DLS Schedule

Blueliner

4 hours ago, LOSer said:

I don't think anybody plays the 'selectively scheduled because we're young and untested' card as much as you do.

Same with last year and same with Alumbaugh's first year where you argued that they scheduled weak because they wanted to give him a 'soft' landing.

It doesn't get any less lame.

Your point has some merit, but in this case, my point in the team being young is only an additional reason to live the schedule. It an excuse why it's not better

this schedule rocks and you know it or your already be slamming it instead of my comments

22 minutes ago, The Stache said:

So you are saying that BG had a "Once in a generation graduating class"?

My sources say they will be ranked #1 going into 2017 season.

The core of their 54-game winning streak was made up of the class of 2017.

They've still got dudes, no question, but they were teetering on the brink recently and the turnover is going to hurt them.

It reminds me of Lakeland from 2004-06. They were still quite good for several years after that but never the same.

LOS is funny

STS has 40 D1 players last year loses to a non-elite team then justices a top 10 ranking pretty much exclusively on losing close to the team DLS schedules

ans he'll still carve my one post into 10 responses to bash it 

let me just say this -- DLS's '17 schedule is better than any schedule STA ever played in their history and if he disagrees with that, give me the  specific year and we can debate

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

this schedule rocks and you know it

O.o

Your rhetoric never gets any more palatable. It's goofy fanboy nonsense almost all the time.

You play 7 soft Bay Area teams, 1 irrelevant Central Section team and 2 interesting OOS games.

You should really say that this schedule rocks...for a NorCal team that can generally write off 90% of their opponents in preseason.

Just now, LOSer said:

O.o

Your rhetoric never gets any more palatable. It's goofy fanboy nonsense almost all the time.

You play 7 soft Bay Area teams, 1 irrelevant Central Section team and 2 interesting OOS games.

You should really say that this schedule rocks...for a NorCal team that can generally write off 90% of their opponents in preseason.

Better than STA's best schedule ever

csll my bluff with a specific year or stfu

1 minute ago, Pops said:

STS has 40 D1 players last year loses to a non-elite team then justices a top 10 ranking pretty much exclusively on losing close to the team DLS schedules

Don't know what or who STS is but you're off to a roaring start.

STA was preseason #1 and was still top 10 after losing to BTW. But here you are, again, claiming that a top 10 ranking for them was pretty much exclusively due to losing close to Gorman.

And DLS is not playing the team that STA played. This is one of your typical Pops' moves. 

13 minutes ago, LOSer said:

The core of their 54-game winning streak was made up of the class of 2017.

They've still got dudes, no question, but they were teetering on the brink recently and the turnover is going to hurt them.

It reminds me of Lakeland from 2004-06. They were still quite good for several years after that but never the same.

Reminds me of STA '11

wasnt nearly as good as the '08-'10 teams that Manatee beat and still capable of losing  FL7A15 to Cooper City but still enough talent to beat 2 top 10 teams despite the coaching

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

let me just say this -- DLS's '17 schedule is better than any schedule STA ever played in their history and if he disagrees with that, give me the specific year and we can debate

Let me just say this -- you've made this same claim every year that you've been on these forums. It never gets any truer.

You said the same thing last year.

STA played 5 undefeated teams. They also had a higher average opponent rating on calpreps (46.4 to 44.4). So the first year that STA played an arbitrary bowl game (like DLS) they ended with a higher average opponent rating.

What.

A.

Shock.

1 minute ago, LOSer said:

Let me just say this -- you've made this same claim every year that you've been on these forums. It never gets any truer.

You said the same thing last year.

STA played 5 undefeated teams. They also had a higher average opponent rating on calpreps (46.4 to 44.4). So the first year that STA played an arbitrary bowl game (like DLS) they ended with a higher average opponent rating.

What.

A.

Shock.

Really?  I didn't look at the schedule post your escape vs Bingham but that would be first year ever STA had better SOS

and I did NOT say that about DLS last year -- as you well know, because you pointed it out earlier, I was making excuses for DLS's schedule last year -- "lost 21-22 starters", "this team will be very very young", etc

i think you ought to have a little more pride than to brag about beating THAT SOS

however we were talking about '17 schedule. D you changed the subject because you know it rocks

34 minutes ago, Pops said:

Better than STA's best schedule ever

csll my bluff with a specific year or stfu

For someone who once claimed to be a 'master logician' you are really awful at common logic.

The burden is not on me to disprove your claim. The burden is on you prove it or at least support it in some way.

You actually just said that a hypothetical schedule was better than any schedule that STA has ever played in it's history. So you said that a schedule that hasn't been played (and therefore has no way to be evaluated) is better than any schedule STA has ever played (not one of those schedules you actually know off the top of your head).

You somehow keep topping your previous statements for absurdity.

15 minutes ago, Pops said:

Reminds me of STA '11

So 2017 Bishop Gorman reminds you of a 3-loss team that finished outside the calpreps top 100?

Yet you claim that they are the lead act on a schedule that 'rocks' and is better than any schedule STA has ever played.

Gotcha.

I think being Pops is itself a neurological disorder.

