Jeff Fisher Q&A

PrepGridiron

4 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

Chip is still persnickety that Fisher ignored his dumb question. xD

What was the "All World Dumb" question, you speak of..... was it "how to gain twitter followers" last I checked it was 15, but I've been blocked... feel like a stalker on that note.

Or was it Football blog start up and how to be relevant?

Asking for someone I barely know.

Regards

BGW

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

LMFAO 

Joking right? 

When the hell did this game take place the 70s? Because that was last time Leon was elite

And close loss is still a loss,  you try to convince people that colquitt beat AHP, they didn't they lost

If you so confident why not you all drive down to south Florida and find out what happens when you leave the nest

I venture.....

Shark bait....

Was I close?

Regards

All Knowing Asshole

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

What was the "All World Dumb" question, you speak of..... was it "how to gain twitter followers" last I checked it was 15, but I've been blocked... feel like a stalker on that note.

Or was it Football blog start up and how to be relevant?

Asking for someone I barely know.

Regards

BGW

Something about Fisher NOT being a math guy. Must have been his favorite class and struck a nerve 

now 2 pissed guys 😩

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You won't have to field these questions any longer if Marietta and Grayson take care of business this season. Disposing of BC and SJC with ease will erase GAs checkered OOS past. 

Theres not really a checkered past , people like Pops dont take the time to look... Just because you werent watching HSFB the year GA won these games dont mean they didnt happen

The people that think theres a "checkered" past are the ones that use Chandler vs Valdosta as some sort of measuring stick.

Especially after a Chandler team that wasnt as good as the one that beat Valdosta, dismantled Miami Northwestern 55-20 the next season.

33 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Theres not really a checkered past , people like Pops dont take the time to look... Just because you werent watching HSFB the year GA won these games dont mean they didnt happen

The people that think theres a "checkered" past are the ones that use Chandler vs Valdosta as some sort of measuring stick.

Especially after a Chandler team that wasnt as good as the one that beat Valdosta, dismantled Miami Northwestern 55-20 the next season.

Both games were blowouts, so what!

And what are you basing this 2016 Chandler better than 2017 Chandler on? 

The fact that GA is playing cardinal gibbons and wekiva this year means those 2 games alone are better FL teams than any top GA team played against from sunshine state last year 

Only team close to level of those 2 teams that GA played last year would probably be Venice and they lost

In fact Venice was only top 10 FL team i remember GA playing last year 

46 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

The fact that GA is playing cardinal gibbons and wekiva this year means those 2 games alone are better FL teams than any top GA team played against from sunshine state last year 

Only team close to level of those 2 teams that GA played last year would probably be Venice and they lost

Not many FL vs GA games last year for sure.

Which I dont mind, Id rather see the 2 play OOS vs other states instead of against each other.

Venice & Bartram Trail were probably the 2 best last year. 

Have you followed Georgia vs Florida for very long at all? It doesnt appear so.

And 2016 Chandler was more explosive and more talented, at RB & WR.... Its not a knock on Florida... Its a knock on the idiots calling out Valdosta for losing to Chandler. Chandler was an elite team. It was a Top 10 vs a Top 50-60, and the Top 60 had some things go against them ... Because Valdosta had the lead and the momentum half way through the 2nd quarter. Theyd just stopped Chandler for the 3rd possession in a row, since Chandlers very 1st drive of the 1st Quarter... Had Valdosta not fumbled that punt, and actually got to bring their offense out, the game couldve been different.

Anyway, Florida vs. Georgia this year will be entertaining. 

North Gwinnett vs. Wekiva ... Milton vs Cardinal Gibbons ... Lee Co. vs. Dr. Phillips ... Buford vs. Deerfield Beach....

2-2 for both states seems most likely but you never know.

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Unless you want to count ISB... FL didnt play any Top 10 GA teams either. So IDK what the point in you saying this is.

Cartersville was #11 in GA, while Bartram Trail was #13 in FL ... If you want to believe CalPreps.  Which turned out to be a down-to-the-wire , solid game.

That was the most even & highly ranked game between the 2 states. 

To put this in the way you did ... The fact that FL is playing North Gwinnett & Buford means those 2 games alone are better GA teams than any top FL team played from the Peach State last year....

23 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Which I dont mind, Id rather see the 2 play OOS vs other states instead of against each other.

