MaxPreps Preseason top 100

eddiev

13 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

13 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Little late to the party with this blurb.  The Stache had it covered. Lol 

You know how Prep rolls, this here is his side chick. 

It is what it is, brah. 

BGW

• Haha 1

On 7/21/2018 at 2:45 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Rome.... 

Im tellin you... 

If Marietta actually shows up then Rome will get manhandled... 

Rome lost alot on Defense... 

Rome is fine.

You said this same thing about Rome last year. 

They are going to give Marietta all they want.

That said ... Give me Marietta 38-35.

On 7/21/2018 at 2:35 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

My bad. Heard he had returned to DP. Any idea how any pollster could have DP ranked as a Top 20 team in America? 

1 - I don't take pre-season previews seriously.  Much of it is guesswork.  My belief is somebody saw that Roberson is going to Penn State and Hickman to Ohio State.  Perhaps they saw Rustemi and Conti committing or being recruited. 

2 - I compare it to 1998 when Ramapo was ranked in the pre-season Top 10 because Chris Simms and Greg Toal Jr. were returning and they had won a state title the previous year.  What they didn't account for was the number of kids on the previous team who graduated.  1997 was better than 1998 because of the seniors on the 97 team; they had a much better offensive line in 97.  Ramapo lost to Wayne Hills and Hoboken in 98, so things settled in by the end of the year.  

3 - That being said, I think DePaul will be better than some think.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

So many kids playing both ways for 12 weeks straight is always their Achilles. At least SJR is in G4 this season, so DP will pickup another G3 Chip handily. 

Plus I think Joe's may be better this year.  I have DePaul as the favorite in Group 3.  

On 7/21/2018 at 7:44 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

You really think xfers from North Bergen and Monsignor Farrell are difference-makers? 

Sal Mauro transferred to BC from Monsignor Farrell and he worked out well.  The North Bergen transfer may or may not work out well for them.  There are good players at other schools.  They're just on teams that aren't deep or as good.  

I cannot fathom a Top 100.  It's all just dart throwing.  Once you get past 25....(and that's close to the same)...it's all minutia.  A Lime Sink National Poll...might put Grayson in its Top 25...MIGHT.   They have absolute studs on their roster...But no other Georgia team deserves a Top 25 position....AT THIS POINT.

Now...after the first 5 or 6 games in the regular season....you can reassess.  Georgia definitely has some potential...but at this point...it's POTENTIAL.

Cali, Texas and New Jersey should dominate any Top 25...with a tad of Florida, Nevada and Ohio salted in.

Gospel.....

Rufus>>

2 hours ago, PJR said:

2 - I compare it to 1998 when Ramapo was ranked in the pre-season Top 10 because Chris Simms and Greg Toal Jr. were returning and they had won a state title the previous year.  What they didn't account for was the number of kids on the previous team who graduated.  1997 was better than 1998 because of the seniors on the 97 team; they had a much better offensive line in 97.  Ramapo lost to Wayne Hills and Hoboken in 98, so things settled in by the end of the year.  

PJR, I agree with your Ramapo take these years.

Were you covering NJ HS football in the late 90s?

I believe SJR scrimmaged Ramapo in 98 and it got UGLY I heard. Even though BC beatdown SJR in 98.... SJR was excellent that season. They prob mauled Ramapo on the lines that day. 

8 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

I cannot fathom a Top 100.  It's all just dart throwing.  Once you get past 25....(and that's close to the same)...it's all minutia.  A Lime Sink National Poll...might put Grayson in its Top 25...MIGHT.   They have absolute studs on their roster...But no other Georgia team deserves a Top 25 position....AT THIS POINT.

Now...after the first 5 or 6 games in the regular season....you can reassess.  Georgia definitely has some potential...but at this point...it's POTENTIAL.

Cali, Texas and New Jersey should dominate any Top 25...with a tad of Florida, Nevada and Ohio salted in.

Gospel.....

Rufus>>

Agreed that after the Top 20-25 its all dart throwing.  Which is why placing teams on various Tiers is much more relevant.

Ex.  2017 BC was a great Tier 4 Team and won a State Championship vs other Tier 4 Teams.....but they were badly outmanned vs. Tier 1 MD.

Even a Top 5-10 Team (Tier 2) would be outgunned vs. Tier 1 Teams, and would not be competitive in most cases.

Gospel.....

Rufus>>

Rufus my man 

Gospel.....

Rufus>>

Uh... EVERY team in EVERY state is just potential right now. No one has played any games.

7 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

PJR, I agree with your Ramapo take these years.

Were you covering NJ HS football in the late 90s?

I believe SJR scrimmaged Ramapo in 98 and it got UGLY I heard. Even though BC beatdown SJR in 98.... SJR was excellent that season. They prob mauled Ramapo on the lines that day. 

Started a little covering of high school football in 2004 and became serious the following season.  

I was at the Joe's-Ramapo scrimmage in 98 and it was one-sided in the Green Knights favor.  Simms had no time to pass - that's what I remember most.  Can't believe it was 20 years ago.  

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Here’s a question,,, how’s Michigan’s football.... like around Detroit 

they gotta have some athletes 

I like Michigan football more than most people do ... You wont ever have more than 3 Top 100 teams in any single season, but theres some good teams. 

M.L. King (Detroit) , Cass Tech, and Muskegon are the teams I think of when I hear Michigan HSFB. In fact I have Muskegon pretty high in my Top 130. 

I remember watching the 2015 D2 State Title between M.L. King & Lowell ...  A perfect example of athletes against coaching. Lowell was well coached and got out to a big lead, but King came back and actually won on a like a 40 yard Hail Mary with no time left ... Really good game.

Theres 5 teams to watch in Michigan this year ... 

My rankings ... 

34. Muskegon

87. M.L. King

109. De La Salle Collegiate

123. Cass Tech

West Bloomfield is one also. They lost in the D1 State Title 3-2 last year, and bring back a decent amount of starters.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2018 at 8:34 PM, PJR said:

Started a little covering of high school football in 2004 and became serious the following season.  

I was at the Joe's-Ramapo scrimmage in 98 and it was one-sided in the Green Knights favor.  Simms had no time to pass - that's what I remember most.  Can't believe it was 20 years ago.  

i was there as well...one play still stands out...Simms does a naked boot...TE covered ...goes to run out of bounds while getting some good yardage...SJR stud DE Borchers in pursuit via an angle...at last second Simms decides to turn up field...gets absolutely demolished by Borchers....hurts his shoulder on that play which was his last....was like a playoff atmosphere for a scrimmage.....

14 hours ago, SJR89 said:

i was there as well...one play still stands out...Simms does a naked boot...TE covered ...goes to run out of bounds while getting some good yardage...SJR stud DE Borchers in pursuit via an angle...at last second Simms decides to turn up field...gets absolutely demolished by Borchers....hurts his shoulder on that play which was his last....was like a playoff atmosphere for a scrimmage.....

Borchers was a stud .... he got his pitt offer pulled bc he lost weight or something?