What up Texas?

DevilDog

5 hours ago, Texasball said:

Max Preps is so off base - the site is only worth looking at schedules and history of results.

This game will not be close.  Duncanville will win by 40 or more.

They had Dunne #2 in Texas to start the year.  They are not even the 2nd best team I've seen.  Only East Utah, Liberty Christian and Skyline would I bet in them beating.  T.C. Cedar Hill, Melissa, Allen, Dville and Desoto all better.

Best QB Shedeur Sanders T.C. Cedar Hill big kid gun for an arm.

Best RB Jabray Young Melissa.  Sean Payton you can go on the road with that kid.

Best Defense: Allen

Best Team: Allen A Beast of a Team

Best Performance: Dville. Fast and aggressive

Slowest Team: East Utah big disappointment.  Big Team with a bunch of kids and it means nothing

Best WR: KID from Allen: Wease

Best Trio; Allen QB, RB, WR. Melissa not as far behind as one might think with their trio  You could interchange and Allen would still be a Beast.  

Swag:  Dunne

Biggest disappontment: Desoto offense vs. Dunne.  Defense looked good in that one.

Best Game: T.C. Cedar Hill vs.Melissa

Best experience: Skyline vs Dville.  Where else can you jam to a band and see people eating Red Hot Links off the grill at a HS game and only 2 Nachos in sight.  Sunny South Dallas 😎 and student body of old white people and young blacks amd Mexicans.  Skyline crazy Alumni.  They are loud and proud

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Max Preps is so off base - the site is only worth looking at schedules and history of results.

This game will not be close.  Duncanville will win by 40 or more.

Not even good for that. They have us losing to Conroe in 2004 i think in a shootout. We blew them out that year and our only lost that season was to SLC in the semis 

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Larry Centers Heckuva player in the day.

What yall don't know, is Larry Centers was a Longview Lobo before he was a Tatum Eagle. Only year he played for Tatum was his SR year. 

His brother Donnie (who was actually the best Centers' coming out of HS) spent his entire career at Longview before going on to Arkansas.

Just thought I'd let yall know a little sumn. lol

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You see that's as a gift?  I think it may be a slight curse, they don't get challenged at all, so improvement is hard to measure.

Well - You know what I was meaning.  They can sleep walk into the playoffs...It might hurt them come playoffs when they have to perform at high level multiple weeks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WulfTangClan said:

What yall don't know, is Larry Centers was a Longview Lobo before he was a Tatum Eagle. Only year he played for Tatum was his SR year. 

His brother Donnie (who was actually the best Centers' coming out of HS) spent his entire career at Longview before going on to Arkansas.

Just thought I'd let yall know a little sumn. lol

i did know that and I started to talk about Donnie earlier as well.  Some have said he moved from Longview due to playing time.  It depends on who you talk with.

Once at SFA - I saw Larry palm basketballs in each hand stand flat footed under basketball goal - Jump and dunk both balls.

17 hours ago, Texasball said:

What have you seen from him not to believe in his coaching?  

Plenty, plenty. Dude actually may be the worst coach in 11-6A actually if Overton at Horn isnt. I don't think he's awful but I also don't think I'd let him lead my program. Good dude though and to each their own.

And there's no if about it, Lee has talent coming up specifically the freshmen class, led by freshmen RB Jamarion Miller (remember the name). His brother is Damion Miller, former 4 star WR that played at John Tyler. We'll see what the staff does with it.

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

The Horace brothers from Groveton were all great players.  Micheal has been put in the Texas Football HOF

His Groveton team did get beat by Boyd TX Yellow Jackets and Billy Joe Toliver in the state finals in 83 I believe it was.

I remember Michael Horace, but I remember Rodney Thomas better..  a man among boys.  

My grandfathers 1st game as head coach at Coldspring in 1990 was against Groveton and Rodney Thomas.  I stood on the sidelines scared for the Coldspring defense.  Wasn’t a good debut.  Thomas was unreal.  Sadly he passed away way too young 3-4 years ago.

The big all-pro right tackle for Philadelphia is from Groveton.  He was a QB in high school!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FloTex said:

I remember Michael Horace, but I remember Rodney Thomas better..  a man among boys.  

My grandfathers 1st game as head coach at Coldspring in 1990 was against Groveton and Rodney Thomas.  I stood on the sidelines scared for the Coldspring defense.  Wasn’t a good debut.  Thomas was unreal.  Sadly he passed away way too young 3-4 years ago.

The big all-pro right tackle for Philadelphia is from Groveton.  He was a QB in high school!

And the bug bEast Texas guy next to him from Queen City Jason Peters was a TE. Went to Arkansas as a TE.  Moved to Tackle.  Rest histiry. Eagles held down by the 3A crew.  Both top 14 in salary and got that ring. 

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Can't believe no mention of Billy Sims or am I missing something?

