What up Texas?

DevilDog

2 hours ago, WulfTangClan said:

Doesnt sound like it.

Sound like Blackshire is the worst one they have. They dont have a timetable for him.

I am hearing that Blackshire could be out for the season and they have few more that probably will not play until district.

The St. Johns game could be painful to watch!

9 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

11th?!?!

Seesh...Im still trying to learn the 1st 10.

Me too.  I just know they all start with Frisco and have names like Liberty, Independence, Heritage and Centennial.  I guess Patriot, Glory and Emancipation are on the way 🤣 But I can always remember this one Frisco High.  You know you growing when you are building a HS in another city and haven't even given it a name.  I would call it Friscinny High 😎

SportsDayHS will be breaking down and analyzing Dallas-area teams before the start of the 2019 season. Today we examine the top 5 large and small private Dallas-area schools.

LARGE PRIVATE SCHOOLS
1. Parish Episcopal
Coach: Daniel Novakov
2018 record: 9-4; 2-2 TAPPS 2-I
2018 postseason: TAPPS Division I state semifinalist
Returning starters: 5 offense, 5 defense

Four-star junior QB Preston Stone, who lists 46 college offers on his recruiting page, led area private school players in passing yards (3,531) and touchdown passes (44). Coach Daniel Novakov thinks this will be a breakout season for junior RB Christian Benson, the cousin of former Texas All-American RB Cedric Benson, who died last weekend. Benson and fellow running backs Cauren Lynch (three-star recruit) and Kaleb Culp (first-team all-district RB and DB) combined to run for 1,322 yards. A defense led by LB Keegon Addison (155 tackles), DL Josue Munoz (118 tackles, 7.5 sacks), Culp (114 tackles) and CB Luke Bridges (committed to Harvard) added Air Force pledge Blake Burris, a three-star DE who transferred from Irving MacArthur.

Other players to watch: WR Jai Moore, WR Evan Greene, DL Noah Richards, ILB Andrew Merrick, OLB Colby Blatnik

2. Bishop Dunne
Coach: Michael Johnson
2018 record: 11-3; 4-0 TAPPS 2-I
2018 postseason: TAPPS Division I state champion
Returning starters: 5 offense, 6 defense

Bishop Dunne has played in the TAPPS Division I state championship game four of the last five years, winning titles in 2014 and 2018. QB Simeon Evans accounted for 25 touchdowns (17 passing) in 11 games, but he is battling Alex Orji for the starting job. Orji, a transfer from Rockwall, has offers from Arkansas and Baylor and would start at safety if he isn't the quarterback. Bishop Dunne has one of the best linebacker corps in the state with Kansas pledge Brennon Scott (80 tackles, 14 sacks) and Texas State pledges John Emmanuel (57 tackles, nine sacks) and Joshua Emmanuel (90 tackles, six sacks).

Other players to watch: RB Grant Barksdale, RB/LB Pearson Hendrix, 

3. Argyle Liberty Christian
Coach: Steven Greek
2018 record: 8-5; 3-1 TAPPS 1-I
2018 postseason: TAPPS Division I state semifinalist  

Returning Starters 5 Offense 5 Defense

Star RB Andre Washington has moved on to Oklahoma State after rushing for 2,064 yards and 22 touchdowns, so Logan Moonier and Tye Strickland will share the workload at running back. Liberty Christian will look for a big season from three-star junior QB Daniel Greek, who threw for 2,495 yards and 21 TDs. Four-star S Cristian Driver and three-star CB Collin Gamble are two of the best defensive backs in the Dallas area, but both will also play significant roles as receivers. Liberty Christian lost four players who combined for 2,199 receiving yards.

Other players to watch: WR Jalen McCoslin, OL Andy Buttrell, MLB Micah Grizzle, OLB Seth Terry

4. FW Nolan

Coach: David Beaudin
2018 record: 9-2; 4-0 TAPPS 1-I
2018 postseason: Lost in second round of playoffs
Returning starters: 5 offense, 4 defense

Emeka Megwa is rated the 12th-best running back in the nation in the Class of 2022 and already has 24 college offers, including Alabama. WR Brandon Chatman, who had a 1,000-yard receiving season in 2017, transferred in from Fort Worth Boswell. Jimmy Taylor, who has an offer from Yale, takes over as the starting quarterback after throwing 10 touchdown passes and no interceptions as a backup in 2018. DE J'Dan Burnett ran an impressive 4.49 40-yard dash at The Opening regional and holds an offer from Boston College.

