DLS Schedule

Blueliner

On 1/19/2017 at 7:20 PM, BigDrop said:

I'm not sure.  They lost a lot this year but I expect they will be strong given the sponsorship of UnderArmour.  They recently picked up a qb transfer from Malvern Prep.  Not sure of others.

4 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Anybody know what SJC brings, bigDrop??

Never mind. Looks like he answered in another thread. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ararar said:

St.Johns was pretty good last year wonder what they look like for next season...Big Drop you have a scouting report?

Looks like they played lost to IMG, Dematha, and Gonzaga....all close games. They avenged the defeat to Gonzaga, I believe. Could be a really good game.

Home n Home with BG is money! . Looks like DLS is feeling pretty good about themselves these next two years.

1 minute ago, Cossacks said:

Not a horrible schedule. BG and SJ games look promising.

St. Francis meh, not moving the needle. Should blow out BOD, Central game won't be close either.

But then they jump into the belly of the EBAL gauntlet so I can understand the pre-season schedule.

Agree on the other non-league but Central won their section, BOD won a state title and St. Francis tied for the top in arguably the best league in NorCal. For three NorCal teams, that's not bad. 

2 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

St. Francis meh, not moving the needle. Should blow out BOD, Central game won't be close either.

But then they jump into the belly of the EBAL gauntlet so I can understand the pre-season schedule.

When you've won 280+ in a row up north you are the gauntlet 

30 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Agree on the other non-league but Central won their section, BOD won a state title and St. Francis tied for the top in arguably the best league in NorCal. For three NorCal teams, that's not bad. 

Ok, based on match ups and style, SF might keep it fairly close, but Marquee Locket isn't suiting up for them ;)!

BOD did win a state title, but also got blown out by Freedom?  I'd give 35 points on that one today.

Central? Didnt they lose to Bullard? If we were taking baseball in the 80's and 90's that wood be great (Bullard was an elite baseball power) but in 2016 football, yikes!

St. John's has a great deal of support from Kevin Plank who graduated from there.  They beat IMG 35-2 several years ago and last year beat both St. Joseph's Regional and Pittsburgh Central Catholic while losing to IMG in a rematch.  They compete heavily with DeMatha to pull the best athletes out of the 9.5 million Washington, D. C./Baltimore area.  Last year St. John's had several significant transfers from Gilman and a four star from Orlando.  For the coming year is the qb from Malvern Prep which I mentioned elsewhere.

Under Armour is heavily investing in them and is positioning them on the national stage.  Locally, the competition between St. John's and DeMatha is intense-and that is an understatement.

With DeMatha playing Gorman in Vegas and St. John's playing De La Salle in Concord, we'll find out how far D. C. area football has come.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cossacks said:

1 hour ago, PrepGridiron said:

Cossacks tough to please

cue the me propping up the schedule accusations, but....

....you have a still young team (I think they'll be better in '18) whose starting center weighed 175# scheduling....

..... 2-time defending USAT MNC, a game which has turned into maybe the biggest grudge match in hsfb that hasn't happened....

..... plus the top team in DC, that is only team that's beaten IMG and beat the #2 teams in both NJ and PA last year that will at very least be very very athletic

..... then remember that DLS is likely to end season vs a top5ish Team that will be whoever emerges among MD SJB and CC

thats as good of "strength at the top" as you're likely to find next year

BOD, SF, and Central....... meh.  They're good local teams that could all compete for #2 in NV.....

..... and EBAL and NCS aren't likely to test any national elite team (if that's what DLS is next season) but are as good or better than most top 25's bottom half (waaaay better than BG's), which are largely irrelevant as elite measuring sticks for anyone anyways

BG by itself would have been great (especially with the grudge factor) -- SJC may be the best "undercard" DLS has had  -- Lakeland '09 might be the comparison (behind MNC DBP) -- and there will be a monster at the end next year (hard to imagine the "winner" of MD-SJB-CC being outside top 5 and, if undefeated, could very well be #1

i know the usual folks will come along and call me a schill but I like this schedule a lot -- I'm a little surprised by both BG (there has definitely been some bad blood inhibiting this game from happening) and getting a 2nd marquee game with St. John's -- coaches must like this team more than I thought

7 hours ago, BigDrop said:

They beat IMG 35-2 several years ago and last year beat both St. Joseph's Regional and Pittsburgh Central Catholic while losing to IMG in a rematch.  

No way! Really?

This is the first I've heard of it.

5 hours ago, Pops said:

....you have a still young team (I think they'll be better in '18) whose starting center weighed 175# scheduling....

I don't think anybody plays the 'selectively scheduled because we're young and untested' card as much as you do.

Same with last year and same with Alumbaugh's first year where you argued that they scheduled weak because they wanted to give him a 'soft' landing.

It doesn't get any less lame.

5 hours ago, Pops said:

..... 2-time defending USAT MNC, a game which has turned into maybe the biggest grudge match in hsfb that hasn't happened....

Yes, one of two interesting games but still leaves you open to the legit possible criticism that DLS scheduled them after their best graduating class ever exited.

5 hours ago, Pops said:

..... plus the top team in DC, that is only team that's beaten IMG and beat the #2 teams in both NJ and PA last year that will at very least be very very athletic

St. John's isn't the only team to beat IMG.

It took you three bullet points to have your first straight out lie. That's an improvement for you.

5 hours ago, Pops said:

..... then remember that DLS is likely to end season vs a top5ish Team that will be whoever emerges among MD SJB and CC

And no fluff job of a regular season schedule would be complete without adding in hypothetical games that aren't on the regular season schedule.

No matter how guaranteed that game is (and it is guaranteed) it's nothing more than an acknowledgement that the regular season schedule isn't good enough and therefore you have to make stuff up.

5 hours ago, Pops said:

thats as good of "strength at the top" as you're likely to find next year

xD

I have to stop finding amusement in these things and just call them what they are.

Chronic delusions.

5 hours ago, Pops said:

BOD, SF, and Central....... meh.  They're good local teams that could all compete for #2 in NV.....

Bishop O'Dowd and St. Francis are garbage, Pops.

Their combined record against the calpreps top 1000 last year was 1-3.

Bishop O'Dowd lost to Freedom by 30. They beat Capital Christian and Rancho Cotate by 3.

8 minutes ago, The Stache said:

Are you saying SJC had a "once in a generation" graduating class? 

Or you read what I said about Bishop Gorman and thought it was about St. John's.

For whatever reason.