What up Texas?

DevilDog

Just now, DevilDog said:

Wow.  So now it is only in the Piney Woods.  Damn sure look East to me.  If I was anywhere in Texas west of La. and you asked me how to get to Bellville.  What would you say 😎

Location of Bellville, Texas

So is Houston East Texas? Cause they're basically one county over lol

Nice debate DD, but ya loss this one. lol

You can't beat that list with those resumes. 

I have everything from Heisman candidates/1st round draft picks on my list to one of the best QB's in NFL and NCAA school and conference record holders. Time to admit East Texas big schools are holding it down.

8 hours ago, WulfTangClan said:

Yea, fuck that computer. 

Trinity would smoke Carthage, way too physical for them and Carthage doesn't have the depth. Trenches is what would really get those smaller schools killed.

Yall know I ain't really a believer in "this team is killing 3A, so they would do the same in 6A" mentality. Nah, not how it works in Texas.

Remember what Carthage was prior to dropping classifications? A very bad program, average at best. Same for Henderson and a bunch of others. Remember Georgetown?  They were top classification scrubs. The very 1st year they drop, they went all the way to state. lol John Tyler didnt even make playoffs in 6A last year and you all saw how they fared vs Cedar Hill and Longview this year. JT will win their district in 5A. 

I mean, Lufkin may be currently the best team in 5A. They wouldn't be #1 in 6A although they would be top 15 for sure. Just how it is. The higher up you play in classification, the tougher the competition. There's more talent, BETTER talent and better coaching. Everyone knows this, even the UIL knows it which is why they're trying to pre split every classification to make it more "fair".

Someone asked why other states are able to have amazing lower classification teams that can beat anyone regardless of classification but Texas can't. I'll tell you why: geography. Texas is one of the few states where EVERYONE is flocking to the cities (GHA, DFW, Austin etc) or large regional towns (Tyler, Odessa, Longview,  Waco, San Marcos etc) at an alarming rate. Rural Texas is slowly but surely dying.

Where as in Louisiana for example, theyre not seeing the population trend that Texas is so football numbers and talent are not vastly different throughout the classifications like they are here. There's not much disparity.

That's not to say Carthage couldn't beat some 6A's. I'm sure they'd murder valley and El paso 6A's of course and other low end to average 6A programs, but can they beat an Arlington or Plano East much less a Euless Trinity, hell no and those two programs aren't anywhere near elite 6A.

IMO - I have personally seen at least 1 Plano East teams that Carthage could beat in the last several years. 

I believe DD's argument is that they could beat some 6A's - Not the elite one's 

In 2015  John Tyler was 5A - got beat in the 2nd Round

in 2016 John Tyler was 6A - got beat in the 3rd Round 

In 2014 John Tyler was 5A -  They beat 6A Plano, big 5A Longview, 6A Tyler Lee - Then got drilled in the semi finals by Aledo 44-14 - who had way less kids - Aledo was forced into D1 playoffs - because of the district and basically had to compete against schools much bigger in the playoffs -  John Tyler was not far from being 6A the same with Temple who Aledo beat in the finals

I can't find Aledo's enrollment for 2014 season -  In 2016 they only had 1594

John Tyler in 2016 had 2270  - My best guess without finding my 2014 Dave campbells is it would have been close to the same difference.  Roughly  700 students difference.  

Yet Aledo has won 5A Div 1 couple of different times in the old system with enrollment that is easily 5A Div 2  

This year - 3A Div 1 Brock beat 4A Div 1 Brownwood who beat 5A Wichita Falls Rider 

IMO when talent is involved you can throw away all the A's behind the name for 1 game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

IMO when talent is involved you can throw away all the A's behind the name for 1 game.

The misconception is thinking they have as much talent in the 1st place. The quality just does not compare. Go look at the list I posted. Heisman candidates, early round draft picks, top players in NFL at their position, NCAA school and conference record holders...just look at the accolades. Cmon now. Name someone, anyone from East Texas small school that's done any of that lately. 

All of the football you claim to watch, yet you can't see that? Yikes.. but it's cool, your opinion.

One day you'll see that majority of the quality talent reside 5A/6A, and it ain't close.

