What up Texas?

DevilDog

1 minute ago, WulfTangClan said:

All of these players mentioned are nice and all, but, I still haven't seen a list posted as good as this. Look at the accolades. Heisman list, record breakers, 1st round draft picks. They weren't just starters on a college team, they made their marks big time. Most specifically it's recent young players who are truly from East Texas.

Most of the small school players yall are mentioning are either from decades ago or straight up not from East Texas. I wanna know what you have done for me lately, and I wanna know about East (beast) Texas only to stay on topic. That means no Bellville, East Bernard or many of these non East Texas places being mentioned.

If you're having an issue understanding what East (beast) Texas is, ETSN covers all schools in East Texas. Here's their coverage area.

http://etsn.fm/schools/?source=mobilenav

WTC bringing the heat and dropping the hammer. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WulfTangClan said:

All of these players mentioned are nice and all, but, I still haven't seen a list posted as good as this. Look at the accolades. Heisman list, record breakers, 1st round draft picks. They weren't just starters on a college team, they made their marks big time. Most specifically it's recent young players who are truly from East Texas.

Most of the small school players yall are mentioning are either from decades ago or straight up not from East Texas. I wanna know what you have done for me lately, and I wanna know about East (beast) Texas only to stay on topic. That means no Bellville, East Bernard or many of these non East Texas places being mentioned.

If you're having an issue understanding what East (beast) Texas is, ETSN covers all schools in East Texas. Here's their coverage area.

I guess you missed Earl Thomas, Jason Peters, Dee Dee Westbrook, Lane Johnson, Emmanuel Sanders, James Washington, Adrian Peterson majority East Texas. Dylan Mack 3A. Gladewater TX A&M was the under Armor HS all star game MVP on Def when he played in it.

Big 12. Chris Boyd Gilmer Texas

Blake Lynch LB Baylor Gilmer Tx

Denzel Mims WR Daingerfield Baylor

Jeff Gladney CB TCU New Boston

Keontay Ingram RB Texas Carthage

For all that BS about Newton.  McNeese State in La. Is officially  Newton East. So yeah and this the baddest group ever in a long line of talented kids.  They will play with anyone in 5A and alot of 6A.   

https://mcneesesports.com/news/2015/8/10/FB_0810155157.aspx

1 hour ago, WulfTangClan said:

Adrian Peterson will be waiting on them in the HOF.  Name a better/dominate 6A player at any position in the last 20 years.  

What 6A LB was better than Sean Witherspoon recently. 

What DB better than Earl Thomas.  Even the great Lineman from LV is not as accomplished as Jason Peters. Who will be an HoFer as well.  

La Michael James made an Heisman list the last decade.  So there's that. 

If you put a roster of Tx kids in the NFL from 4A down vs 5A and 6A just like College you will be shocked at the talent comparison.  I will assure you of that.  Longview should have more kids than. 300 school Queen City.  DF is 1/7th Longview but has damn near half as many NFL players as the Lobos and are ahead of most Big Schools in State.   

13 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Not much to do out in dem Piney Woods but swaps tells about the Legendary HS Football kids.🤣   

Look at this bEast Texas Small Semi Game last year at the Athletes.  Boling had a 6'4 240 lb RB that decommitted from Bama and Signed with A&M.  Look at the speed of Newton attacking his big Ass.  The speed in this game is crazy.  And Newton brought the whole bunch back.  This game had 7 DI 1 kids. 🤘

Newton look like a swarm of bees attacking that big dude..  Some serious Speed 

Not Allen vs. Lake Travis or Longview vs. Lufkin.  But still pretty good level of play

I didn’t see much tackling in that video....at least the first part of it. Of course Newton has speed. They’ve always had it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

I didn’t see much tackling in that video....at least the first part of it. Of course Newton has speed. They’ve always had it. 

