Why was DLS vs Folsom ever in doubt?

Rcmore

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

But you agree that DLS is ranked appropriately at #9 I'm sure...

#9 feels a bit high to me

if they beat BG top 10 will be warranted but they’re fairly underdogs at this point 

I’ve never argued with a comp poll and they’re about #15 there 

3 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

As are undefeated seasons and top 20 rankings when challenged by relevant  opponents.

Relevant opponents meaning a program that's typically in the top 1% of all high schools in the country i.e. the elite of the elite. How dare lil public Folsom bow to a team like that!

Remind me again what Centennial-Corona's record is against DLS? They're the very best public program in CA, so I imagine it must be a pretty stellar record. 1-4? No way!

Surely the mighty private school Trinity League minus top 1%'ers SJB and MD have fared better than Folsom's 0-3 record with an average defeat of 36-10, right? Oh, wait -- nope. 0-6. With an average defeat of 41-14. And Servite's taken 5 of those L's.

How on earth was mightly Mater Dei 0-4 all-time until finally breaking through with their once in a generation team last December?

A deeper look has only SJB owning Sparty at 2-0.

The entire Trinity + Centennial = 4-14. All-time. 2 of the wins by generational teams from the best private league in CA.

How can that be?

Now I'm starting to understand your hatred of Folsom more clearly. Because it appears Folsom could fit into the Trinity and be a distant 3rd place team just like the rest. The SS sure is hiding behind the elite status of 3 teams. And only 1 of those 3 has separated themselves against DLS.

Me thinks Folsom isn't as bad as you like to believe. That, and the Trinity minus SJB and MD aren't near as good as you like to believe. Guess all the non-stop humor is just thinly veiled anxiety after all. 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThunderRam said:

Relevant opponents meaning a program that's typically in the top 1% of all high schools in the country i.e. the elite of the elite. How dare lil public Folsom bow to a team like that!

Remind me again what Centennial-Corona's record is against DLS? They're the very best public program in CA, so I imagine it must be a pretty stellar record. 1-4? No way!

Surely the mighty private school Trinity League minus top 1%'ers SJB and MD have fared better than Folsom's 0-3 record with an average defeat of 36-10, right? Oh, wait -- nope. 0-6. With an average defeat of 41-14. And Servite's taken 5 of those L's.

How on earth was mightly Mater Dei 0-4 all-time until finally breaking through with their once in a generation team last December?

The entire Trinity + Centennial = 4-14. All-time. 2 of the wins by generational teams from the best private league in CA.

How can that be?

Now I'm starting to understand your hatred of Folsom more clearly. Because it appears Folsom could fit into the Trinity and be a distant 3rd place team just like the rest. The SS sure is hiding behind the elite status of 3 teams. And only 1 of those 3 has separated themselves against DLS.

Me thinks Folsom isn't as bad as you like to believe. That, and the Trinity minus SJB and MD aren't near as good as you like to believe. Guess all the non-stop humor is just thinly veiled anxiety after all. 😁

I guess public school Canyon Country from the SS owns DLS with a 1-0 all time record against them. 

3 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

How can that be?

81550BE7-3E41-4F14-9024-6921FC291A4C.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

How can that be?

Lol Sammy about to be triggered!

#TrinityLeagueSlapDicks

On 8/20/2018 at 8:30 PM, Pops said:

This offense probably has as many playmakers as most for DLS and two Spartan alumni were playmakers for your Atlanta Falcons the last couple of years -- how many CQ guys are on the Falcons?

Given many people's opinions of the Falcons I'm not so sure I'd be proud of making that claim.

On 8/20/2018 at 10:03 PM, Blueliner said:

Totally agree with this, Hawg👍. When he stood in there on that 4th and 6, threw the rock before the receiver was even open  and nailed that pass for 17 yards with the game still in doubt...was huge. The team loves this kid. He’ll onlybget better. Coach A has already said the playbook will be opened up with Hale. I think we can all agree that will be coming because we certainly didn’t see it the other night. 

I had it streaming in another window so I wasn't watching every play but there was one I went back and watched several times.  He faked a hand off to his right, continued to spin to the right and thew the long pass all in one motion.  As a lefty, it was a thing of beauty to see him turn, pick up the receiver, and throw all in one motion.  He had maybe a second to pick up the receiver all while dealing with the rushing linemen.

• Like 4

On 8/20/2018 at 10:27 PM, PrepGridiron said:

I will say I caught a little of the folsomtv broadcast. The angle did make the teams look smaller and less exciting than our view at the top of the stands. 

From what I saw you weren't a whole lot higher up.  #incrediblysmallstadium

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

How can that be?

Folsom's biggest win was vs Gardena Serra in a bowl game. Ever since moving up to D1, Gardena Serra hasn't even come close to a bowl game. That would be Folsom's fate also if thrown into the pac1 playoffs.