Other players to watch: WR Jaylen Anderson, OL Sean Migliaccio, S Jason Kerl Jr., S Spencer Roof

5. Plano Prestonwood
Coach: Chris Cunningham
2018 record: 9-3; 2-2 TAPPS 2-I
Returning starters: 4 offense, 2 defense

Prestonwood has averaged 10.8 wins per season over the last six years and has played in four state championship games in that span. Senior QB Jacob Switzer, the grandson of former Oklahoma and Cowboys coach Barry Switzer, transferred in from Norman (Okla.) North and is competing for the starting job with freshman Maguire Martin. Prestonwood lost its leading rusher when Tim Taylor transferred to Frisco Reedy. But the offense still has Navy OL pledge Javan Bouton and big-play WR Riley Wilson, who had 32 receptions for 645 yards and eight touchdowns. Senior WR Carson Stogner is the younger brother of star TE Austin Stogner, who is now at Oklahoma.

Other players to watch: RB Randell Holmes, RB Jaden Lindsay, WR/DB Dayton Toney, WR/LB Graham Hill

Elite QB recruits will be in spotlight as state champ TC-Cedar Hill plays Parish Episcopal on ESPN2

Two of the top quarterbacks in the Dallas area will get to showcase their skills for a national audience next month.

ESPN announced Tuesday that the Trinity Christian-Cedar Hill at Parish Episcopal game in Week 2 will be broadcast live on ESPN2 at 7 p.m. Sept. 5. It will be part of the GEICO ESPN High School Football Showcase, which will feature 11 marquee matchups nationwide over the course of the regular season.

TC-Cedar Hill four-star recruit Shedeur Sanders -- the son of Pro Football Hall of Famer Deion Sanders -- is rated the 13th-best pro-style quarterback in the nation in the Class of 2021 by 247Sports.com. With Deion as the offensive coordinator, TC-Cedar Hill went 14-0 and won a second straight TAPPS Division II state championship as Shedeur threw for 3,088 yards and 42 touchdowns last season.

Parish Episcopal junior Preston Stone is rated the second-best dual-threat quarterback in the nation in the Class of 2021, and the four-star recruit lists 46 college offers on his recruiting page. Stone passed for 3,531 yards and 44 touchdowns for a 9-4 team.

The first game to be broadcast in the Showcase will be Katy at Galena Park North Shore on Aug. 29. It will be North Shore's first game since beating Duncanville 41-36 on a Hail Mary touchdown pass on the final play of the game in last year's Class 6A Division I state championship game.

SMALL PRIVATE SCHOOLS

1. TC-Cedar Hill

Coach: Andre' Hart
2018 record: 14-0; 5-0 TAPPS 2-II
2018 postseason: TAPPS Division II state champion
Returning starters: 6 offense, 3 defense

Pro Football Hall of Famer Deion Sanders is back as the offensive coordinator for a team that averaged 47.6 points, and former NFL defensive back Kevin Mathis was promoted to defensive coordinator. Sanders' son Shedeur, a four-star junior QB, has thrown for 5,448 yards and accounted for 87 touchdowns (76 passing) in two years while leading TC-Cedar Hill to a 26-1 record and back-to-back TAPPS Division II state titles. Three-star WR/CB Marques Buford had 30 catches for 571 yards and eight touchdowns, along with 52 tackles and two interceptions. Desmond Moultrie will be the primary running back after recovering from a torn ACL. Coach Andre' Hart said TAPPS is still in the process of reviewing the paperwork for Iowa TE pledge Elijah Yelverton, who transferred from Bishop Dunne.

