They don’t recruit they attract

Ararar

7 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

MV will be the #4 seed which is what they have earned on the field, assuming they finish out and win their league.

The biggest indicator of seeding has been the weekly CIF coaches poll. Oaks Christian has been in the #4 position in that poll since August, so I would be pretty surprised if MV ends up with the #4 seed.

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

How does seeding work out there again?

From the CIFSS Playoff Handbook:

PLAYOFF PAIRING FORMAT

How in the world did I ever draw them for the opening round of the playoffs? With that introduction, let’s take an in-depth look at the protocol utilized by the CIF Southern Section Office in the development of post season playoff pairings. The initial step is to designate four teams (maximum) as seeds, with No. 1 and No. 4 placed in the top bracket and No. 2 and No. 3 in the bottom bracket. An exception to this procedure would be if seeds in the same half of the bracket are from the same league.

Is it possible to designate more than four seeds?

The task would be virtually impossible on two counts. Attempting to delineate which team is the No. 7 seed, as opposed to No. 8 or No. 12 rather than No. 13 would result in 25 different answers by 25 different people. Additionally, an attempt at a true seed would be in opposition to the CIF-SS Constitution and By-Laws, which specify a league’s designated No. 1 entry, shall meet a No. 3 entry and a No. 2 shall meet another No. 2 where the draw provides for same in the opening round.

FILLING THAT DRAW

The next stop is to fill the bracket draw and a simple guideline provides the ground rules for same. Assuming for the moment the top four seeds are all No. 1 teams, the procedure calls for the No. 2 teams from each of these leagues to be placed in the opposite half of the bracket.

Consider there are five leagues assigned to this particular bracket, it now becomes necessary to place the only league not represented thus far, League D. The No. 1 designee is placed in either half of the bracket, with League D #2 in the opposite half.

The final step is to place the No. 3 teams from each of the respective leagues in the open slots, attempting to place each in one of the remaining A quarters of the bracket where the league is not represented. This process eliminates the aspect of schools from the same league meeting in the second round of competition. An exception to this procedure occurs where geography does not permit wide placement. The Office then follows the directive of the CIF Southern Section Council from its meeting on March 13, 1980, which directs schools be placed in the same half and if necessary, quarter of the bracket to curtail excessive travel. Another factor utilized by the Office when formulating initial pairings is to review the playoff bracket for the previous years in an effort not to match identical teams which may have been paired the previous year or two years back. This would not preclude two leagues being matched in consecutive years, but with two different representative schools.

The problem is that this was written prior to the realignment of the playoff divisions, so you no longer have the clean scenario of 5 #1s, 5 #2s, 5 #3s and some at-large teams. For example, this year D1 has 9 leagues represented so you potentially (and likely) have 9 #1 teams which would lead to at least one #1 vs #1 matchup in the first round. This year's handbook hasn't been released yet, but I'm assuming nothing has changed since last year.

13 hours ago, Blueliner said:

You’re right. I probably shouldn’t be predicting a DLS next year when THIS year isn’t even over yet. I’m sure Folsom will be good again next year.

If their line is going to be better, and they’ve got Badger and Ngata returning with this jr Qb, they NEED to play a legit schedule. In addition to DLS, they need to play Pitt, a Fresno team, and a REAL SS team that has players returning. Cen10 or a Trinity League team. It’s okay to lose! Challenge your program...and give into Prepgridiron pressure!!🤣

Good Post!...Folsom Should be favored next year against DLS since they are playing at home and have all that talent returning. DLS loses almost all their defense and o-line, they will be rebuilding, fortunately they will have some great skill position players returning! Good conversation for next year for-sure!

As far as Folsom scheduling anyone relevant other then DLS, that is laughable. All that classless program cares about is running up the score on weak teams and setting meaningless records for their over-matched QB's who have proven to be terrible against real competition.

I find it hilarious that their league wants them out. Just like when DLS blew their doors off 2 years in a row, Folsom's fans, coaches and administration cried their way out of playing DLS because DLS were big mean bullies and Folsom wanted to throw parades. "The Folsom Rule"

Actually I could see them reaching out to a team like Servite (No offense to anyone, I like Servite!), who is mostly all sophomores this year. They are right up Folsom's alley! If they win, they can claim they beat a top ten OC team and a trinity league team!  If they lose, Servite is a Private So Cal transfer train school that has all the advantages.

