OT-Savants and Geniuses

AztecPadre

11 minutes ago, noonereal said:

how could it not be?

Think about it. ;)

Don't feel bad, at one time Stephen Hawking believed information was lost on the event horizon.

I still recall screaming at my TV when he told me this, that hew was wrong. Guess what he latter recanted and admitted his mistake. 

Exactly matter is neither created nor destroyed, it simply changes in composition.   When something dies it's molecules continue on etc.   Biological complex forms are unique in that they oppose the law of Entropy.   A mistake that eventually gets fixed haha.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Lol.  I hear ya but Im trying to follow your path to get it your line of thought.  Dont answer a question with a question.

It's often the best way to answer.

I am very serious, think about the simple question I posed. 

Think about your birth and your death. You did not come from nothing and when you die, you do leave. Your body simply stops functioning and slowly decay's . Decay is matter changing, if you will.  

• Like 1

I posted a link the other day for NOR about psychonics, which is basically learning to harness the abilities that we already have in our minds. Some of it seems far fetched, but I utilize some stuff I learned from that study every day. Simple stuff like how to easier access my memory so as to easily file away and remember lot's of things that usually people forget. Some of it is simple stuff and some super technical stuff. 

Interesting topic. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I posted a link the other day for NOR about psychonics, which is basically learning to harness the abilities that we already have in our minds. Some of it seems far fetched, but I utilize some stuff I learned from that study every day. Simple stuff like how to easier access my memory so as to easily file away and remember lot's of things that usually people forget. Some of it is simple stuff and some super technical stuff. 

Interesting topic. 

As always, I am out of likes.ill never understand why they are rationed here.

4 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Speaking about non trump supporters, I started remembering the movie Phenomenon with John Travolta and how he became a savant like genius but without being autistic.  Savants for whatever reason can unlock certain parts of their brains that allows them to do extraordinary things like being able to listen to a song once and without any piano training be able to play every note perfectly of the song they just heard.  Or Orlando Serrell who was 10 when he was hit with a baseball in the head and a month later was able to do ridiculous math calculations in his head.  How crazy mysterious is the human brain?  Don't suppose we have some brain surgeons in here? Lol.

Kinda like a community organizer who never lived in the USA, except during download in Havaii! And who Knows absolutely NOTHING about life or history in America! Yet becomes the supposed greatest pres of all time!

12 hours ago, noonereal said:

there is no such thing as creation, what was before our universe is still here, it always was and always will be

Birth and death have created an illusion that things have a beginning and end, They do not. Instead they are damned to change. 

SOMETHING had to create everything...  the matter & space surrounding us did not just always exist. It began in some way... there HAS to be a beginning. It has nothing to do with us having a beginning and end, its the fact everything comes from something.

Yes, yes, matter and energy constant. Where did the matter come from to start with?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Interesting topic. 

Post a link for ECHS?

12 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Interesting topic. 

Please post the link again.

52 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

SOMETHING had to create everything...  the matter & space surrounding us did not just always exist. It began in some way... there HAS to be a beginning. It has nothing to do with us having a beginning and end, its the fact everything comes from something.

Yes, yes, matter and energy constant. Where did the matter come from to start with?

why did something have to create matter and space?

It's a limitation on your thinking (human thinking/perceptions) that makes you insist that there had to be a beginning.

I am serious, I want you to try and answer. You;ll find you won't be able to.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Please post the link again.

good stuff

but

My thought as to improving/accessing my memory? 

I would not put in the effort as we live in the infornmation age.

We are much freer to maximize our minds reasoning abilities rather than making oneself a library of knowledge. 

Existing knowledge is soooooo accessible. Let's use out brains to create.  

I find this a big problem in out academic approaches. We prefer people who have digested and retained much fact over people who can reason. 

I respect others that disagree.  Obviously you have read enough of my posts to know I think much different than most. O.o

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

good stuff

but

My thought as to improving/accessing my memory? 

I would not put in the effort as we live in the infornmation age.

We are much freer to maximize our minds reasoning abilities rather than making oneself a library of knowledge. 

Existing knowledge is soooooo accessible. Let's use out brains to create.  

I find this a big problem in out academic approaches. We prefer people who have digested and retained much fact over people who can reason. 

I respect others that disagree.  Obviously you have read enough of my posts to know I think much different than most. O.o

For the most part we tend to think alike. The more topics you comment on the more i realize how much we have in common. With that said id still like to work on my memory being that it's a useful skill in my career. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, noonereal said:

why did something have to create matter and space?

It's a limitation on your thinking (human thinking/perceptions) that makes you insist that there had to be a beginning.

I am serious, I want you to try and answer. You;ll find you won't be able to.  

Im not saying a "God" created all matter. But something had to. Im also not necessarily saying time had a beginning, but matter did. There is an explanation to the development of matter. 

Saying its just been there infinitely forever doesnt make sense. Space is expanding outward, which tells it had a beginning/starting point. Everything else had to as well, whatever it may have been.

I'm afraid the book isn't free, but you can find copies available for 68 bucks as it is now a collectors item. A lot of people rate it as garbage, which a good portion of it may be, but parts like the memory filing system etc. do work for me. The ideas presented by Walter Delaney are based from the belief that everything starts with an atom. We know that to be true even to smaller components now. Well back to Delaney, he said that if every thing starts with an atom, so does thought, which he then labeled as psycho-atoms. Idk. Seems out there to me, but he claimed with enough practice, we could focus an invisible beam of these thoughts and charge certain things, maybe even move solid objects. 

Personally I read it when foraging for religious and occult materials several years back. I discounted a lot of it as silly, but there was a chapter in there on memory and how to create a sort of filing cabinet for your mind that over time would be accessible without effort. If the brain is like a circuit board, then we only need to learn how to make connections of certain circuits in order to do different things. We were taught to walk, so our brain made these circuits and now we don't need to think about how, we just go and do it. Same goes with so many things we do automatically. The problem as an adult is, most of us have long left this basic skills learning behind, and there have been all of these road blocks installed in our minds by others. Things like religion, parents, books and teachers have more or less limited our thoughts to more mainstream stuff which also became learned behavior and closed circuits we may be able to still learn to connect with much practice. 

If you do buy it, go in with an open mind and maybe you can find parts of it helpful to you as well. 

https://books.google.com/books?id=HOVzhWOINVIC&source=gbs_book_other_versions

My copy is not for sale.

• Like 1