PrepGridiron

Corky Kell Tilt  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Marrietta vs. Rome

• Marrietta
    • Rome
    • Folsom by 17!

7 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

OK then will you answer the original  question?  Which of those teams had relevant OOS wins or lost to OOS teams?

Colquitt had relevant wins over Hoover and Plant in 2014 and 15 respectively and Norcross that loss to BookerT. 

The rest I don't think had "relevant" wins although Camden may have notched at least one during one of their championship seasons. I think they did in Miami Central one of their years as champ. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, On2whls said:

Yes, go back to 2006 and compare. CA 7 teams have won the title, GA 8.  

You really can't compare the two because of the numerous classifications we have. Also, our highest classification isn't like yours....meaning that there are usually more than 4 teams who are in title contention. 

Sammy....Colquitt doesn't travel OOS very often.  We normally host OOS teams in the Hawg Pen.  We've traveled to Hoover (loss) and we've traveled to Enterprise AL (win).  That's the two I'm aware of since Rush came on board.

We've hosted teams from Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Virginia and California.  We host Trinity Catholic from Missouri this season.

But please keep in mind that I know nothing...NOTHING...about Georgia High School Football.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Sammy....Colquitt doesn't travel OOS very often.  We normally host OOS teams in the Hawg Pen.  We've traveled to Hoover (loss) and we've traveled to Enterprise AL (win).  That's the two I'm aware of since Rush came on board.

We've hosted teams from Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Virginia and California.  We host Trinity Catholic from Missouri this season.

But please keep in mind that I know nothing...NOTHING...about Georgia High School Football.

Rufus>>

@Sammyswordsman do you think it’s fair to only play teams at ur stadium and not  have to travel 

that gives them   Home field advantage every time and that’s not fair

Over rated in my eyes but that’s just me

and When ur Big OOS win is over Enterprise Car 🚗 Rental Dealership , You know something is not right 

7 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

@Sammyswordsman do you think it’s fair to only play teams at ur stadium and not  have to travel 

that gives them   Home field advantage every time and that’s not fair

Over rated in my eyes but that’s just me

and When ur Big OOS win is over Enterprise Car 🚗 Rental Dealership , You know something is not right 

Of course if the other teams agree to a one game stint in Georgia, it's fair.  However that scenario also negates anyone connected to the program that never travels, to have a the high road in  commenting about losses by other teams that do travel.

10 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Of course if the other teams agree to a one game stint in Georgia, it's fair.  However that scenario also negates anyone connected to the program that never travels, to have a the high road in  commenting about losses by other teams that do travel.

Sammy...I suppose that excludes me.  I mean...I don't care about what other teams do or whether they travel.  My team is Colquitt County.  I have season tickets although I live 195 miles (one way) from Moultrie.  I travel to their away games (headed to the Benz in the ATL for this weekend).  I don't understand all this worrying about other teams.  

Rush said...let there be high school football.  There was high school football.  And it's good about 90% of the time.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Sammy...I suppose that excludes me.  I mean...I don't care about what other teams do or whether they travel.  My team is Colquitt County.  I have season tickets although I live 195 miles (one way) from Moultrie.  I travel to their away games (headed to the Benz in the ATL for this weekend).  I don't understand all this worrying about other teams.  

Rush said...let there be high school football.  There was high school football.  And it's good about 90% of the time.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

God luv ya Rufus.  Your a purist.  Loyal to the end.  Keep us posted (no fake news) on the Packers this season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Colquitt had relevant wins over Hoover and Plant in 2014 and 15 respectively and Norcross that loss to BookerT. 

The rest I don't think had "relevant" wins although Camden may have notched at least one during one of their championship seasons. I think they did in Miami Central one of their years as champ.

I beg your pardon!  Grayson cleaned the stadium with Miami Central at Grayson.  We beat both the top classification and next one down Alabama champs two years ago, one at Hoover and one at home.  We beat Hoover again last year at Grayson.  We beat John Curtis in Shreveport last year.  They've been a relevant team in LA for years. We lost to IMG two years ago. We've beaten other OOS teams that may or may not have been relevant at the time.  I'd say we've played relevant games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fred said:

I beg your pardon!  Grayson cleaned the stadium with Miami Central at Grayson.  We beat both the top classification and next one down Alabama champs two years ago, one at Hoover and one at home.  We beat Hoover again last year at Grayson.  We beat John Curtis in Shreveport last year.  They've been a relevant team in LA for years. We lost to IMG two years ago. We've beaten other OOS teams that may or may not have been relevant at the time.  I'd say we've played relevant games.

The only relevant games Grayson plays is against Colquitt.

And I read on the Georgia boards....y'all scairt of us.

So there's that.......

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

The only relevant games Grayson plays is against Colquitt.

And I read on the Georgia boards....y'all scairt of us.

So there's that.......

Rufus>>

And we all know everything on GASVS is 100% true.  I'll be sure to bring some Depends to the game since I'm sure there will be plenty of us Ram fans that will need them.  😉

Just now, Fred said:

And we all know everything on GASVS is 100% true.  I'll be sure to bring some Depends to the game since I'm sure there will be plenty of us Ram fans that will need them.  😉

HEY !!!!!

We'll need the Depends on the visitor's side......due to all the margaritas.

I don't like missing the game due to bodily functions....(Smile).

Rufus>>

28 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

(Smile)

Rufus>>

Rush also said Trinity Catholic is a National powerhouse lmao #CantBullshitaBullShitter

36 minutes ago, Fred said:

In championship years? I thought that was the question is how many of those championship teams played relevant oos games in their championship years. 

20 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Rush also said Trinity Catholic is a National powerhouse lmao #CantBullshitaBullShitter

He didn't call them a powerhouse. Stop putting words in his mouth.

He called them a national type team. A ranked team that is playing several relevant teams this season.

Truth.

27 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

In championship years? I thought that was the question is how many of those championship teams played relevant oos games in their championship years.

2016 was a championship year for us and we played IMG (L), Hoover (W) they won state in top class in AL, Ramsey (W) they won state in second from top in AL, Deerfield Beach (W) don't know what they did in FL but they were *supposed* to be good.

• Like 1