DLS Schedule

Blueliner

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Well, I like Bosco, but most people and everyone, professional or amateur that published a poll, thought DLS's worst team in 25 years was better

If the schedules were flipped bosco would have the same record as dls .... prob one more win too over east if they are home. Plus bosco would of beat servite by multiple scores. 

You really don't care about sos do you ? 

Whats dls's record if they play bosco's schedule ..... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

If the schedules were flipped bosco would have the same record as dls .... prob one more win too over east if they are home. Plus bosco would of beat servite by multiple scores. 

You really don't care about sos do you ? 

Whats dls's record if they play bosco's schedule ..... 

Am skeptical about the foundation of your claims

A). DLS didnt lose to anyone outside of top 25 last year and hasn't lost to anyone outside of top 100 in over 10 years ('05 Mission Viejo), while DBP has lost to #265 '16 Moeller, #375 '15 Paramus Carholic, #135 '14 SJR, #163 '13 DePaul, etc

B). DBP didn't beat anyone as good as East last year and lost to 4 worse teams, so I think DBP beating East is a bold call

32 minutes ago, Pops said:

Am skeptical about the foundation of your claims

A). DLS didnt lose to anyone outside of top 25 last year and hasn't lost to anyone outside of top 100 in over 10 years ('05 Mission Viejo), while DBP has lost to #265 '16 Moeller, #375 '15 Paramus Carholic, #135 '14 SJR, #163 '13 DePaul, etc

B). DBP didn't beat anyone as good as East last year and lost to 4 worse teams, so I think DBP beating East is a bold call

You never/don't/can't/won't  account for strength of schedule. We go round and round on the same topic. 

Those rankings are junk of the forementioned teams. For example, one of those pc teams lost to img by one score... the same differential it would of been if not for a fluke Hail Mary td against bosco to win the game. 

We have no idea how good east was .... so we should just give them a top 25 ranking for beating a bad dls team (that should of lost to servite)  w a last second fg? Funny thing is .... if east missed that fg we wouldn't of even discussed them on the board the rest of the year. But BC the fg was good now they are top 25 material for beating the all mighty Spartans. Crazy talk. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pops said:

Well, I like Bosco, but most people and everyone, professional or amateur that published a poll, thought DLS's worst team in 25 years was better

Calling people like whiteshoes and Omaha Vol even 'amateurs' is a huge stretch.

At least one of them had De La Salle in the top 25 this year.

And to claim that this year's team was worse than 2004 or some others is just Pops-psychology.

7 minutes ago, LOSer said:

Calling people like whiteshoes and Omaha Vol even 'amateurs' is a huge stretch.

At least one of them had De La Salle in the top 25 this year.

And to claim that this year's team was worse than 2004 or some others is just Pops-psychology.

I think you're being typically disparaging to Omaha and whiteshoes -- to each his own I guess but I think their polls are as good as any "pro's" and, at very least, they're objective unlike most of the rest of us that put a product out

if you don't have issue with STA in top 5 or 6 (multiple losses, including a worse loss than DLS has had in 11 years), then you ought not have an issue with DLS in top 25.  DLS was somewhere between 20 and 50, which is separated by < a TD

i think '16 DLS was better than '04-'06, slightly behind '07-09, and said so during the year -- my "worst DLS team in 25 years" is a little tongue-in-cheek salute to the description that others gave them throughout the year 

8 minutes ago, Pops said:

I think you're being typically disparaging to Omaha and whiteshoes -- to each his own I guess but I think their polls are as good as any "pro's" and, at very least, they're objective unlike most of the rest of us that put a product out

A grandmother in Albuquerque is objective too.

Means nothing.

9 minutes ago, Pops said:

if you don't have issue with STA in top 5 or 6 (multiple losses, including a worse loss than DLS has had in 11 years), then you ought not have an issue with DLS in top 25. DLS was somewhere between 20 and 50, which is separated by < a TD

Cue subject-changing.

10 minutes ago, Pops said:

if you don't have issue with STA in top 5 or 6 (multiple losses, including a worse loss than DLS has had in 11 years), then you ought not have an issue with DLS in top 25.  DLS was somewhere between 20 and 50, which is separated by < a TD

I don't have an issue with the former because they very likely were one of the top 5 or 6 teams and mostly proved it.

I do have an issue with the latter because De La Salle wasn't anywhere close to a top 25 team and mostly proved it.

4 hours ago, Pops said:

No they did not. They were ranked more favorably. This do to past history and a very soft schedule.

And yes it was a terrible team for DLS but it was also Bosco's worst this century.

Neither were too shabby considering this fact.

3 hours ago, LOSer said:

I don't have an issue with the former because they very likely were one of the top 5 or 6 teams and mostly proved it.

I do have an issue with the latter because De La Salle wasn't anywhere close to a top 25 team and mostly proved it.

IYHO

MHO is that top 10 teams don't have multiple losses including one to #188

Id agree with you that STA and the other 2 academy schools (IMG, BG) were the 3 most talented teams

difference in our opinion is whether you're evaluating resumes or potential

23 minutes ago, Pops said:

IYHO

Apparently the opinion's of people, profession or amateur, only matter if they agree with you.

6 hours ago, Pops said:

You're much too easy Pops.

25 minutes ago, Pops said:

MHO is that top 10 teams don't have multiple losses including one to #188

Pollsters, professional and amateur alike, disagree with you.

Does the volume of their opinions not matter now? 

3 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Oh, good. So whiteshoes and Omaha Vol are legitimate pollsters then. 

Cute but no.

Omaha Vol has settled that case for us here today. He's a rube.

At least whiteshoes has enough sense to stay quiet and make us guess.

3 minutes ago, LOSer said:

Omaha Vol has settled that case for us here today. He's a rube.

At least whiteshoes has enough sense to stay quiet and make us guess.

I think what you're really saying is this: 

"I feel deeply inadequate as a man. And that's why I'm always calling other members rubes and idiots and incompetent and stupid." 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

"I feel deeply inadequate as a man. And that's why I'm always calling other members rubes and idiots and incompetent and stupid." 

Or they're just incompetent rubes who are stupid.

Sometimes it's just that simple, Bobby.

45 minutes ago, Pops said:

You use polls when they agree with you 

If they don't, you'll mock the same poll

#true

I generally don't use polls ever.

But that was a bad attempt by you to change the subject.

You completely changed your tune from one page to the next.