I think we all know Carthage could beat some scrub valley/El paso 6A teams but if they can't beat a halfway decent 6A like Arlington or Plano East, what's the point in this convo? lol

10 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Whats funny about all that 6A depth not one Running Back in the NFL from Texas 6A doing a damn thing.  Meanwhile this 33 yr old  3A dude still toting the Mail.  If it wasn't for Thurman Thomas and Big Earl I don't think old 5A/ New 6A have produced much that the little guys haven't.  The little guys are smoking it.  And even he choked away 4 SB's.  Maybe Cedric Benson  🤣

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/what-adrian-peterson-did-sunday-really-absurd

The last time I checked Jamal Charles from (then 5A highest classification) Port Arthur Memorial had the highest per carry average in the history of the NFL.

14 minutes ago, TigerHat said:

The last time I checked Jamal Charles from (then 5A highest classification) Port Arthur Memorial had the highest per carry average in the history of the NFL.

Ok You do know he just got signed as a FA by Jville because Fiournette is hurt.  No one wanted him.  Read wheat I said.  3A A.P. will be going into the Hall of Fame. And he still balling out check their numbers from this weekend and see who did what.  There is also a 6A Lobo running back on the Jacksonville team and he is out doing him too so that's two 6A guys

11 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Ok You do know he just got signed as a FA by Jville because Fiournette is hurt.  No one wanted him.  Read wheat I said.  3A A.P. will be going into the Hall of Fame. And he still balling out check their numbers from this weekend and see who did what.  There is also a 6A Lobo running back on the Jacksonville team and he is out doing him too so that's two 6A guys

Jay ajayi from Frisco liberty is at Philadelphia.  Samaja Perine from Hendrickson is at Washington. 

But why limit it to RBs?  The TX big classes doninate the QBs repped in the NFL

45 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Jay ajayi from Frisco liberty is at Philadelphia.  Samaja Perine from Hendrickson is at Washington. 

But why limit it to RBs?  The TX big classes doninate the QBs repped in the NFL

They should dominate it is more of them. I never disputed that.  What @WulfTangClan and I was discussing is the talent.  He said they were so much better and it was ahout bEast Texas bigs vs. Smalls.  Open it up and small ball is doing just fine.  Dee Dee Westbrook Cameron Yoe and James Washington Stamford 2 3A WRs.  There are plenty more.  If you put together a small vs big NFL Roster I will assure you They are no better players.  I can do the same in College. 

If you take 4A and below along with TAPPS vs 5A & 6A and look at the too 300 players in Texas.  You gonna be shocked with the results.  

Newton has 5 of the top 150 players in the whole damn State.  Now imagine if I said here are 5 of the best players in Tx all D1 and you claim 65 regular 6A dudes will destroy them.  Most 6A teams are not stocked with talent.  If they were LT and Allen wouldn't be like the 15th Rocky episode everyone anticipates each year.  90% of the 6A teams in the DFW are avg. To below avg. Venice Fl proved that to me in person.  

SJB Cali has 3 kids playing both ways now tell me how 6A depth would wear them down.  ET didn't wear down Bellevue with Budda Baker and that other star kid.  They beat them with those 2 kids.  Skyline is terrible and most 6A teams are like them.  

I find it funny when it is asked what is the best team ever in Texas A 3A team is mentioned along with old class B Big Sandy.  

The fascination of others that has never seen a damn football game in Texas is more fascinating.  WWW I wish I was a Texan and knew the State like Texans.  😎 

Look at me Texas.  I will assure you not many watch as much as @Texasball and I.  Coincidentally we don't hold all those biases.  Hell only a handful of  teams in America can play with the Texas top 10.  No one is claiming that about ant small ball team.  But they damn sure can be top 25 - 30 in certain years.

I particularly like it when people go to Maxpreps or Calpreps to prove a point.  This is revealing.  

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/w0NWe0axCEGyyp6XiiHdPQ/carthage-bulldogs-named-to-the-13th-annual-maxpreps-tour-of-champions-presented-by-the-army-national-guard.htm

LMAO.  But no Texan can believe this.  Best program in Texas.

Carthage outscored its competition 745-327 and posted a shutout. The Bulldogs held six opponents to 17 points or less on their way to winning the school's sixth state championship in a decade.

Having won all 16 games in 2017, Carthage set itself up for some rather high rankings come season's end. Not only are the Bulldogs the top team in MaxPreps' Texas Class 4A Division I rankings, Carthage is the No. 4 squad in Region III and the ninth best team in all of Texas. The Bulldogs are ranked No. 66 in MaxPreps' National Rankings!

Look at their region III rankings at the #9 team.🤣

23 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

If you take 4A and below along with TAPPS vs 5A & 6A and look at the too 300 players in Texas.  You gonna be shocked with the results.  