Other players to watch: WR Charles Thompson Jr., WR Rodrick Weaver Jr., DT Jamal Marshall, DE Josh Dimanche

2. Grapevine Faith

Coach: Kris Hogan
2018 record: 9-2; 3-1 TAPPS 1-II
Returning starters: 7 offense, 7 defense

Last year was the fourth time in five seasons that Faith Christian won at least nine games. Iowa pledge Deuce Hogan is rated the 19th-best pro-style quarterback in the nation in the Class of 2020. His primary targets will be WR Brooks Lowenstein (264 yards, four TDs), WR Lex Boucvalt (move-in from Austin) and TE Hilton Harris (278 yards, five TDs). Mark Saunders ran for 912 yards and 14 touchdowns, and he's the primary running back with the graduation of 1,000-yard rusher Malik Caper.

Other players to watch: DE Preston Parkhill, ILB Caden Headington, S Luke Blevins, CB Kaleb Rysavy

3. Fort Worth Christian

Coach: Jared Hudgins
2018 record: 9-4; 4-0 TAPPS 1-II
2018 postseason: TAPPS Division II state semifinalist
Returning starters: 7 offense, 6 defense

Three-star WR/CB Chance Luper averaged 21.2 yards per catch and had 39 receptions for 827 yards and nine touchdowns. Luper and WR/S Jamal Marshall will start on both sides of the ball. Carson Cross takes over as the starting quarterback after backing up Georgetown signee Tyler Knoop, who accounted for 47 touchdowns and 3,595 yards of total offense. Fort Worth Christian has won at least nine games five consecutive years, including its state championship season in 2015.

Other players to watch: RB Billy Fulbright, DL Dennis Herrold, DL Zach Strickland, LB Jackson Cobern

4. Dallas Christian

Coach: Mike Wheeler
2018 record: 10-2; 4-1 TAPPS 2-II
Returning starters: 5 offense, 5 defense

Coach Mike Wheeler has a record of 255-73 at Dallas Christian, including 78-13 the last seven seasons. Junior RB/S TJ King ran for 1,483 yards and 22 touchdowns and also recorded 90 tackles and four interceptions to earn all-state honors on both sides of the ball. Every member of the offensive line received some type of all-district recognition, led by first-team honors for Jack Platz. Preston Johnson was first-team all-state as a kicker and punter.

Other players to watch: QB Zach Haaland, WR/DB Peyton Veasley, DB/WR Sam Johnson, DL/OL Blaine Bills

5. FM Coram Deo

Coach: Doug Hix
2018 record: 11-2; 4-1 TAPPS 1-III
2018 postseason: TAPPS Division III state semifinalist
Returning starters: 3 offense, 3 defense

RB Cooper Walthall had eight 100-yard rushing games -- including three games of more than 200 yards -- and finished with 1,528 yards and 19 touchdowns. Peyton Inderlied, a junior who had been home schooled, takes over as the starting quarterback. Coram Deo lost all-state WR Taylor Behm, who transferred to Plano Prestonwood, but big things are expected from speedster Jack Herrington and slot receiver Andrew Mainord.

Other players to watch: LB Logan Conklin, S Zach Ledbetter, S Josh Ledbetter

SportsDayHS will be breaking down and analyzing Dallas-area teams before the start of the 2019 season. Today we examine the top 10 4A and 3A Dallas-area schools.

For the seventh time in nine years, Argyle opens the season ranked No. 1 in the area among Class 4A/3A teams.

CLASS 4A/3A

1. Argyle
Coach: Todd Rodgers
2018 record: 13-1; 6-0 District 7-4A Division I
2018 postseason: Class 4A Division I Region II finalist
Returning starters: 5 offense, 5 defense

Coach Todd Rodgers rarely loses, compiling a record of 181-36 at the school, and Argyle has reached at least the regional semifinals 10 consecutive seasons. Argyle's offense lost two second-team all-state players -- wide receiver Dillon Carter and lineman Preston Wilson -- but still has plenty of talent returning from a team that averaged a 4A-area best 50.4 points. Bo Hogeboom led area 4A players in passing yards (3,366 yards) and ranked second in passing touchdowns (44). RB Tito Byce ran for 1,520 yards and 26 touchdowns, and WR Alex Gonzales had 52 catches for 772 yards and six TDs. Hogeboom and Gonzales are Division I baseball recruits, with Hogeboom committed to Houston and Gonzales committed to Baylor. Three-star junior Jasper Lott, a move-in from California who holds four FBS offers, will start at tight end and on the defensive line.