30 minutes ago, TownBiz24 said:

I actually agreed with you about the fumble and that's what I get? Hahaha!!! Weeks and weeks and weeks of shit talking about all your 5 star players and all your starbucks runs with Saban, Harbaugh and Dabo and this is what your guys deliver? ZERO points? @FolsomPrisonBluesYou are a clown!!!

Screenshot_20180821-112834_YouTube.jpg

Go read your post. You said it wasn't a fumble. so much for a running clock!

Only an idioy gloats about a 14-0 score in which they could have very well lost. Just shows how nuch ot a clown you are. 

Idiot.

On 8/20/2018 at 2:44 PM, zulu1128 said:

It was never in doubt. 

Imo it was very much in doubt.  I wasn't comfortable until 2 min left in game.  

DLS defense was outstanding, esp the DB's and safety.  

DLS offense has a lot of work to do.  A lot.  They will improve but they have a ceiling that is not as high as in years past.  The qb play will greatly improve but not enough to beat the SoCal all star teams.

Folsom moved the ball better and their D line played better imo.  

Was also a little disappointed in some of the play calling for DLS.  But there probably good reasons for it that I'm not aware of.  

Basically a couple of plays go different and it's a different game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Do you ever stop and ask yourself why Georgia teams are mocked constantly?

They mostly get mocked by people that have no direct knowledge of the teams or by people that have an agenda to try and forward.  People that watch them play and are honest about it don't mock them.  They may not like them but they don't mock them.

Here's my take.  As I've said in the past I really don't normally pay a whole lot of attention to teams other than those we play or are close to us because I just don't have the time or energy.  I watched this one on and off and was rooting for DLS mostly because of Folsom's being a tool for 8 months.

For two supposedly very highly ranked teams, neither appeared to play very well.  I've seen a lot of "first game issues" comments and yet many of those same commentators ragged on Grayson when we lost to IMG in our first game.  Irrespective of that, it was really hard for me to believe these two teams are as good as they are supposed to be.  Too many turnovers, penalties, dropped balls, you name it.  After reading for years about the qualities of the top ranked teams, this was a disappointment.

Folsom moved the ball probably better but they couldn't seem to score.  Folsom supporters can claim superiority based on this but the reality is time of possession, yards gained, passes caught, etc., aren't how we decide the game.  The game is decided based on the final score.  By that measure DLS won and did well.  Folsom lost and did not do well.  Both teams had moments of excellence and both teams had moments of "really?" 

I don't buy into all of the daisy chaining that goes on to claim one team is better/will beat another and this game is a perfect example why.  I saw two teams play that based on their performance Friday night are pedestrian at best.  I've seen teams already this year in GA that *I* think could have beat either one but we will never know because they didn't play each other last week.  I think every game is unique and even when teams play the same opponents weeks apart it is difficult to compare because of all of the variables week to week.  I know we all enjoy claiming superiority and have fun tracking this team as compared to that team.  I get both teams fan base supporting their team.  I just don't think I saw anything to support all of these lofty claims.

Just my $.02 and your mileage will differ.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fred said:

Here's my take.  As I've said in the past I really don't normally pay a whole lot of attention to teams other than those we play or are close to us because I just don't have the time or energy.  I watched this one on and off and was rooting for DLS mostly because of Folsom's being a tool for 8 months.

For two supposedly very highly ranked teams, neither appeared to play very well.  I've seen a lot of "first game issues" comments and yet many of those same commentators ragged on Grayson when we lost to IMG in our first game.  Irrespective of that, it was really hard for me to believe these two teams are as good as they are supposed to be.  To many turnovers, penalties, dropped balls, you name it.  After reading for years about the qualities of the top ranked teams, this was a disappointment.

Folsom moved the ball probably better but they couldn't seem to score.  Folsom supporters can claim superiority based on this but the reality is time of possession, yards gained, passes caught, etc., aren't how we decide the game.  The game is decided based on the final score.  By that measure DLS won and did well.  Folsom lost and did not do well.  Both teams had moments of excellence and both teams had moments of "really?" 

I don't buy into all of the daisy chaining that goes on to claim one team is better/will beat another and this game is a perfect example why.  I saw two teams play that based on their performance Friday night are pedestrian at best.  I've seen teams already this year in GA that *I* think could have beat either one but we will never know because they didn't play each other last week.  I think every game is unique and even when teams play the same opponents weeks apart it is difficult to compare because of all of the variables week to week.  I know we all enjoy claiming superiority and have fun tracking this team as compared to that team.  I get both teams fan base supporting their team.  I just don't think I saw anything to support all of these lofty claims.

Just my $.02 and your mileage will differ.

This is actually a great assessment.