Newton has 5 of the top 150 players in the whole damn State.  Now imagine if I said here are 5 of the best players in Tx all D1 and you claim 65 regular 6A dudes will destroy them.  Most 6A teams are not stocked with talent.  If they were LT and Allen wouldn't be like the 15th Rocky episode everyone anticipates each year.  90% of the 6A teams in the DFW are avg. To below avg. Venice Fl proved that to me in person.  

SJB Cali has 3 kids playing both ways now tell me how 6A depth would wear them down.  ET didn't wear down Bellevue with Budda Baker and that other star kid.  They beat them with those 2 kids.  Skyline is terrible and most 6A teams are like them.  

I find it funny when it is asked what is the best team ever in Texas A 3A team is mentioned along with old class B Big Sandy.  

But what are you saying about 4A vs 6A?  I didn’t read where folks said that a 4A team can’t beat ANY 6A.  They can beat some.  The dispute is WHO specifically they could beat. 

I don’t think 4A is a special class from the others.  Why would it be? 

4A (stephenville)had their chance with Venice too and they were whipped 37-8.  4A (glade water) also had their chance with LA (St Thomas more)and lost comfortably in the BoB 42-21.

if I were to do an honest assessment of the classes. Typically, the top of each class would be in the bottom half of the top 10 of the class above it. (With newton being an exception this year) so Carthage would be bottom half of top 10 in 5A, etc. 

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

But what are you saying about 4A vs 6A?  I didn’t read where folks said that a 4A team can’t beat ANY 6A.  They can beat some.  The dispute is WHO specifically they could beat. 

4A (stephenville)had their chance with Venice too and they were whipped 37-8.  4A (glade water) also had their chance with LA (St Thomas more)and lost comfortably in the BoB 42-21.

if I were to do an honest assessment of the classes. Typically, the top of each class would be in the bottom half of the top 10 of the class above it. (With newton being an exception this year) so Carthage would be bottom half of top 10 in 5A, etc. 

Sir not comparing 4A vs. 6A I'm saying that the top teams in 4A and 5A are not as far from 6A as many believe.  Look this is revealing Texas is the only State in America that has 3A and 4A publics not Charter or Private that get nationally ranked.  WOS, Carthage and Newton.  2015 2017 and this year all considered special small ball teams.  Of course 4A is not better than 6A.  I will assure you Melissa would give Skyline hell.  That's what I'm saying the top teams are decent or avg 6A and most of 6A is avg. 

Dunne beat ECA La. Lost to 5A byrd at the end.  Another TAPPS lost to JC by 7.   2 teams La. Royalty. Neither TAPPS would win 4A.

They damn sure don't need depth in La.  And TX 4A and below have more NFL players than the State of La and they all came off of teams with 40 players.  With a smaller population.  Yeah no goid players on tx small schools.  

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Sir not comparing 4A vs. 6A I'm saying that the top teams in 4A and 5A are not as far from 6A as many believe.  Look this is revealing Texas is the only State in America that has 3A and 4A publics not Charter or Private that get nationally ranked.  WOS, Carthage and Newton.  2015 2017 and this year all considered special small ball teams.  Of course 4A is not better than 6A.  I will assure you Melissa would give Skyline hell.  That's what I'm saying the top teams are decent or avg 6A and most of 6A is avg. 

Yeah, that’s true.  All of 6A is not good football. If you are defining it by the best teams in 4A, “yes” they can compete with the avg to below avg 6As. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That was a terrible Stephenville they also beat a bigger Fl School.  Gladewater was 21 -21 with the #12 team in La in the 4th.  Remember I went to that game Mack was dominating.  Got away from them at the end if the 3rd and into the 4th.  They were not the best 4A team in Texas.  That said alot.  I was there at the BOB

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yeah, that’s true.  All of 6A is not good football. If you are defining it by the best teams in 4A, “yes” they can compete with the avg to below avg 6As. 

Enjoyed it with you guys @WulfTangClan @Texasvic. @Texasball @rockinl.  Good stuff.  My man Wulftang 100% bEast Texas

Take care and good luck the rest of the way.  I'm pulling for beast Texas in 2A - 6A.  

No other State not Ga. CA. Or Fl.  Get small public schools with National rankings.  Now what does that say about Texas.  The same people tripping on Newton didn't know a damn thing about them till we brought it up.  And we have only discussed them in State.  

They will quickly post a ranking from Maxpreps or Calpreps.  I ask them to look and see where they have liil Newton.  3 kids already signed to TCU.  Newton is probably ranked top 10 in most states by Maxpreps other than the big 4.