Other players to watch: WR Cole Kirkpatrick, DL Tate Van Poppel, DL Blake Sullivan, LB Davis Elsey, DB Jake Sullivan

2. Melissa
Coach: Matt Nally
2018 record: 8-4; 4-2 District 7-4A Division I
Returning starters: 6 offense, 6 defense

Offensive coordinator Matt Nally was promoted to head coach when Seth Stinton became the school district's full-time boys athletic director. Colorado pledge Brendon Lewis is rated by 247Sports.com as the 14th-best dual-threat quarterback in the nation in the Class of 2020. He threw for 2,524 yards and 34 touchdowns, with only three interceptions, and ran for 967 yards and 11 TDs. Senior RB Ja'Bray Young, a three-star recruit with FBS offers, ran for 1,550 yards and 15 touchdowns and had 22 catches for 453 yards and six TDs. Chase Mapps is the top returning wide receiver, with 19 catches for 235 yards and three TDs.

Other players to watch: WR Tyler Burton, WR Antonio Robinson, LB Braylon Brown, DB Chance Mapps, DB Chanse Holiday

3. Celina
Coach: Bill Elliott
2018 record: 7-5; 3-3 District 7-4A Division I
2018 postseason: Class 4A Division I Region II semifinalist
Returning starters: 5 offense, 6 defense

RB Logan Point, committed to Navy, has run for 2,566 yards and 36 touchdowns the last two years. He ranked third among area 4A players in rushing yards last season, with 1,662. QB Hunter Watson threw for 1,498 yards and 17 touchdowns and was Celina's second-leading rusher with 336 yards and six TDs. DJ Dell'Anno is moving up from the JV and gives Watson a 6-7 target at wide receiver.

Other players to watch: WR Luke Addy, DE Logan Walker, MLB Logan Engle, FS Trent Espinosa

4. Midlothian Heritage
Coach: Lee Wiginton
2018 record: 11-2; 5-0 District 9-4A Division I
2018 postseason: Class 4A Division I Region III semifinalist
Returning starters: 6 offense, 5 defense

Three players are battling for the starting quarterback job and the chance to replace Landon Ledbetter, who threw for 3,288 yards and a 4A-area best 46 touchdowns in 2018. Jay Wilkerson is the top returning receiver among area 4A players, with 1,194 yards and 19 touchdowns. Cullen Stone is the top returning running back, with 440 yards, and he will share carries with Brody Greeson and Latray Miller. Linebacker Konner Jones was the District 9-4A Defensive MVP and an honorable-mention all-state selection. DL Kolton May was the district's Defensive Sophomore of the Year.

Other players to watch: WR Haydon Wiginton, QB/DB Cade Sumbler, LB Noah Gray, LB D'Angelo Freeman

5. Wilmer-Hutchins
Wilmer-Hutchins head coach Elzie Barnett stands with his team for the national anthem before the start of their high school bi-district state playoff football game against Kennedale in Cedar Hill, Texas, Friday, November 11, 2016. Mike Stone/Special Contributor

Coach: Elzie Barnett
2018 record: 9-2; 6-0 District 8-4A Division I
2018 postseason: Lost in first round of playoffs
Returning starters: 4 offense, 3 defense

QB Kyle Douglas Jr. was the District 8-4A Division I MVP and passed for 2,955 yards and accounted for 40 touchdowns (34 passing) while throwing only four interceptions. New starting running back Montay Duncan and wide receivers Jalin Moore (481 yards) and Bontay Duncan will play key roles in an explosive offense that averaged 39.2 points and 427.7 yards of total offense per game. Duncan was the district defensive newcomer of the year last season.

Other players to watch: OL Taquan Lewis, FS Elzie Barnett Jr., SS Billy Monroe III, DT Marlon Brown

6. Carter
Coach: Patrick Williams
2018 record: 6-5; 4-2 District 8-4A Division I
Returning starters: 6 offense, 7 defense

The big name is 6-3, 300-pound DT Branard Wright, rated the eighth-best recruit and second-best defensive lineman in the Dallas area in the Class of 2020. Wright lists 29 college offers, including national champion Clemson and national runner-up Alabama. Kace Williams threw for 2,010 yards and 24 touchdowns, and WR Tailon Garrett averaged 20.5 yards per catch and had 31 receptions for 634 yards and nine TDs. Jamalrian Jones takes over as the starting running back after rushing for 287 yards on limited carries.