Most games i watch in Texas the tackling is not good.  How else are they dropping 45 on someome and losing by 20 every Friday in all classes.  The running types are still physical and tackle somewhat Lobos, ET, NS and Argyle in 4A.  Though dem Lobos been giving up a lot of terra Firma.  Not many kids gonna be tackling a 6'4" 240 lb RB like that kid from Bolin. I was amazed how fast they get to the ball.  

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

WTC bringing the heat and dropping the hammer. 

I'm still waiting Sir on the bEast Texas 5A and 6A to touch this.  Adrian Peterson and Earl Thomas.  Then me and old WTC can proceed.  Current NFL Players😆😆

60c978281a981596e51fcb704035eded--football-pics-football-players.jpg

In the same photo @WulfTangClan for clarity. Both will be in HOF. Which 2 5A and 6A currently in East Texas will.  Also Jason Peters.  

AP would trample any 5A and 6A CB and Thomas would drop the hammer on any 5A and 6A RB in the NFL.  

Dez can't even get a job sadly.

Now old Wulf is quite a worthy adversary. 🤣

DD - I know you are from East Texas...However, most do not consider Earl Thomas from East Texas...He is considered South East Texas.

Now I will show my age...Here is another small school stud that I personally know from Van beast TX 

Todd Fowler - Dude was 6'3 or 4 and 240 and could run for a big white boy.  Played for the Houston Gamblers and the Dallas Cowboys -  He wasn't big time pro player got paid to play about 4 or 5 years.  

13 minutes ago, Texasball said:

DD - I know you are from East Texas...However, most do not consider Earl Thomas from East Texas...He is considered South East Texas.

Now I will show my age...Here is another small school stud that I personally know from Van beast TX 

Todd Fowler - Dude was 6'3 or 4 and 240 and could run for a big white boy.  Played for the Houston Gamblers and the Dallas Cowboys -  He wasn't big time pro player got paid to play about 4 or 5 years.  

He is from South East Texas.  The Beast runs from Texarkana to Beaumont.  Beaumont is the largest town in East Texas.  Now if you argue he's not from NE Texas I would agree.  All East Texas Counties.  

Check It out bro.

Counties included are Anderson, Angelina, Bowie, Camp, Cass, Cherokee, Delta, Franklin, Gregg, Hardin, Harrison, Henderson, Hopkins, Houston, Jasper, Jefferson, Lamar, Marion, Morris, Nacogdoches, Newton, Orange, Panola, Polk, Rains, Red River, Rusk, Sabine, San Augustine, San Jacinto, Shelby, Smith, Titus, Trinity, Tyler, Upshur, Van Zandt, and Wood County, Texas.[2]

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I'm still waiting Sir on the bEast Texas 5A and 6A to touch this.  Adrian Peterson and Earl Thomas.  Then me and old WTC can proceed.  Current NFL Players😆😆

60c978281a981596e51fcb704035eded--football-pics-football-players.jpg

In the same photo @WulfTangClan for clarity. Both will be in HOF. Which 2 5A and 6A currently in East Texas will.  Also Jason Peters.  

AP would trample any 5A and 6A CB and Thomas would drop the hammer on any 5A and 6A RB in the NFL.  

Dez can't even get a job sadly.

Now old Wulf is quite a worthy adversary. 🤣

Not going take shots at any east Texas kids. I watched AP at Palestine against crockett. Knew he was good, but didn’t think he was better than Jorvoskie on the high school level. Definitely better on the pro level. Not sure what’s the point anyways. It’s been proven there are players that can go from small schools and play on 5A and 6A teams if they are that good. I’m just not going to agree with the bs that teams like Carthage, Newton and etc. can beat Lufkin and Longview. Don’t care what year you mention or year when we both played the same teams. At the end of the day, it wouldn’t happen. 

29 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Not going take shots at any east Texas kids. I watched AP at Palestine against crockett. Knew he was good, but didn’t think he was better than Jorvoskie on the high school level. Definitely better on the pro level. Not sure what’s the point anyways. It’s been proven there are players that can go from small schools and play on 5A and 6A teams if they are that good. I’m just not going to agree with the bs that teams like Carthage, Newton and etc. can beat Lufkin and Longview. Don’t care what year you mention or year when we both played the same teams. At the end of the day, it wouldn’t happen. 