And 2016 Chandler was more explosive and more talented, at RB & WR.... Its not a knock on Florida... Its a knock on the idiots calling out Valdosta for losing to Chandler. Chandler was an elite team. It was a Top 10 vs a Top 50-60, and the Top 60 had some things go against them ... Because Valdosta had the lead and the momentum half way through the 2nd quarter. Theyd just stopped Chandler for the 3rd possession in a row, since Chandlers very 1st drive of the 1st Quarter... Had Valdosta not fumbled that punt, and actually got to bring their offense out, the game couldve been different.

North Gwinnett vs. Wekiva ... Milton vs Cardinal Gibbons ... Lee Co. vs. Dr. Phillips ... Buford vs. Deerfield Beach....

I'm fully aware of the FL vs GA history considering one of the oldest border war games that used to happen more often involved my school 

I have records of Columbia vs Valdosta going back to 1915 (103 years ago) 

26 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

If i had to pick the games right now

Wekiva vs North Gwinnett  toss up

Cardinal gibbons lean but Milton win wouldn't be craziest thing I've ever seen

Buford wins easily

Dr Phillips lean but similar explanation to cardinal gibbons 

20 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Unless you want to count ISB... FL didnt play any Top 10 GA teams either. So IDK what the point in you saying this is.

Cartersville was #11 in GA, while Bartram Trail was #13 in FL ... If you want to believe CalPreps.  Which turned out to be a down-to-the-wire , solid game.

That was the most even & highly ranked game between the 2 states. 

To put this in the way you did ... The fact that FL is playing North Gwinnett & Buford means those 2 games alone are better GA teams than any top FL team played from the Peach State last year....

I still think that is a bit high for bartram trail considering i don't think they would have beaten lakeland or viera had they had to travel

Hell they almost choked that plant game on a fumble during a victory formation, had the refs not blown the whistle they would have lost on one of the most bonehead plays in the entire states history 

15 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

That's a lie. 

2016 losses to Centennial,CA by 7 and they lost to Mountain Pointe 52-7!! 

in 2017 they lost to national number 2 IMG Academy 27-14 and Mountain Pointe again by only 3 points. 

They were clearly better in 2017 even with the stud QB having nagging injuries 

5 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

That's a lie. 

2016 losses to Centennial,CA by 7 and they lost to Mountain Pointe 52-7!! 

in 2017 they lost to national number 2 IMG Academy 27-14 and Mountain Pointe again by only 3 points. 

They were clearly better in 2017 even with the stud QB having nagging injuries 

The losses to both were early..,They came back and beat MP by 19 later that season.

On 7/10/2018 at 8:46 AM, ECHS05 said:

Uh huh...

Its funny you point about 1 Georgia OOS loss over and over... 1, in decades of OOS play... and use that as proof of something when talking about GA.

While refusing to acknowledge DLS losing year after year after year OOS could mean anything at all.

Are you being a hypocrite on purpose or are you really that thick?

It doesn't mean what you think it means, namely, that CA is overrated. 

What's more, I've shown you that on at least half a dozen occasions.

Just for old times' sake, DLS is...

14-14 against CP top-100 rated teams

and...

7-8 against OOS teams

and...

7-5 in state championship games.

The point is that, on the available evidence, in a game between DLS and another high quality football team, DLS is about as likely as not to win.

There is nothing statistically significant about their OOS record.

On 7/10/2018 at 5:36 PM, ECHS05 said:

Crap, I forgot about chandler and Valdosta — that game could have been won by 50 against a GA state champ 

norcross’d — the eternal poster child for embarrassing OOS performance 

GA’s vaunted run defense on their #1 team not being able to stop 50 straight QB draws 

sandy creek refs jumping in some bs rule to shut the game down with less than 2 minutes left right AFTER SC punted to plant 

yeah, no checkered past here — it’s all in Pops imagination after echs explains it all away 

22 minutes ago, Pops said:

Crap, I forgot about chandler and Valdosta — that game could have been won by 50 against a GA state champ 

norcross’d — the eternal poster child for embarrassing OOS performance 

GA’s vaunted run defense on their #1 team not being able to stop 50 straight QB draws 

sandy creek refs jumping in some bs rule to shut the game down with less than 2 minutes left right AFTER SC punted to plant 

yeah, no checkered past here — it’s all in Pops imagination after echs explains it all away 

You do realize Grayson held IMG to its lowest offensive yardage output all season.  Youll notice IMG didnt use the QB draw like that anymore, because they could actually use their RBs and WRs vs other teams.