Other players to watch: WR Redd Walker, DE Randy Anthony, LB Kade Williams, FS Johnny Gee

7. Kennedale
Coach: Richard Barrett
2018 record: 9-3; 6-0 District 6-4A Division I
Returning starters: 2 offense, 4 defense

Last season was the ninth time in 11 years that Kennedale won at least nine games. JD Coffey, rated the fourth-best safety in the nation in the Class of 2021, had 61 tackles and seven interceptions and will lead a talented secondary that includes CB Wayne Landry (district defensive newcomer of the year). An offense that averaged 40.7 points and 262.1 rushing yards lost the district offensive MVP (QB Evan Jowers) and its top two rushers and top two receivers. FB Micah Conner is the top returning rusher after running for 583 yards and five touchdowns while averaging 7.8 yards per carry.

Other players to watch: RB/LB Marlete Joyner, OL/DL Junior Seay, DT Jordan Price, CB Elijah Williams

8. Sunnyvale
Coach: John Settle
2018 record: 9-1; 5-0 District 5-4A Division II
Returning starters: 7 offense, 8 defense
Sunnyvale has averaged 9.8 wins per season the last five years, and last season was the eighth straight year that it won at least seven games. QB Tripp McAda was the District 5-4A Division II MVP, averaged 110.4 rushing yards per game and accounted for 40 touchdowns (15 passing, 25 rushing). LB Devin Sterling (129 tackles) was the district's defensive MVP and will also be used at running back. RB Obi Arinze (574 yards, seven TDs rushing) was first-team all-district, as were TE/DE Ashton Wright, OL Sam Bartis and LB Jake Taylor (109 tackles).

Other players to watch: WR Noah Mcdill, WR/DB Will Van Vessem, OL Alex Spera, DL/OL Daniel Cortez

9. Carrollton Ranchview
Coach: Terry Smith
2018 record: 5-5; 3-3 District 8-4A Division I

Oklahoma pledge Michael Henderson played quarterback before an ankle injury derailed his junior season. The four-star recruit will play H-back and outside linebacker in 2019. Caleb Arnold and Shun Mizuno are battling for the starting quarterback job. The winner will be throwing to all-district slotback Dorian Windley and sophomore Elijah Penny. The secondary should be a strength with safety Chauncey Penny and CB/SB Clevon Harmon.

Other players to watch: RB/LB Chris Cotton, RB Jonovan Eichelberger, OL Kawun Govan, ILB Kennedy Wood

10. Ferris
Coach: Brandon Layne
2018 record: 6-4; 3-1 District 4-4A Division II
Returning starters: 5 offense, 4 defense

WR Matthew Nunez had an extraordinary junior year, accounting for 1,100 of Ferris' 1,241 receiving yards and catching all 12 of the team's touchdown passes. He had a pair of 200-yard receiving games and averaged 26.8 yards per catch. Nate Aguinaga, one of the team's best athletes, moves to quarterback after playing wide receiver and free safety. Kayden Barnes, a physical runner with breakaway speed, replaces 1,300-yard rusher Damian Edwards as the starting running back.

Other players to watch: DB/WR Patrick Blair, DB/WR Demarcus Rankin, DL Desmond King, LB Antonio Lopez

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Me too.  I just know they all start with Frisco and have names like Liberty, Independence, Heritage and Centennial.  I guess Patriot, Glory and Emancipation are on the way 🤣 But I can always remember this one Frisco High.  You know you growing when you are building a HS in another city and haven't even given it a name.  I would call it Friscinny High 😎

And the best of the bunch at the moment is the recently opened one (Reedy).

31 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

SportsDayHS will be breaking down and analyzing Dallas-area teams before the start of the 2019 season. Today we examine the top 10 4A and 3A Dallas-area schools.

For the seventh time in nine years, Argyle opens the season ranked No. 1 in the area among Class 4A/3A teams.