I have not posted once that Carthage or Newton would beat either.  AP was declared NFL ready out of HS.  Lane was good but I don't remember him receiving those accolades.  AP was a 10.35 100m sprinter in HS.  I have stated the top end talent at 4A and below is a great as it is in 5A & 6A.  And always have been.   Tyler Lee can't beat either or Carthage for that matter.  Nacogdoches is 2 - 4 vs Lufkin last 6 games.  That's not being dominating at 6A.  Gilmer 2 - 0 vs 5A Nacogdoches.  It's all good there were no disrespect toward each other once and not any arguing.  It's all good.  Pulling for Lobos and Panthers and the rest of East Texas. Plus we've exhausted this subject.  

2017 Smoaky. com All East Texas

Most Valuable Player:

Keaontay Ingram, 6-0, 195, Sr., RB, Carthage

2,325-yards rushing, 37-TD’s, 284-yards receiving, 2-TD’s.

Keaontay Ingram

Offensive Player of the Year:
Jackson Sampson, Sr., QB, New Diana

300-472 passing for 4,873-yards, 63-TD’s.

Jackson Sampson

Offensive Lineman of the Year:
Conner Henson, Sr., OG, Harmony

Graded 95%, 86-Pancakes, District Offensive Lineman of the Year.

Conner Henson

Defensive Player of the Year:
Corbin Foster, Sr., LB, Newton

240-Tackles, 34-TFL, 5-Sacks, 3-CF, 5-FR.

Corbin Foster

Defensive Lineman of the Year:
Marje Smith, Sr., DE, Marshall

63-Tackles (46-Solo), 20-TFL, 7-Sacks, 8-QBP, 3-FR, 1-Defensive TD, 9-PBU.

Offensive Newcomer of the Year:
Haynes King, 6-2, 170, Soph., QB, Longview

130-240 passing for 2,106-yards, 25-TD’s, 22-carries for 238-yards, 2-TD’s. District Offensive Newcomer of the Year.

Haynes King

Defensive Newcomer of the Year:
Landon Jackson, 6-5, 212, Fresh., DE, Pleasant Grove

98-Tackles, 16-TFL, 11 ½-Sacks (school record), 1-FR, 1-Interception, 6-PBU, 3-CF, 23-QBP.

Landon Jackson
1st offensive line is below - No 6A kids - No Lufkin, No Longview, No John Tyler , No Tyler Lee

Offensive Tackle:

Nick Gavriel, 6-2, 302, Sr., OT, Pleasant Grove, Graded-95%, 88-Pancakes 3-Time 1st-Team All-District. Best OL during district and state championship run.

Kris Dike, 6-5, 255, Sr, LT, Van, (4-A), 55-Pancakes, Graded-94%, 0-Sacks Allowed, Committed to TCU.

Offensive Guard:

Conner Henson, Sr., Guard, Harmony, Graded 95%, 86-Pancakes, District Offensive Lineman of the Year.

Jack Smith, Sr., Guard, Waskom, Graded 82%, 65-Cuts, 50-Knockdowns and played every offensive snap. District Offensive Lineman of the Year.

Center:

Kyle Berry, Sr, C, White Oak, 33-Pancakes, 71-Knockdowns, Graded 94%, Played in 100% of all offensive snaps. District Offensive Lineman of the Year.

1st Team WR -  No Lufkin, Longview, or Tyler schools

Wide Receiver:

T.J. Rogers, Sr., WR, New Diana, 104-catches for 1,716-yards, 23-TD’s.

Tevailance Hunt, 6-2, 185, Sr., WR, Texas High, 69-catches for 1,253-yards, 17-TD’s. 1-Rushing TD, 1-Passing TD.

