(3) Mater Dei defeats (1) IMG 28-24

ATLien12x

I'm from Texas and it's my opinion there isn't a team in Texas that could compete with either of these teams.  I believe this goes to IMG if played in Florida.  Very evenly matched teams here.  Congrats to Mater Dei and California's going out party against IMG.   

Just now, Coletrain06 said:

Why the F didn't IMG run the ball on 4th and 2? Clock stops on 1st down + they had 2 TO's left? They were picking up 6-7 yds a carry

Yeah idk that entire last drive was awful. They threw a seven yard route with 1:08 left needing 80 yards lmao and then casually took 20 seconds off the clock setting up a second down that you thought MAAAAAY have been discussed during the media timeout prior. (But guess not)

• Like 1

Just now, ATLien12x said:

Yeah idk that entire last drive was awful. They threw a seven yard route with 1:08 left needing 80 yards lmao and then casually took 20 seconds off the clock setting up a second down that you thought MAAAAAY have been discussed during the media timeout prior. (But guess not)

They had a better chance of breaking a run for a TD than throwing up field. 

4 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Good win for MD.   I hope SJB whoops em though.   I'm sour about those ejections.   Feel bad for those two kids.   

The IMG folk who have some sort of radio sports talk show that were broadcasting the youtube feed, did not object to the ejections like some on here. The dude said the one where he grabbed the flask mask and slammed him way out of bounds was deserved. Any who. Mods, get to work with the excuse thread. Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, State Champ said:

BULLSHIT...

Perhaps, but I did say it was only my opinion.  I don't know of a single team in Texas that has even 20 D1 recruits, much less 21 to 24 three to five star recruits.   It's said that North Shore may have 23 by the end of this year, but that remains to be seen.

IMG and MD won't be able to play next year. California passed some regulations that if you don't play for a state title, then their teams can't play you. I believe IMG is a member of the FHSAA but not like a St. Thomas Aquinas. They could decide to do that, but then they will have to be in district play and all the local teams like Venice, Manatee, Lakeland, Southeast etc will complain. 

• Thanks 1