CLASS 4A/3A

1. Argyle
Coach: Todd Rodgers
2018 record: 13-1; 6-0 District 7-4A Division I
2018 postseason: Class 4A Division I Region II finalist
Returning starters: 5 offense, 5 defense

Coach Todd Rodgers rarely loses, compiling a record of 181-36 at the school, and Argyle has reached at least the regional semifinals 10 consecutive seasons. Argyle's offense lost two second-team all-state players -- wide receiver Dillon Carter and lineman Preston Wilson -- but still has plenty of talent returning from a team that averaged a 4A-area best 50.4 points. Bo Hogeboom led area 4A players in passing yards (3,366 yards) and ranked second in passing touchdowns (44). RB Tito Byce ran for 1,520 yards and 26 touchdowns, and WR Alex Gonzales had 52 catches for 772 yards and six TDs. Hogeboom and Gonzales are Division I baseball recruits, with Hogeboom committed to Houston and Gonzales committed to Baylor. Three-star junior Jasper Lott, a move-in from California who holds four FBS offers, will start at tight end and on the defensive line.

Other players to watch: WR Cole Kirkpatrick, DL Tate Van Poppel, DL Blake Sullivan, LB Davis Elsey, DB Jake Sullivan

2. Melissa
Coach: Matt Nally
2018 record: 8-4; 4-2 District 7-4A Division I

Offensive coordinator Matt Nally was promoted to head coach when Seth Stinton became the school district's full-time boys athletic director. Colorado pledge Brendon Lewis is rated by 247Sports.com as the 14th-best dual-threat quarterback in the nation in the Class of 2020. He threw for 2,524 yards and 34 touchdowns, with only three interceptions, and ran for 967 yards and 11 TDs. Senior RB Ja'Bray Young, a three-star recruit with FBS offers, ran for 1,550 yards and 15 touchdowns and had 22 catches for 453 yards and six TDs. Chase Mapps is the top returning wide receiver, with 19 catches for 235 yards and three TDs.

Other players to watch: WR Tyler Burton, WR Antonio Robinson, LB Braylon Brown, DB Chance Mapps, DB Chanse Holiday

3. Celina
Coach: Bill Elliott
2018 record: 7-5; 3-3 District 7-4A Division I
2018 postseason: Class 4A Division I Region II semifinalist
Returning starters: 5 offense, 6 defense

RB Logan Point, committed to Navy, has run for 2,566 yards and 36 touchdowns the last two years. He ranked third among area 4A players in rushing yards last season, with 1,662. QB Hunter Watson threw for 1,498 yards and 17 touchdowns and was Celina's second-leading rusher with 336 yards and six TDs. DJ Dell'Anno is moving up from the JV and gives Watson a 6-7 target at wide receiver.

Other players to watch: WR Luke Addy, DE Logan Walker, MLB Logan Engle, FS Trent Espinosa

4. Midlothian Heritage
Coach: Lee Wiginton
2018 record: 11-2; 5-0 District 9-4A Division I
2018 postseason: Class 4A Division I Region III semifinalist
Returning starters: 6 offense, 5 defense

Three players are battling for the starting quarterback job and the chance to replace Landon Ledbetter, who threw for 3,288 yards and a 4A-area best 46 touchdowns in 2018. Jay Wilkerson is the top returning receiver among area 4A players, with 1,194 yards and 19 touchdowns. Cullen Stone is the top returning running back, with 440 yards, and he will share carries with Brody Greeson and Latray Miller. Linebacker Konner Jones was the District 9-4A Defensive MVP and an honorable-mention all-state selection. DL Kolton May was the district's Defensive Sophomore of the Year.

Other players to watch: WR Haydon Wiginton, QB/DB Cade Sumbler, LB Noah Gray, LB D'Angelo Freeman

5. Wilmer-Hutchins
Wilmer-Hutchins head coach Elzie Barnett stands with his team for the national anthem before the start of their high school bi-district state playoff football game against Kennedale in Cedar Hill, Texas, Friday, November 11, 2016. Mike Stone/Special Contributor

Coach: Elzie Barnett
2018 record: 9-2; 6-0 District 8-4A Division I
Returning starters: 4 offense, 3 defense

QB Kyle Douglas Jr. was the District 8-4A Division I MVP and passed for 2,955 yards and accounted for 40 touchdowns (34 passing) while throwing only four interceptions. New starting running back Montay Duncan and wide receivers Jalin Moore (481 yards) and Bontay Duncan will play key roles in an explosive offense that averaged 39.2 points and 427.7 yards of total offense per game. Duncan was the district defensive newcomer of the year last season.

