They don’t recruit they attract

Ararar

15 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

JSerra coming in hot with 13 transfers this season but Folsom gets 3 and causes an uproar 🍵 

Looks like SJB swooped Servite’s best players too. Drop them to tier 2 Sammy. 

It was, “Folsom doesn’t have transfers”. Now it’s this only 3 nonsense. Every other team in the Sac area sucks anyways. Folsom has never beat anyone anyways. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

It was, “Folsom doesn’t have transfers”. Now it’s this only 3 nonsense. Every other team in the Sac area sucks anyways. Folsom has never beat anyone anyways. 

DLS will be young, but still good next year nonetheless. I can’t wait for Sparty roll into Folsom and take care of business on Folsom’s lame ass blue field. Then I can just Uber home😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

43 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

You’re referring to Block. I always said they get a couple. But 13?! That’s SJB/MD numbers. 

It’s the trinity league kids move from one Private to the other every year.Everyone complains about MD and SJB but they lose quality kids every year to other Trinity schools 🏫 

1 hour ago, Bestcoast said:

I’m calling it now

DLS by 17+ 

The QB will be another year older and experienced. This kid is good. And DLS will be ripe with skill position players.  BUT....they will lose 9 of 11 on defense. I see the DBs being fine, with their depth, but they lose all but 1 of that front 7. That said, the coaches are pretty excited about what’s returning and what’s moving up from JV. The freshman kid playing RB on JV will be a game changer for DLS @ 6-1 170  lbsISH and owning JV. I say he’s a legit D1 consideration at this point. Just what Sparty needs to compliment Hale, Garrett, and Norfleet in the backfield.  

I agree. DLS byb14-17 next year. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ararar said:

It’s the trinity league kids move from one Private to the other every year.Everyone complains about MD and SJB but they lose quality kids every year to other Trinity schools 🏫 

MD lost about 9 Kids last year and took in 11 So they are only +2 still behind Folsom’s +3 transfer train 🚂 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Ararar said:

Game of the year in SoCal 

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/la-sp-high-schools-sondheimer-20181007-story.html

How did we get to this point?

To answer that question, you have to remember the comment of former Santa Fe Springs St. Paul coach Elijah Asante, who said in 2012, “I absolutely don’t recruit. I attract. 

Elijah Asante , in his 1st season at St Paul was fired after going 1 - 5. He was replaced mid season.

Marijon Ancich would be the only one who could say that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ararar said:

Game of the year in SoCal 

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/la-sp-high-schools-sondheimer-20181007-story.html

How did we get to this point?

To answer that question, you have to remember the comment of former Santa Fe Springs St. Paul coach Elijah Asante, who said in 2012, “I absolutely don’t recruit. I attract.

Theirs an old saying down here... And it goes a little something like this... 

BULLSHIT!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If a Socal baller's local high school stinks and he's not good enough to start at any the top Trinity programs, MV is a very desirable destination. 

Their last two QBs who both went to Power 5 schools were Trinity League back ups. 

Granted McDonald left MD after he lost his starting job due to injury to JT. Then JT just took over. 

And Yellen left Bosco after DJ took his spot. So it's not like these are guys who couldn't start at every 99% of other schools.

MV despite it's Future Famers program does have a lot of homegrown talent too. Hell, San Clam has a QB committed to Okie State who also was a Trinity reject and lost the QB battle to Yellen. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Exocet 98 said:

" Offensive coordinator Chad Johnson’s spread offense became so effective that it was eventually embraced by almost every team in the Trinity League, including Mater Dei. "

Now the HC at Mission Viejo after Bob Johnson retired. Wins over Trinity League SM and OLu this season.

False.  Servite was running the spread in 2010.  Well before Mater Dei and SJB.

Los Al and Hart perfected the spread in the mid 90's.  Even Crespi was running it in the 90's.

7 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

MD version with Leinart was more like a 7 on 7 passing look, than a true spread with the zone reads and QB run threat.

Just putting the QB in a shotgun does not make it  a spread

I called it the run and gun spread for a reason...that’s what we called it.