What up Texas?

DevilDog

1 hour ago, FloTex said:

Dave Campbell had Pleasant Grove beating Gilmer 88-0.

Maxpresps has 14-0.

For the coaches sake, I hope Maxpreps is right.

What was impressive is when was the last time Gilmer was shutout.

DISTRICT 6-4A DIVISION II

Pleasant Grove — 14

Gilmer — 0

FINAL

Spring Hill — 20

Liberty-Eylau — 28

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

What was impressive is when was the last time Gilmer was shutout.

DISTRICT 6-4A DIVISION II

Pleasant Grove — 14

Gilmer — 0

FINAL

Spring Hill — 20

Liberty-Eylau — 28

Not this decade if I had to guess.  I remember when Navasota was on their dominate run and they beat the hell out of Gilmer several years ago,  but I don’t remember if it was a shutout.

Offense has never been the issue at Gilmer, til this year.  They’ve clearly missed the Traylor brothers and their leadership.

I hate bashing coaches, and speculating about job openings, but you wonder if they will make a change.  It’s one of the better jobs in the state for sure.

• Like 2

Extended Look at Allen vs. Jesuit.  I will post the condensed version later. 

Here is Week 8-Game 7 for the Allen Eagles (Number 1 Team in Texas) as they take on Jesuit Dallas Rangers Ft. E.J. Smith (Son of the famous Dallas Cowboys Running back Emmitt Smith) #22 for Jesuit. Another rainy Texas high school football game with a bunch of HUGE plays and BIG hits!

Pleasant Grove defeated Gilmer, 41-38, last season to give the Buckeyes their first home loss in district since 2001.
Gilmer's foru regular-season losses are its most since 2010. 

That Def End from P.G. that @ Texasball posted earlier when showing the all East Texas team as  Fr. is one of the top Recruits in the Nation for 2021.  Just a Soph. Hawks sophomore defensive end Landon Jackson is one of the nation's highest-rated recruits in the 2021 class, and enters Friday's game with four sacks, 10 tackles for loss, and 20 quarterback pressures.  6'5" 222lb.  A wet one last night out in bEast Texas. 

27 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Do you know which school is projected to go in each division for the POs, between J Village, falls, fair and ranch?  

Not really sure.

I do know all the Cys are broken up into two regions. Half are in region 2 and half are in region 3. Jersey Village is region 3, but Cy-Ranch is region 2. It's pretty confusing really.

https://www.scribd.com/document/370511606/UIL-Class-6A-football-and-basketball-realignment#from_embed

Maybe this will make sense in a few more weeks.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Do you know which school is projected to go in each division for the POs, between J Village, falls, fair and ranch?  

Cy Fair and Jersey Village are the two largest schools in 17-6A, so they would be the D1 schools. Cy Ranch is in 14-6A in region II and is likely a D2 school along with Tomball Memorial. The D1 schools are Cy Woods and either Langham Creek or Cy Lakes. All subject to change of course.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Who in Texas Brisket Hell is Jersey Village???

Jersey Village has been around for a long time, they were a very solid team in the 1990's. Last time I remember them in the playoffs early 2000's they had a very good running back who wound up in the NFL. The reason nobody has heard of them is that they kept drawing Katy in the early rounds of the playoffs.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TigerHat said:

Jersey Village has been around for a long time, they were a very solid team in the 1990's. Last time I remember them in the playoffs early 2000's they had a very good running back who wound up in the NFL. The reason nobody has heard of them is that they kept drawing Katy in the early rounds of the playoffs.

I see they're winning a lot of close games...Must have a bunch of seniors?