17 minutes ago, Pops said:

Really?  I didn't look at the schedule post your escape vs Bingham but that would be first year ever STA had better SOS

Yes.

I did the math.

In fact, STA was higher basically wire-to-wire. From week 1 to the very last day.

Doesn't really matter.

The idea that DLS plays schedules that 'rock' is such a laughable statement.

13 minutes ago, Pops said:

and I did NOT say that about DLS last year -- as you well know, because you pointed it out earlier, I was making excuses for DLS's schedule last year -- "lost 21-22 starters", "this team will be very very young", etc

You say it every year.

Or at the very least you couch your claim in some kind of way that allows you say it's the best or better than (insert team) every year.

You are incapable of rational judgment. 

14 minutes ago, Pops said:

i think you ought to have a little more pride than to brag about beating THAT SOS

I didn't brag. You made a claim and I reported the facts.

You have a real problem with facts and reality.

15 minutes ago, Pops said:

however we were talking about '17 schedule. D you changed the subject because you know it rocks

The 2017 schedule doesn't exist.

That's why you love to talk schedules in the preseason.

It gives you a bunch of running space in which to lie and manufacture.

12 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Ok, based on match ups and style, SF might keep it fairly close, but Marquee Locket isn't suiting up for them ;)!

BOD did win a state title, but also got blown out by Freedom?  I'd give 35 points on that one today.

Central? Didnt they lose to Bullard? If we were taking baseball in the 80's and 90's that wood be great (Bullard was an elite baseball power) but in 2016 football, yikes!

BOD coach and former Raider and Udub great Nap Kaufman might be biting off more that he can chew.  BOD did win a state title but in the small school class. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BigDrop said:

St. John's has a great deal of support from Kevin Plank who graduated from there.  They beat IMG 35-2 several years ago and last year beat both St. Joseph's Regional and Pittsburgh Central Catholic while losing to IMG in a rematch.  They compete heavily with DeMatha to pull the best athletes out of the 9.5 million Washington, D. C./Baltimore area.  Last year St. John's had several significant transfers from Gilman and a four star from Orlando.  For the coming year is the qb from Malvern Prep which I mentioned elsewhere.

Under Armour is heavily investing in them and is positioning them on the national stage.  Locally, the competition between St. John's and DeMatha is intense-and that is an understatement.

With DeMatha playing Gorman in Vegas and St. John's playing De La Salle in Concord, we'll find out how far D. C. area football has come.

Under Armour class A is trading a bit over $28.00 a share which is the lowest it has traded at in almost three years. http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/UAA?p=UAA   This morning Trump signed the end of the TPP (Trans Pacific Partnership-U. S. and 11 other countries) which will make it a great deal more difficult for American companies to sell merchandise on the Pacific Rim and China.  This could affect the growth of Under Armour and some believe the fall of the stock price in part reflects this.  I mention this because I've noted elsewhere that UA is a/the major supporter of St. John's having committed at least $16 million dollars or more in the past two years.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/under-armour-founder-gives-16-million-to-st-johns-college-high/2015/11/06/7adc7724-84bf-11e5-9afb-0c971f713d0c_story.html?utm_term=.f614ef137150.  A major part of this is the football program.

I am guessing that UA is paying part-perhaps a large part-of the cost of St. John's travelling to play DLS.  My question is that if Under Armour's future efforts at international trade are impacted (NAFTA may also be ended-Canada and Mexico are our second largest trading partners after China), there could be a resultant effect on the continued support of St. John's.  This is not meant as a political comment; rather only to note that American companies may experience difficulties in the penetration of particular offshore markets as well as our bordering countries.

With the ending of these trade agreements there is a great deal that is up in the air right now.

If UA sales do not continue their projected growth I merely wonder if some moderation is a new direction for the St. John's football program?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LOSer said:

For someone who once claimed to be a 'master logician' you are really awful at common logic.

The burden is not on me to disprove your claim. The burden is on you prove it or at least support it in some way.

You actually just said that a hypothetical schedule was better than any schedule that STA has ever played in it's history. So you said that a schedule that hasn't been played (and therefore has no way to be evaluated) is better than any schedule STA has ever played (not one of those schedules you actually know off the top of your head).

You somehow keep topping your previous statements for absurdity.

^^^^

obfuscatuon

put up or shut up

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

BOD coach and former Raider and Udub great Nap Kaufman might be biting off more that he can chew.  BOD did win a state title but in the small school class. 

I agree. I've heard it's 50/50 on Kuafman at the O'Dowd camp, either you love him or hate him. Nickerson was a disaster as a HC so the bar was set low. 

Maybe they've turned the corner, but I agree they bit off more than they can chew on this one. This won't be close in the end.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

^^^^

obfuscatuon

put up or shut up

Comprehension.

I know who has the burden of proof.

And it's not me.

In fact it's not even possible to participate in your stupid game because 2017 doesn't exist yet.

On January 22, 2017 at 4:30 AM, Omaha Vol said:

He tends to do that a lot. He's bashing all of these rankings that we all put out, but won't put one of his own out. He's, either, not man enough to do it or he's just that incompetent. 

It sounds like we agree.

For what it's worth, I think you put out a good poll.