What up Texas?

DevilDog

34 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yeah, that’s true.  All of 6A is not good football. If you are defining it by the best teams in 4A, “yes” they can compete with the avg to below avg 6As. 

Which game are you interested in this weekend?  If this rain ever stops I'm going to Argyle vs. Paris at Argyle.  

Gonna see the Lobos out here before the regular season is up.  Trying to see as many ranked teams by class that I can.  I got TAPPS out of the way and enjoyed it.. Strange sitting in the stands with 100 people with no band and a few Cheerleaders.  I don't see this ever being big.  At the T.C. Cedar Hill game the T.C people though Melissa was in the district with Desoto.  Just Damn.  Big disconnect.  At the Desoto vs Dunne TBall and I sat with the old School Brothas and they were saying that is a recruited up Private.  They knew nothing of Dunne.  

8 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Which game are you interested in this weekend?  If this rain ever stops I'm going to Argyle vs. Paris at Argyle.  

Gonna see the Lobos out here before the regular season is up.  Trying to see as many ranked teams by class that I can.  I got TAPPS out of the way and enjoyed it.. Strange sitting in the stands with 100 people with no band and a few Cheerleaders.  I don't see this ever being big.  At the T.C. Cedar Hill game the T.C people though Melissa was in the district with Desoto.  Just Damn.  Big disconnect.  At the Desoto vs Dunne TBall and I sat with the old School Brothas and they were saying that is a recruited up Private.  They knew nothing of Dunne.  

I will stay local, catch hirschi and Gainesville.  The weather has really hampered my plans.

will catch up with the playoffs at AT&T.

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I will stay local, catch hirschi and Gainesville.  The weather has really hampered my plans.

will catch up with the playoffs at AT&T.

No doubt looking forward to it.  Next week flying out to Cali on business will miss football that weekend.  I love the new Job and the funds but this travelling is getting old.  Cali to NC every 3 - 4 weeks.  

I wanna see Argyle in person.  Usually a bigger physical 4A team like PG was last year.  

The rain has not stopped here for 3 days.  Crazee

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rockinl said:

Heres a couple of common opponents games for you......

Carthage 35,    Marshall 32 

Longview 64,     Marshall 14    (One of the weakest Marshall teams Ive seen in a while)

We have said from the start that these teams are not beating Longview.  

Marshall has also beat 6A Tyler Lee...

So if your chain above says that Carthage can't beat Longview.  Can we say that Carthage can beat 6A Tyler Lee?   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rockinl said:

Heres a couple of common opponents games for you......

Carthage 35,    Marshall 32 

Longview 64,     Marshall 14    (One of the weakest Marshall teams Ive seen in a while)

Marshall 42 6A Tyler Lee 29 @Lee

4A Carthage 35 5A Marshall 32 on the road Marshall scored last TD with 1:30 left in game. 

4A Kilgore 42 Marshall 7 @Marshall

Longview 25 Marshall 14 @ Marshall the next week.

This doesn't help the 6A argument

when do the Lobos not smoke Marshall.  Every year last year 41 - 7. The year before 56 -7.  Seems that would mean each is the weakest ever.  Thank God for 6A Tyler Lee.  🤣

52 minutes ago, Texasball said:

We have said from the start that these teams are not beating Longview.  

Marshall has also beat 6A Tyler Lee...

So if your chain above says that Carthage can't beat Longview.  Can we say that Carthage can beat 6A Tyler Lee?   

Oh, so the fact that a top 4A team can beat a horrible 6A team is the argument? Oh, ok. I thought the argument was that a team like Carthage would be a state contender in 6A.

My bad.

Pine Tree beat Longview in 1982. 4A Kilgore beat 5A Longview in 1987. Oh shit!

Wanna trot either one of those teams out against Longview next week??? Or Carthage for that matter. Longview would beat Carthage like a tied up mule.