Dee Bowens, 5-7, 165, Sr., WR, Carthage, 62-catches for 1,444-yards, 23-TD’s.

Trai Gardner, Sr., WR, Tenaha, 64-catches for 1,324-yards, 20-TD’s, 18-carries for 308-yards, 4-TD’s. (CHECK CAREER)

Drop-Back QB:

Jackson Sampson, 300-472 passing for 4,873-yards, 63-TD’s.

Dual-Threat QB:

Garrett Moseley, 5-11, 190, Sr., QB, Van, 153-285 passing for 2,495-yards, 29-TD’s, 178-carries for 1,412-yards, 19-TD’s. Career: Rushing (4,101); Passing (6,380) Combined TD’s (134). District Offensive MVP.

Athlete/Multiple Threat:

Trey Collier, Jr., QB, Kaufman, 171-carries for 1,789-yards (10.1/carry), 23-TD’s, 1,385-yards passing, 14-TD’s. District Overall MVP.

Utility Player:

Brandon Smith, 5-10, 185, Sr., RB, Wills Point, 139-carries for 1,172-yards, 21-TD’s, 8.4/ypc, 21-catches for 228-yards, 4-TD’s. Unanimous District MVP, 2-way all-district 2-years. Also, graded out 96% on the season.

Running Back:

JaQuan Jackson, 6-1, 175, Sr., RB, DeKalb, 324-carries for 2,867-yards, 48-TD’s, 7-2XP (10-Games), Built Ford Tough POW, Set school records for rushing yards in a game and season. District MVP.

Keaontay Ingram, 6-0, 195, Sr., RB, Carthage, 2,325-yards rushing, 37-TD’s, 284-yards receiving, 2-TD’s.

Isaiah Phillips, 5-9, 190, RB, Lufkin, 2,012-yards rushing, 27-TD’s.

Fullbacks/H-Backs/Tight Ends:

Jaylin Brown, 6-3, 210, Sr., TE, Longview, 31-catches for 638-yards, 13-TD’s, also graded 90% as blocker, 73-Knockdowns.

T.J. Cole, 6-0, 188, Sr., FB, Pleasant Grove, 244-carries for 1,751-yards, 25-TD’s, 20-catches for 414-yards, 5-TD’s. 2-Time All-District. State Championship Offensive MVP.

Only couple of kids from from the East Texas Big Boys listed on the first team Offense

1st Team Defense:
Defensive Tackle:

Daniel Arnold, DT, Mount Vernon, 110-Tackles, 30-TFL, 13-Sacks, 3-PBU, 2-CF, 1-FR, 2-Blocked Kicks. District Defensive Lineman of the Year.

Jaurmez Brock, Jr., DT, Tenaha, 137-Tackles, 22-TFL, 8-Sacks, 15-QBP, 2-FR, 1-CF.

(Tie) Carl Williams, 6-5, 305, DT, Lufkin, 56-Tackles, 6-TFL, 4-Sacks, 3-CF, 5-QBP.

Defensive End:

Marje Smith DE, Marshall, 63-Tackles (46-Solo), 20-TFL, 7-Sacks, 8-QBP, 3-FR, 1-Defensive TD, 9-PBU.

(Tie) Elijah Trest, Sr., DE, White Oak, 103-Tackles (37-Solo), 20-TFL, 15-Sacks, 6-CF, 3-FR, 1-Interception, 3-PBU, 1-Defensive TD. All-State, District Defensive MVP.

(Tie) Eric Gipson, Jr., DE, Jefferson, 137-Tackles, 10-Sacks, 25-TFL, 2-CF, 1-FR, 1-Defensive TD (Interception Return), 9-QBP.

Linebacker:

Corbin Foster, Sr., LB, Newton, 240-Tackles, 34-TFL, 5-Sacks, 3-CF, 5-FR.

Mykel Gates, 6-0, 225, Sr., ILB, Carthage, 165-Tackles, 20-TFL, 6-QBP, 3-PBU, 3-FR, 1-Interception, 3-Sacks, 1-Defensive TD, 1-Safety.

