Jeff Fisher Q&A

PrepGridiron

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Jeff, when is the Cali football book coming out and being that you love tradition, I am guessing you like rivalry games as well. Have you ever taken in the famous "Shoe Game" ? Carmel vs Pacific grove. Started in 1947 and is played as each teams last regular season game.

Actually, Skyhorse wanted TX and CA to come out at the same time, so I suggested Mark Tennis of CalHiSports. I believe CA comes out early August. No on the Shoe Game, but now it's on the Bucket List!!

• Like 3

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

How does your algorithm account for out-of-state competition? Is strenth of schedule a major component? Thx. 

It's becoming bigger and bigger because to be the best, you have to go out an beat the best and sometimes that means venturing out of your state.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HSFBA said:

Actually, Skyhorse wanted TX and CA to come out at the same time, so I suggested Mark Tennis of CalHiSports. I believe CA comes out early August. No on the Shoe Game, but now it's on the Bucket List!!

August works for me. I know Mark knows all about The Shoe Game. Great history and very heated rivalry. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

@HSFBA

How often do you browse blogs and message boards like ours? Do you visit state message boards etc.? If so, do you ever post anonymously? 

Just curious if you are as much a fanatic as many of us are.

LOL...not much at all. I have a thick skin when it comes to what people say about the rankings, but I don't go looking for trouble!! haha But, that being said, I love everyone's passion. It's an awesome sport that thrives because of the fans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

August works for me. I know Mark knows all about The Shoe Game. Great history and very heated rivalry. 

Mark is awesome. I really wanted to do Cali, living in SoCal, but business is business and Texas turned out great as will PA. Buy Mark's book.

• Like 1

Just now, HSFBA said:

LOL...not much at all. I have a thick skin when it comes to what people say about the rankings, but I don't go looking for trouble!! haha But, that being said, I love everyone's passion. It's an awesome sport that thrives because of the fans.

You are more than welcome to post here 😂 

You could learn stuff from us and we can learn from you

It be win win for everyone 

• Like 3

Just now, golfaddict1 said:

Jeff, is their a playoff boost factor used by any chance in your algorithm and if so does it increase by round or does it fo is more on opponent strength, or both.  Thanks.  

Playoff boost is HUGE...are you examining my computer and seeing the algorithm? LOL

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, HSFBA said:

It's becoming bigger and bigger because to be the best, you have to go out an beat the best and sometimes that means venturing out of your state.

And for the teams & states that don’t travel beyond their boundaries, is there a formula adjustment? 

Just now, HSFBA said:

Mark is awesome. I really wanted to do Cali, living in SoCal, but business is business and Texas turned out great as will PA. Buy Mark's book.

I have Marks book that has the records in it.  Come out to the Shoe Game and make a weekend out of it in beautiful Carmel by the Sea!! Bring your clubs with you too if you golf. 

@HSFBA

Just now, HSFBA said:

Thanks for the NJ rankings Smart dude right here but Question 

in 2015 what the hell were you thinking crowning colquitt county national champs 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Columbiafan said:

You are more than welcome to post here 😂 

You could learn stuff from us and we can learn from you

It be win win for everyone 

You're only as smart as the people around you, so I just may do that. Just don't yell at me...LOL

• Haha 3

Just now, hardhit1 said:

And for the teams & states that don’t travel beyond their boundaries, is there a formula adjustment? 

Yes there is....I tinker with the algorithm each and every year before the season to try to account for the things like that. I can tell you that I'm very proud of the fact that last year, 62 of the Preseason 100 finished in the final Top 100.

1 minute ago, HSFBA said:

So you do but you post anonymously. Ok. We'll go with that. xD

Seriously though, good stuff. I enjoy reading your site and listening to some of your shows when I get time. Thanks from the people of Colquitt for our little piece of the MNC in 2015. Our boys were as deserving as any at the time. 

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

I was curious 

A few on here from FL were a little surprised Carol City was left off considering a few question marks with the FL teams ranked

Was there something specific that hurt them being ranked higher?

It heard, I heard. The fact of the matter is they are at No. 127. Nothing specific other than those SoFL teams beat up on each other during any given year. They hung in the 68 to 100 range most of last year. 

• Like 1