesn't participate in the VA state playoffs, yet they're still considered a VA team. 

That would be the only thing they have in common. 

IMG is simply located on land called Florida... Doesnt make them part of the Florida High School scene. 

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Here's a game replay of Wekiva last year.  pretty tough D, offense kind of stale.   Definitely some good athletes, but are they ready to play a big game in a Ga venue?   I guess we'll see.  

They beat Dr. Phillips (Dr. P got revenge in the playoffs) in the regular season, Apopka, & Winter Park... All 3 pretty solid.

And they bring back quite a bit of talent.

https://georgia.247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/Recruits?Player.Enabled=False&Recruitment.Enabled=True&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=23916

Looks like this is their "2017 Venice" team. Where they had a solid season prior, now all their stars are seniors and every thing is lining up nicely for a state title. They HAVE to be the favorite in 8A.

We'll see though, nothing is ever definite in the preseason. North Gwinnett, IF they find a QB, should be pretty good again themselves.

16 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

That would be the only thing they have in common. 

IMG is simply located on land called Florida... Doesnt make them part of the Florida High School scene. 

If they don't participate in the state playoffs then they aren't a state team

That also means isb isn't a FL team 

Seems like most people only don't want to count img because 99.9 % of the teams in the country can't beat them,  if img averaged 4-5 losses a year no one would have any problem calling them a FL team 

18 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

If they don't participate in the state playoffs then they aren't a state team

That also means isb isn't a FL team 

Seems like most people only don't want to count img because 99.9 % of the teams in the country can't beat them,  if img averaged 4-5 losses a year no one would have any problem calling them a FL team 

Thats not true in all circumstances, atleast IMO.

But IMG is unique, they are a National/Global team that is simply located in Bradenton, FL. 

Most colleges, like UGA for example, have more home-state kids than IMG does.

27 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Thats not true in all circumstances, atleast IMO.

But IMG is unique, they are a National/Global team that is simply located in Bradenton, FL. 

Most colleges, like UGA for example, have more home-state kids than IMG does.

If it's just based on in state talent then the teams in GSIAA are GA teams as well and they should be counted (Just like people count that glorified jv team isb as a FL team)

You can't play both sides

If a team is a rep of their state because of in state talent then sure img may not be a FL team but then GSIAA are all GA teams and those games should be counted for the state 

If they have to play in state association (playoff eligible) then img won't count but neither will bishop Sullivan in VA, international school of broward in FL, or any other independent program in states that don't participate in playoffs 

All I'm saying is you can say img is not a FL team, but you can't then say GSIAA don't count as GA but isb counts as FL 

Isb is as much a FL team as any team in GSIAA are GA teams 

9 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

If it's just based on in state talent then the teams in GSIAA are GA teams as well and they should be counted (Just like people count that glorified jv team isb as a FL team)

You can't play both sides

If a team is a rep of their state because of in state talent then sure img may not be a FL team but then GSIAA are all GA teams and those games should be counted for the state 

If they have to play in state association (playoff eligible) then img won't count but neither will bishop Sullivan in VA, international school of broward in FL, or any other independent program in states that don't participate in playoffs 

All I'm saying is you can say img is not a FL team, but you can't then say GSIAA don't count as GA but isb counts as FL 

Isb is as much a FL team as any team in GSIAA are GA teams 

This post doesnt make any sense. I named atleast 3 reasons for IMG.

GISA teams are technically GA teams. I wasnt counting them in the CalPreps #s because they arent connected to the GHSA. And the GHSA consists of the real teams.

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

This post doesnt make any sense. I named atleast 3 reasons for IMG.

GISA teams are technically GA teams. I wasnt counting them in the CalPreps #s because they arent connected to the GHSA. And the GHSA consists of the real teams.

Are you gonna finish that project by any chance? I'm kinda curious of what that will tell us

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Not this year or last.  I think the DC/MD area has got some very good teams there.  LA is always good too tho.

LA has a lot of really good athletes and some really good public school teams.  Both areas have very good private schools so I fell back on who has the better publics.  MD/DC area does have a very good brand of football but take out two or three of the top privates and that area becomes very mediocre.  Take out the top privates from LA and you still have very solid public school football.

On 5/9/2018 at 5:39 AM, ECHS05 said:

Give evidence for FL over GA in H2H games?

FL’s #1 team 56

GA’s #1 team 0

simce then, GA’s top teams have opted for 0-10 Intl school of broward (4 games in last 2 years) rather than another dose of SoFL’s best 

3 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Not this year or last.  I think the DC/MD area has got some very good teams there.  LA is always good too tho.

MD/DC Is top heavy I've noticed a lot of private dominated states are like that. 

MD/DC has:

Dematha

Gonzaga 

SJC 

St.Francis 

Then who else could you really name...

Meanwhile LA is evenly spread there isn't a big gap between privates or public's in LA they can go toe to toe with each other. 

And yet again in MD/DC you couldn't name 5 public's that are on par with their top teams.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pops said:

FL’s #1 team 56

GA’s #1 team 0

simce then, GA’s top teams have opted for 0-10 Intl school of broward (4 games in last 2 years) rather than another dose of SoFL’s best 

Yeah. So Nevada > California .... And thats not just 1 game like you bring up... Thats like 15-20... Bc BG has raped half of SoCal and DLS recently.

Georgias #5: 35

Floridas #2: 3...

So by this evidence...  Florida wins #1 vs #1... But Georgia wins #2-#Infinity...

Thatd make Georgia better actually... 

Just now, ECHS05 said:

Yeah. So Nevada > California .... And thats not just 1 game like you bring up... Thats like 15-20... Bc BG has raped half of SoCal and DLS recently.

So by this evidence...  Florida wins #1 vs #1... But Georgia wins #2-#Infinity...

Don't even entertain that person with the green profile pic. He's still fuming over DLS losing to a TX team that lost in the 1st round.  

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

The problem is we don't see a lot of top match-ups between the states 

Like seriously the best FL team GA beat last year was a North Florida team with no secondary that was carried by 2 qbs 

If GA is serious about leapfrogging FL then you all need to start playing better teams (i will admit GA stepped up with a few games this year, specifically playing 2 potential top 10 teams from FL)

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

The problem is we don't see a lot of top match-ups between the states 

Like seriously the best FL team GA beat last year was a North Florida team with no secondary that was carried by 2 qbs 

If GA is serious about leapfrogging FL then you all need to start playing better teams (i will admit GA stepped up with a few games this year, specifically playing 2 potential top 10 teams from FL)

Seriously, you really can't keep using the whole "no secondary" excuse since they made it to the state championship, playboy. 

Sure, the secondary might've been the most vulnerable area of the team, but overall, they were good enough to play in the championship.