MaxPreps Preseason top 100

eddiev

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Agree. The only BNU team that doesn't play OOS getting such love is crazy! @PJR just interviewed McKenna and Nicky. Maybe he can shed some light. 

Having a good qb and a nice wr just doesn’t catapult you that high in a national poll. 

Has to be more to the story .... 

DePaul does at least have more than 50 kids on the roster.

Quite a few are 150 lbs. even one at 130. 

So yes, can we talk about DePaul at 35? 

SJP in ahead of North as well, with their 52 or so man roster.

While North Gwinnett is defending 7A champ in Georgia and returns most of their team, with over 100 players on their roster and listed 38th. 

15 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Gotcha, got my wires crossed... thought MP bought CP. 

BGW

Max Preps computer ratings are the Freeman ratings, which is Cal Preps. 

The two probably are the same, but, when I google Cal Preps, it only shows me the preview. ECHS knows how to finagle the web address to Cal Preps and get to their current ratings. 

I don't care to try that hard. This poll is probably the Cal Preps poll too. 

Max Preps also does an experts ranking which is usually a little better than this, but doesn't go 100 deep. 

• Thanks 1

Really. Why would anyone talk about Depaul, NJ?

Warren Easton for example has more D1s than Depaul does starters coming back..😄

Depaul

RETURNERS
Returning Offensive Starters: 4
Returning Defensive Starters: 5
2017 JV Record: 6-3
Starting Quarterback Returning: yes
Top Running Back Returning: no
Top Receiver Returning: yes
Top OL Returning: no
Top Defender Returning: no

TOP PLAYERS
Ronnie Hickman 6'2" 210 Senior WR/DB 4halfstars.jpg
Taquan Roberson 6'0" 200 Senior QB 4stars.jpg
Chris Conti 6'1" 220 Senior FB/MLB 2halfstars.jpg

ADDITIONAL D1 PROSPECT
Blerim Rustemi 6'4" 275 Senior OG 3stars.jpg

30 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Really. Why would anyone talk about Depaul, NJ?

Warren Easton for example has more D1s than Depaul does starters coming back..😄

Depaul

RETURNERS
Returning Offensive Starters: 4
Returning Defensive Starters: 5
2017 JV Record: 6-3
Starting Quarterback Returning: yes
Top Running Back Returning: no
Top Receiver Returning: yes
Top OL Returning: no
Top Defender Returning: no

TOP PLAYERS
Ronnie Hickman 6'2" 210 Senior WR/DB 4halfstars.jpg
Taquan Roberson 6'0" 200 Senior QB 4stars.jpg
Chris Conti 6'1" 220 Senior FB/MLB 2halfstars.jpg

ADDITIONAL D1 PROSPECT
Blerim Rustemi 6'4" 275 Senior OG 3stars.jpg

They have a nice QB/Receiver combo there. A nice Guard and a Full back that plays both ways as a line backer and fullback. A local area guy says they have no depth, which starts showing right away with a fullback playing middle line backer also. 

Lowndes really would stomp a mudhole in DePaul. Lowndes isn't anywhere in anybody's top 100, but their starting players and the second and third rotation of guys would wear down most of these little 35-60 man rosters. And I'm not arguing for Lowndes to be in any top 100 because I dislike them. Just saying these are some of the examples of little rosters, this one not even that pretty, with little or no depth getting boosted rankings. 

I'm no ECHS05, so I'm not going to really dig, but, I'm guessing there is an agenda that puts DePaul that high. Connecting data with other teams that need the S.O.S. boost to be where they are. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They have a nice QB/Receiver combo there. A nice Guard and a Full back that plays both ways as a line backer and fullback. A local area guy says they have no depth, which starts showing right away with a fullback playing middle line backer also. 

Lowndes really would stomp a mudhole in DePaul. Lowndes isn't anywhere in anybody's top 100, but their starting players and the second and third rotation of guys would wear down most of these little 35-60 man rosters. And I'm not arguing for Lowndes to be in any top 100 because I dislike them. Just saying these are some of the examples of little rosters, this one not even that pretty, with little or no depth getting boosted rankings. 

I'm no ECHS05, so I'm not going to really dig, but, I'm guessing there is an agenda that puts DePaul that high. Connecting data with other teams that need the S.O.S. boost to be where they are. 

You dislike Lowndes ???????

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

I did dig on Cajon a little. I don't know the team, nor really care, but I can't see how they are ranked that high with 36 players. That's an offense, a defense and 14 bodies on the bench. I doubt all of them are playing, but I guess they could be. They better be against a team like North Gwinnett who they are ranked near or Lowndes who is unranked at all. 

I can't see any reason to over rank them for any agenda either. They play Helix and that is pretty much the only team that I recognize as having been talked on here. Maybe Murrieta Valley and Oak Hills I heard of in some discussion somewhere. Can't quite see why they're up in there. 

They do have a pretty roster though. 

D1 PROSPECTS
Kamron Forest 5-8 170 Junior CB 5stars.jpg
Rodney Robinson 5-8 155 Junior CB 5stars.jpg
Jayden Daniels 6'3" 190 Senior QB 5stars.jpg
Darren Jones 6'8" 185 Senior WR 4halfstars.jpg
Jonathan Perkins 6'1" 205 Senior OLB 3halfstars.jpg
Daniel Fortune 5'11" 190 Senior RB 3stars.jpg
Cameron Stephens 5'11" 165 Senior CB 3stars.jpg

These star players would die, be reincarnated and die again during the course of one game against a team like Lowndes. 

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I did dig on Cajon a little. I don't know the team, nor really care, but I can't see how they are ranked that high with 36 players. That's an offense, a defense and 14 bodies on the bench. I doubt all of them are playing, but I guess they could be. They better be against a team like North Gwinnett who they are ranked near or Lowndes who is unranked at all. 

I can't see any reason to over rank them for any agenda either. They play Helix and that is pretty much the only team that I recognize as having been talked on here. Maybe Murrieta Valley and Oak Hills I heard of in some discussion somewhere. Can't quite see why they're up in there. 

They do have a pretty roster though. 

D1 PROSPECTS
Kamron Forest 5-8 170 Junior CB 5stars.jpg
Rodney Robinson 5-8 155 Junior CB 5stars.jpg
Jayden Daniels 6'3" 190 Senior QB 5stars.jpg
Darren Jones 6'8" 185 Senior WR 4halfstars.jpg
Jonathan Perkins 6'1" 205 Senior OLB 3halfstars.jpg
Daniel Fortune 5'11" 190 Senior RB 3stars.jpg
Cameron Stephens 5'11" 165 Senior CB 3stars.jpg

These star players would die, be reincarnated and die again during the course of one game against a team like Lowndes. 

Highlights from the State game last year. Serra (San Mateo) v. Cajon