Tyree Wilson, 6-5, 225, Sr., OLB, West Rusk, 126-Tackles, 38-TFL, 7-Sacks, 29-QBP, 5-CF, 5-FR, District Defensive MVP.

Tavoris Giles, Sr., MLB, Tenaha, 221-Tackles (130-Solo), 10-TFL, 2-Interceptions (1-TD/70), 2-PBU, 1-FR.

Cornerback:

Jalen Carr, 5-10, 160, Sr., CB, Longview, 10-Interceptions, 5-PBU, 70-Tackles (61-Solo), 1-Sack, 3-TFL, 3-Blocked Kicks, 1-XP Return for 2-points.

Tamauzia Brown, Jr., CB, Newton, 46-Tackles, 16-PBU, 12-Interceptions.

Safety:

Jephaniah Lister, 5-9, 160, Jr., OLB/S, Longveiw, 144-Tackles (89-Solo), 2-Sacks, 4-TFL, 6-PBU, 4-Interceptions, 1-CF, 2-Blocked Kicks.

DeMarvion Overshown, 6-4, 205, Sr., S, Arp, 162-Tackles, 5-Interceptions, (1-TD), 6-TFL, 3-Sacks, 6-FR, 5-CF.

Nickel-Back:

Mekhi Colbert, 5-10, 185, Sr., S, Carthage, 43-Tackles, 1-TFL, 1-CF, 1-FR, 7-Interceptions (1-TD).

• Like 1

I like how this guy thinks - 

Smoaky's East and Central Texas Top 10 Power Poll...
Thursday, 6th September 2018 - 8:50PM
This season, I'll rank the Top 10 programs overall in both East and Central Texas, based on their pound-for-pound value. So, even though (for example) Arp wouldn't beat Longview, they could be ranked higher in my Power Poll.

I will take your feedback and nominations each week in the forums section. 

If you want, email me nominations after each week's games to smoaky@1660espn.com. 

Smoaky has always catered to the smaller schools and their fan bases, because that’s who mostly frequents his forum. I’m the only lufkin fan on there. Most lufkin fans don’t like his forum. It’s mostly small school fans on that site. Most of the mods are from small schools or rep small Schools. And I’m not saying several of those kids should get that recognition. I’m just saying i wouldn’t use the stuff on his forum and site to make a point. 

19 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Not much to do out in dem Piney Woods but swaps tells about the Legendary HS Football kids.🤣   

Look at this bEast Texas Small Semi Game last year at the Athletes.  Boling had a 6'4 240 lb RB that decommitted from Bama and Signed with A&M.  Look at the speed of Newton attacking his big Ass.  The speed in this game is crazy.  And Newton brought the whole bunch back.  This game had 7 DI 1 kids. 🤘

Newton look like a swarm of bees attacking that big dude..  Some serious Speed 

Not Allen vs. Lake Travis or Longview vs. Lufkin.  But still pretty good level of play

If you’re talking about #8 from Boling, it looks like he pretty much had his way, at least in this video.

Here are the 26 teams who have made the Texas semifinals in the highest classification since 2012 (2012 5A, 2013 and later 6A).

Allen

Cedar Ridge

Lake Travis

Katy

Waco Midway

Austin Westlake

Longview

The Woodlands

De Soto

Cypress Fairbanks

Cibolo Steele

Cinco Ranch

Klein Collins

Atascocita

North Shore

Mansfield

Converse Judson

Cedar Hill

Westfield

Skyline

Cypress Ranch

San Antonio Johnson

San Antonio Madison

Pearland

Houston Lamar

San Antonio O'Connor

There is a difference in east Texas and the Pineywoods.  Pineywoods start around Jasper and go to around Carthage, east to the Sabine River and west to Crockett area...  IMO anyways.

Dionte Thompson, the starting FS for Alabama is a WOS boy too.  He’s on many mid season, All-American teams.  He will be a high draft pick next year.