You will forever be taking the attention away from DLSs sub .500 OOS record.

If Chandler couldve won by 50, they would've... They had no reservation about running it up on anyone else.... Considering they just beat Miami Northwestern 55-20. You didnt watch this game.

Im guess you didn't watch ANY of the game you are mentioning. You dont actually watch football. You click on Google Chrome, open your favorites, and select the one on top, which is CalPreps.com

Good stuff, keep it coming. 

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

You do realize Grayson held IMG to its lowest offensive yardage output all season. 

If Chandler couldve won by 50, they would've... They had no reservation about running it up on anyone else.... Considering they just beat Miami Northwestern 55-20. You didnt watch this game.

Im guess you didn't watch ANY of the game you are mentioning. You dont actually watch football. You click on Google Chrome, open your favorites, and select the one on top, which is CalPreps.com

I will say this

I watched both of Chandlers geico Bowl games and they looked like the superior team in both games,  regardless of who lost by more points the fact remains valdosta and MNW both got their ass kicked by Chandler and they may want to send a top 10 national team against Chandler next time 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I will say this

I watched both of Chandlers geico Bowl games and they looked like the superior team in both games,  regardless of who lost by more points the fact remains valdosta and MNW both got their ass kicked by Chandler and they may want to send a top 10 national team against Chandler next time 

Valdosta held a lead 5 minutes from halftime and collapsed with turnover after turnover. And went into that game rated in the 50-70 range most everywhere and lost to a top 10 team 44-24.

Miami Northwestern went into that game Top 25, never led, and was overwhlemed from the start losing by 35.

Yes Chandler looked superior... They were fast and athletic... Conover and Romney had a nice connection.. And when that RB from '16 actually got going he was impossible to catch from behind.

That said ... My entire point is NOT to put down MNW, I know they were good and that loss doesnt reflect the kind of team they were.... Its because people actually used this loss to put down Georgia... Which is retarded... Valdosta was a 2nd level State Champ ranked appropriately, that already had a 20+ point loss on their resume. They actually performed well outside of the turnovers. But they got hammered on the score board.

Chandler was really good, it sucks we were denied a game vs. Grayson. Grayson was the real deal in '16.

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Valdosta held a lead 5 minutes from halftime and collapsed with turnover after turnover. And went into that game rated in the 50-70 range most everywhere and lost to a top 10 team 44-24.

Miami Northwestern went into that game Top 25, never led, and was overwhlemed from the start losing by 35.

Yes Chandler looked superior... They were fast and athletic... Conover and Romney had a nice connection.. And when that RB from '16 actually got going he was impossible to catch from behind.

That said ... My entire point is NOT to put down MNW, I know they were good and that loss doesnt reflect the kind of team they were.... Its because people actually used this loss to put down Georgia... Which is retarded... Valdosta was a 2nd level State Champ ranked appropriately, that already had a 20+ point loss on their resume. They actually performed well outside of the turnovers. But they got hammered on the score board.

Chandler was really good, it sucks we were denied a game vs. Grayson. Grayson was the real deal in '16.

To be fair i never put GA down because of the loss to Chandler because it was clear Chandler was a nationally elite team and while valdosta won state they haven't been at level Chandler was for a while now 

And if i recall correctly it was Grayson choice to not go,  just like it was AHP choice to not go last year 

With IMG being ineligible and AHP turning it down FL sent the best we could and it wasn't enough 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

You do realize Grayson held IMG to its lowest offensive yardage output all season.  Youll notice IMG didnt use the QB draw like that anymore, because they could actually use their RBs and WRs vs other teams.

I watched every one of those games 

they are the only GA games I’ve watched because they were the only ones that rose to bellweather status for national elite status 

in bellweather games, GA is 0-4, each loss fairly embarrassing 

Norcross/ btw

grayson/ img

Valdosta/ chandler

sandy creek/ Plant — I’m including this tie as it was a national top 10 GA team against a middling FL team (that year) and it’s ending was not a good look for GA no matter your explanation 

i understand you guys own Hoover 

• Haha 1