Regards,

BGW

How bout Ron Morris the older brother of Bam Morris little Cooper Texas.  The WR on those Chi 🐻 team of the 80s opposite Willie Gault. Best small ball talent in America hands down.  

• Like 1

Robert Newhouse Hallsville, TX.  David Overseer Big Sandy.

The small School RBs cannot be touched

BEast Texas only area to have back to back Heismans.  Billy Sims and Earl Campbell

Real old School. HOF types for some

Y.A. Tittle: Marshall

Raymond Berry: Paris

Forrest Gregg: Sulphur Springs

Don Meredith: Mt. Vernon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

I'm enjoying reading you all's @rockinl  @Texasball @FloFootball @DevilDog lesson on EastTX players, some of the detail is impressive.  Who lined up next to whom, where they went to HS, what their parents did for a living,  and how they got recruited!  Lol

Not much to do out in dem Piney Woods but swaps tells about the Legendary HS Football kids.🤣   

Look at this bEast Texas Small Semi Game last year at the Athletes.  Boling had a 6'4 240 lb RB that decommitted from Bama and Signed with A&M.  Look at the speed of Newton attacking his big Ass.  The speed in this game is crazy.  And Newton brought the whole bunch back.  This game had 7 DI 1 kids. 🤘

Newton look like a swarm of bees attacking that big dude..  Some serious Speed 

Not Allen vs. Lake Travis or Longview vs. Lufkin.  But still pretty good level of play

6 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Not much to do out in dem Piney Woods but swaps tells about the Legendary HS Football kids.🤣   

Look at this bEast Texas Small Semi Game last year at the Athletes.  Boling had a 6'4 240 lb RB that decommitted from Bama and Signed with A&M.  Look at the speed of Newton attacking his big Ass.  The speed in this game is crazy.  And Newton brought the whole bunch back.  This game had 7 DI 1 kids. 🤘

Newton look like a swarm of bees attacking that big dude..  Some serious Speed 

Not Allen vs. Lake Travis or Longview vs. Lufkin.  But still pretty good level of play

Coach Cornel Thompson from WO-S says Newton plays defense “like a bed of stirred up ants”..  LOL

He has some good one liners.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Robert Newhouse Hallsville, TX.  David Overseer Big Sandy.

The small School RBs cannot be touched

BEast Texas only area to have back to back Heismans.  Billy Sims and Earl Campbell

Real old School. HOF types for some

Y.A. Tittle: Marshall

Raymond Berry: Paris

Forrest Gregg: Sulphur Springs

Don Meredith: Mt. Vernon

Now you're playing sweet music.

BGW

• Haha 1

On 10/15/2018 at 9:27 PM, WulfTangClan said:

DevilDog.. here is what East Texas big school has done for me lately. Not decades ago. lol I'll post a few pics but not all.

LT Trent Williams (Longview) - 4th overall pick, best LT in NFL

Image result for trent williams

WR Dez Bryant (Lufkin) 

RB JaMycal Hasty (Longview) - currently starting RB at Baylor

WR Greg Ward (John Tyler) - former heisman candidate at UH, now at Eagles

WR Keke Coutee (Lufkin) - starting slot WR for Texans

Image result for keke coutee

RB Chris Ivory (Longview) - nfl vet, now with Bills

LB/S Travin Howard (Longview) - TCU tackles record holder, Big 12 tackles record holder, now at Rams

Image result for travin howard rams

WR Fred Ross (John Tyler) - Former all SEC wideout at Mississippi St, now at Carolina

QB Patrick Mahomes (Whitehouse) - long story short, one of the best QB's in nfl

Image result for patrick mahomes

DT Zaycoven Henderson (Longview) - former A&M aggie now at Cleveland

LB Pete Robertson (Longview) - Texas Tech sack record holder, now at Washington Redskins

LB/DE Tyus Bowser (John Tyler) - 2nd round draft pick out of UH, now LB for Baltimore

Image result for tyus bowser

TE Colin Jeter (Longview) - former LSU tiger, now at Tampa Bay

And I left a bunch off the list but you get the idea. Them small schools ain't got it like that. What have they done for me lately? Seriously it's not even close.

All of these players mentioned are nice and all, but, I still haven't seen a list posted as good as this. Look at the accolades. Heisman list, record breakers, 1st round draft picks. They weren't just starters on a college team, they made their marks big time. Most specifically it's recent young players who are truly from East Texas.

Most of the small school players yall are mentioning are either from decades ago or straight up not from East Texas. I wanna know what you have done for me lately, and I wanna know about East (beast) Texas only to stay on topic. That means no Bellville, East Bernard or many of these non East Texas places being mentioned.

If you're having an issue understanding what East (beast) Texas is, ETSN covers all schools in East Texas. Here's their coverage area.

http://etsn.fm/schools/?source=mobilenav