is a 4 loss Maryland team better than an undefeated TX power?

noonereal

St. John's MD vs San Angelo TX  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this hypothetical match up?

• St. John's
    • San Angelo

The idea is wild to 99% that will read this. A 4 loss team from the mid Atlantic as good as an undefeated TX power.... how ridiculous. Right?

Well let's look. 

The TX flavor of the month is now San Angelo. A team even Texans never heard of 60 days ago. They play a typical TX schedule, they meet no national top 100 powers during the regular season.  

St John's, a 4 loss MD team, on the other hand played 7! Going 3-4. 3 of the 4 losses were to undisputed top 5 teams. They were competitive in all games.  

• Like 1

This is just another in a long line of big games for Allen. Their composure will be the difference... Ill take the Eagles to beat SAC.

The thing is... this thread, and mainly the poll, is 2 days early. Wait til AFTER the Allen game to ask because nobody really knows exactly how good SAC is. Its all speculation based on how badly theyve beaten the teams they have up to this point. 

So again, ask this same question, on Saturday... after theyve played Allen & we get a better idea on them. We know your feelings NOR. People realize St. Johns has played better teams... we know more about how they perform vs the better teams than we do about SAC. But we will find out about SAC THIS week.

• Like 2

You are really trying hard to get Texans to this forum:D

We have a Spanish flavor so I will vote for Saint Angelo over your Mid Atlantic Christian School.  

And by the way you would be hard pressed to find a Texan that does not know about San Angelo or any other West Texas Teams outside of Metro El Paso.   Because you don't doesn't make it so.  

I would think we know how relevant they are and how the Orange Crowd amass in Droves.  They started lining up at 1:30 am for a freaking HS football game. We are bouty bouty here in the Lone Star State. 

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2016/11/22/san-angelo-central-fans-reportedly-starting-camping-130-am-get-tickets-allen-game-allen-coach-challenges-fans-get

• Like 1

Sammy you do realize that Texas is still alive and kicking.   Here let me help. Believe me we good.  Nothing OOS teams have done in Texas that an instate team hasn't duplicated. Like Desoto smoking Cedar Hill and Lake Travis annihilating Westlake.  

Just a few that we get to enjoy in the 3rd round.  Oh damn I forgot we are down this year. :D  Bring DLS and drop them into this grinder and see how that would work out. No SLC, ET, in this group. 

San Angelo Central (12-0) vs. Allen (12-0), 

The Woodlands (12-0) vs. Austin Bowie (11-1),

Katy (10-2) vs. Galena Park North Shore (11-1)

Lake Travis (11-1) vs. Los Fresnos (8-4)

Abilene (11-1) vs. DeSoto (12-0),

Mansfield (10-2) vs. Cedar Hill (10-2)

Tyler John Tyler (11-1) vs. Klein Collins (11-1),

Beaumont West Brook (11-1) vs. Spring Westfield (9-3

Cibolo Steele (11-1) vs. Weslaco East (8-4),

5A This is a big one

Cedar Park (12-0) vs. Manvel (12-0), 

This is how I can tell NOR doesn't pay attention, Sumdude and myself have been talking SAC for weeks, actually well over a month on these forums. We definitely know who they are as I've seen them play.

who cares what others think about them beating St Johns, they are playing the Allen Eagles tomorrow and that's the only game that counts and that's real.

lets get behind the dialogue going on in the respective state playoffs and worry less about imaginary OOS games that won't happen.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I have to go with St. Johns.

Primarily because I have seen them play twice and haven't enough info on SAC to make a judgement. I have to go with the educated guess route.

Having said that, I also wouldn't be surprised if SAC took St. Johns to task either. 

That's not the educated guess route.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

who cares what others think about them beating St Johns, they are playing the Allen Eagles tomorrow and that's the only game that counts and that's real.

lets get behind the dialogue going on in the respective state playoffs and worry less about imaginary OOS games that won't happen.

But...but....but.....Ah Fvck it!

Why you gotta throw common sense and real world in there. Doesn't fit the Daisy chain land of cyber arguments and banter.

7 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

St Johns has the much tougher SOS. What is the talent disparity between the two? 

They do.

The problem is, people like NOR thinks that makes them better... it doesnt.

It simply means we know more about them. We know more about what they can do because weve seen then against other top teams. Thats what SoS, a platform to show what you can really do. It technically shouldnt mean anything towards rankings (maybe a little bit). But rankings are about who the better team is, period.

SACs problem is obvious... we dont REALLY know how good they are... yet. I imagine we'll see tomorrow.

Its simply guessing based on the information at hand... we simply have more solid information on St. John's.

37 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

They do.

The problem is, people like NOR thinks that makes them better... it doesnt.

It simply means we know more about them. We know more about what they can do because weve seen then against other top teams. Thats what SoS, a platform to show what you can really do. It technically shouldnt mean anything towards rankings (maybe a little bit). But rankings are about who the better team is, period.

SACs problem is obvious... we dont REALLY know how good they are... yet. I imagine we'll see tomorrow.

Its simply guessing based on the information at hand... we simply have more solid information on St. John's.

.....About the talent tho?

^^ You mentioned SoS. I was commenting on that part, not directly answering your question.

St. John's seems to be overwhelming in this category... keep in mind many are transfers...

2017 St. John offerees

3* DE Tyree Johnson - TAMU commit

5* OT Calvin Ashley - Auburn commit (Dr. Phillips FL transfer)

4* DT Cam Spence - Maryland commit (Gilman --> IMG --> St. Johns transfer)

4* QB Kasim Hill -  Maryland commit (Gilman MD transfer)

3* DE Kafi Wardlow - 8 FBS offers

2* OG Stanley Hubbard - 9 FBS offers

& St. Johns has a 5*  ILB in the 2019 class, Shane Lee.

Edit: I found 1 SR player with a couple offers from San Angelo Central

3* WR Aaron Wooten...

None in the 2018, or 2019 classes.

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I have to go with St. Johns.

Primarily because I have seen them play twice and haven't enough info on SAC to make a judgement. I have to go with the educated guess route.

Having said that, I also wouldn't be surprised if SAC took St. Johns to task either. 

This is your basic "they'll definitely win unless they lose" route.

• Like 1