6 hours ago, DevilDog said:

That was a terrible Stephenville they also beat a bigger Fl School.  Gladewater was 21 -21 with the #12 team in La in the 4th.  Remember I went to that game Mack was dominating.  Got away from them at the end if the 3rd and into the 4th.  They were not the best 4A team in Texas.  That said alot.  I was there at the BOB

Little History for people to consider

in 2010  Texas went to 5A before all the changes.

That year Stephenville just missed the cut off line from dropping down to class 3A - So they was a very small class 4A school

2010 - Stephenville played 5A Hebron and lost 17-14  -  Hebron beat Allen 35-28 (thats like 5000 students difference from Stephenville to Allen 

2011 - Stephenville still in class 4A  - now with 3A enrollment numbers beat 6A Mesquite Horn 28-10 and Lost to 6A Hebron 10-6

2012 - realignment came out and Stephenville dropped down to class 3A - They won state  - They also beat Amarillo in class 4A who had wins over 2 6A programs 

2013 - 3A Stephenville beat Florida 6A team Dillard 46-32  -  Dillard went 7-0 in their district beat Carol City in 1st Round -  Carol City had win vs Miami Northwestern that same year.  Stephenville was drilled in the semi finals by Kilgore 44-6 

Still in 2013 3A Kilgore had beat 4A Marshall 42-7 and 5A Longview beat 4A Marshall 26-14  - Longview went 3 rounds deep in 5A playoffs -  This is still before we had 6A.

I agree that it is not likely that the small schools are going to beat big schools like Longview -  Hell the best teams in the state or any state will struggle vs Longview. 

However, I believe it is foolish to believe that every single team that Longview trots out on the field would run through these now class 4A schools like hot knife through butter.    The overall difference in some years is not nearly as much as most believe.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2018 at 8:38 AM, maxchoboian said:

Any of you remember Laviska Shenault when he played at DeSoto? He's a sophomore at Colorado now and tearing it up early this year. 6'2", 220 WR. Has 60 receptions for 800 yards and 6 TDs, and 15 rushes for 100 yards and 5 TDs. Send more of him this way.

Been watching Colorado.  Shenault is a beast!!  

• Like 1

I think next topic we can discuss is a where are they now.  Former Great players that are now out of sight.  This should be good and informative.  Let's make this an awesome forum. It is called What up Texas!

@WulfTangClan and @Texasball should be really good in this topic.  Wulf you back my friend for some more Double D beat down on Texas 🏈😁I enoyed the back and forth.

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Can we say that Carthage can beat 6A Tyler Lee?   

Well sure they can beat Lee but they wouldn't beat em by much. That's not saying much either. Lee hasn't been a halfway decent 6A team since the Mike Owens era, but that MAY change in the coming years.

12 hours ago, DevilDog said:

@DevilDog - you want to meet up for the Argyle vs Paris game?  Kick off is at 7:00.

in perfect world we could meet at Babes Chicken for dinner in Roanoke at 5:30 - the stadium is less than 10 mins down the road.  

I sent you text.

59 minutes ago, Texasball said:

@DevilDog - you want to meet up for the Argyle vs Paris game?  Kick off is at 7:00.

in perfect world we could meet at Babes Chicken for dinner in Roanoke at 5:30 - the stadium is less than 10 mins down the road.  

I sent you text.

I got it Sir.  I owe you dinner thanks to Gilmer. Lol.  I will respond to the text.  Looking fwd to it.

20 hours ago, Texasball said:

I hope this changes.  Kurt Traylor is good dude.

Good dude but not really a big believer in his coaching. He has some good young talent coming up in that Lee program, that's the main reason Lee MAY be on the uprise but we'll see.

On 10/15/2018 at 6:30 PM, WulfTangClan said:

Nah, you better ask somebody about Kamden Perry. That is without a doubt the best WR in East Texas.

I'm telling ya, dude is a baller. You gotta see him in person for yourself. He catches, everything.