Coach Surtain Q&A

PrepGridiron

8 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

I was re-reading his response. He said "at Heritage". I bet those Edna Karr/Landry Walker games are up there.

I definitely caught that too. I just didn't want to follow up after getting the beef I needed. Why would I attempt to diminish a golden answer? B|

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coach Surtain said:

U can't be scared. We were more physical and well prepared. We knew what they were going to do on offense pre snap. And it's rare that you can say this about an IMG opponent, but we had the better team and better athletes.

Better line too.   That year AHP was LOADED on that line of scrimmage.   Can't wait to see TJ Slaton tear it up this year at FL.  Kid's a monster.   Thanks for coming on coach!

4 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Great job again guys and thanks Coach. 

As a lifelong Dolphins fan, Surtain is my favorite CB ever.... and I came away with even more respect for him tonight.

Definitely dug his answers to a couple of questions outside of my personal question. 

Firstly his reason for coaching at Heritage was spectacular. Much respect for a guy that seems like he should have a lot, coming back to the grassroots and sowing seeds. Good stuff. 

The one about coaching his son was great too. I would have loved to followed up some on that about how difficult it could have possibly been in some ways as well, but he aced it already...

Just like he aced the Hawg Pen question. :D

13 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

So we've got a coach from one powerhouse program saying SoGa football provided the best atmosphere and another (the IMG coach) saying he would love to come play one of the better programs in the country in the "best" atmosphere.

This must really erk those out west and in the NE.

They hate us because they ain't us. Oh, and because we're beautiful. xD

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

So we've got a coach from one powerhouse program saying SoGa football provided the best atmosphere and another (the IMG coach) saying he would love to come play one of the better programs in the country in the "best" atmosphere.

Irk.... Dawg.... must be all those beers 🍻 

BGW

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:31 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Definitely dug his answers to a couple of questions outside of my personal question. 

Firstly his reason for coaching at Heritage was spectacular. Much respect for a guy that seems like he should have a lot, coming back to the grassroots and sowing seeds. Good stuff. 

The one about coaching his son was great too. I would have loved to followed up some on that about how difficult it could have possibly been in some ways as well, but he aced it already...

Just like he aced the Hawg Pen question. :D

Does ANY PACKER fan know why the name HOG PEN appears NOWHERE, at Mack Tharpe Memorial Stadium at Tom White Field?

2 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

Does ANY PACKER fan know why the name HOG PEN appears NOWHERE, at Mack Tharpe Memorial Stadium at Tom White Field?

Well idk Rab, that's an inquiry that should be directed to the TD Club President.

In other news, did they ever put the big ass hog emblem on the IPF? If not, HawgGoneIt needs to go raise hell at the athletic department.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Well idk Rab, that's an inquiry that should be directed to the TD Club President.

In other news, did they ever put the big ass hog emblem on the IPF? If not, HawgGoneIt needs to go raise hell at the athletic department.

At last viewing of it... Sunday. Herbert was still not plastered all across the front end of the building as the artist rendering had shown. 

I was a bit disappointed about that to begin with, but, cost vs. value and all. Tough to quantify the value I guess. 

On 7/4/2018 at 1:03 PM, CCBlackhatter said:

It's "irk" and uhhh... UGA called, they asking for you to return the diploma.

AKA