Richardson defiantly picks up the phone if they call! I mean Folsom went to so cal and slayed a giant 5 loss team that may not even win a league game! They are ready for the big boys now!...😂😂😂

32 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

The biggest indicator of seeding has been the weekly CIF coaches poll. Oaks Christian has been in the #4 position in that poll since August, so I would be pretty surprised if MV ends up with the #4 seed.

Good Point! That is tough for MV, I would say they have a better resume then Oaks.... I have seen Oaks play twice and to me they are not very impressive, defiantly not the #4 seed in D1.

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

I would think you are correct. If forfeits counted against a teams playoff seeding, then if MD beats SJB, that would put Cen10 in the drivers seat for the #1 seed in D1... Obviously not going to happen, but would be awesome!... MV will be the #4 seed which is what they have earned on the field, assuming they finish out and win their league.

Those seeds will never happen because the CIF won’t put the first and second place teams (MD and SJB) in a league on the same side of the playoff bracket 

So if  Cen10 gets the #1 seed then Trinity #2 gets the #4 seed 

48 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

It doesn’t matter where centennial is seeded, the CIF always gives them the biggest challenge...and I’m ok with that.

you all are going to be surprised this year!

That’s the spirit!

I for one would like to see the coin they use to determine home team after round 1.  We know it’s not a Centennial coin, cuz Cen10 has no coin.

On 10/9/2018 at 2:57 PM, On2whls said:

That’s the spirit!

I for one would like to see the coin they use to determine home team after round 1.  We know it’s not a Centennial coin, cuz Cen10 has no coin.

MD was #1 ranked team in the nation last year and only played one “Home” playoff game last year. And that was at OCC since Santa Ana High had first dibs on the Bowl last year. 😕

On 10/9/2018 at 12:34 AM, ThunderRam said:

Anything coming from you doesn't provide much support. Always just a lot of blathering hot air.

I think you'll find most metro cities don't have more than 1, maybe two Nationally elite programs. Doesn't mean they're bad.

FU and your NoCal BS. NoCal peeps are soft just like there HSFB teams.

All NoCal fools do is complain about SoCal recruited up teams

Good Freaking grief

On 10/8/2018 at 5:44 PM, NotBigdaddybloom said:

For MV and Folsom to be legitimized, they need to add the Huskies to their schedule. Sponge Bob played every low D1, higher D2 teams in SoCal, but never the evil empire! Centennial always has openings in their schedule...

The Sponge D 2 Mission Viejo has in the past defeated D1 Mater Dei 5 straight years, D1 DLS NorCal Champs 2 years in a row. DBP in overtime. Mission Viejo has a winning record against D1 LBP, including when they won the DI CIF Championship against LosAl, who Mission Viejo also defeated. MV is the only SS team to go on the road, in the rain and get a shut out win in the SBG. Mission Viejo plays anbody.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Exocet 98 said:

The Sponge D 2 Mission Viejo has in the past defeated D1 Mater Dei 5 straight years, D1 DLS NorCal Champs 2 years in a row. DBP in overtime. Mission Viejo has a winning record against D1 LBP, including when they won the DI CIF Championship against LosAl, who Mission Viejo also defeated. MV is the only SS team to go on the road, in the rain and get a shut out win in the SBG. Mission Viejo plays anbody.

Sponge Bob said he won't schedule teams like Cen10 since they might meet in the playoffs. He tried to avoid playing teams twice. That 2004 team was his best ever. They waxed both D1 Finalists by 40 + points in their only losses of the regular season. Mission doesn't duck anybody unlike Folsom.

It's kind of sad, the El Toro admin doesn't want to compete at football. They had a really good HC in Rob Firth a few years back that actually brought them back to a competitive level and back into the old Pac 5. ET and MV used to have a special rivalry that started since ET opened up on that campus of MV in the 70s. MV students went to school in the morning and ET in the afternoon.

15 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

It's kind of sad, the El Toro admin doesn't want to compete at football. They had a really good HC in Rob Firth a few years back that actually brought them back to a competitive level and back into the old Pac 5. ET and MV used to have a special rivalry that started since ET opened up on that campus of MV in the 70s. MV students went to school in the morning and ET in the afternoon.

The 70  -  0  Mission Viejo win was a disater on local levels.

40 minutes ago, Exocet 98 said:

My comment stands as written.