Other players to watch: OL Taquan Lewis, FS Elzie Barnett Jr., SS Billy Monroe III, DT Marlon Brown

6. Carter
Coach: Patrick Williams
2018 record: 6-5; 4-2 District 8-4A Division I
Returning starters: 6 offense, 7 defense

The big name is 6-3, 300-pound DT Branard Wright, rated the eighth-best recruit and second-best defensive lineman in the Dallas area in the Class of 2020. Wright lists 29 college offers, including national champion Clemson and national runner-up Alabama. Kace Williams threw for 2,010 yards and 24 touchdowns, and WR Tailon Garrett averaged 20.5 yards per catch and had 31 receptions for 634 yards and nine TDs. Jamalrian Jones takes over as the starting running back after rushing for 287 yards on limited carries.

Other players to watch: WR Redd Walker, DE Randy Anthony, LB Kade Williams, FS Johnny Gee

7. Kennedale
Coach: Richard Barrett
2018 record: 9-3; 6-0 District 6-4A Division I
Returning starters: 2 offense, 4 defense

Last season was the ninth time in 11 years that Kennedale won at least nine games. JD Coffey, rated the fourth-best safety in the nation in the Class of 2021, had 61 tackles and seven interceptions and will lead a talented secondary that includes CB Wayne Landry (district defensive newcomer of the year). An offense that averaged 40.7 points and 262.1 rushing yards lost the district offensive MVP (QB Evan Jowers) and its top two rushers and top two receivers. FB Micah Conner is the top returning rusher after running for 583 yards and five touchdowns while averaging 7.8 yards per carry.

Other players to watch: RB/LB Marlete Joyner, OL/DL Junior Seay, DT Jordan Price, CB Elijah Williams

8. Sunnyvale
Coach: John Settle
2018 record: 9-1; 5-0 District 5-4A Division II
Returning starters: 7 offense, 8 defense
Sunnyvale has averaged 9.8 wins per season the last five years, and last season was the eighth straight year that it won at least seven games. QB Tripp McAda was the District 5-4A Division II MVP, averaged 110.4 rushing yards per game and accounted for 40 touchdowns (15 passing, 25 rushing). LB Devin Sterling (129 tackles) was the district's defensive MVP and will also be used at running back. RB Obi Arinze (574 yards, seven TDs rushing) was first-team all-district, as were TE/DE Ashton Wright, OL Sam Bartis and LB Jake Taylor (109 tackles).

Other players to watch: WR Noah Mcdill, WR/DB Will Van Vessem, OL Alex Spera, DL/OL Daniel Cortez

9. Carrollton Ranchview
Coach: Terry Smith
2018 record: 5-5; 3-3 District 8-4A Division I

Oklahoma pledge Michael Henderson played quarterback before an ankle injury derailed his junior season. The four-star recruit will play H-back and outside linebacker in 2019. Caleb Arnold and Shun Mizuno are battling for the starting quarterback job. The winner will be throwing to all-district slotback Dorian Windley and sophomore Elijah Penny. The secondary should be a strength with safety Chauncey Penny and CB/SB Clevon Harmon.

Other players to watch: RB/LB Chris Cotton, RB Jonovan Eichelberger, OL Kawun Govan, ILB Kennedy Wood

10. Ferris
Coach: Brandon Layne
2018 record: 6-4; 3-1 District 4-4A Division II
Returning starters: 5 offense, 4 defense

WR Matthew Nunez had an extraordinary junior year, accounting for 1,100 of Ferris' 1,241 receiving yards and catching all 12 of the team's touchdown passes. He had a pair of 200-yard receiving games and averaged 26.8 yards per catch. Nate Aguinaga, one of the team's best athletes, moves to quarterback after playing wide receiver and free safety. Kayden Barnes, a physical runner with breakaway speed, replaces 1,300-yard rusher Damian Edwards as the starting running back.

Other players to watch: DB/WR Patrick Blair, DB/WR Demarcus Rankin, DL Desmond King, LB Antonio Lopez

Wait....Ranchview??? 

8 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

And the best of the bunch at the moment is the recently opened one (Reedy).

Reedy stacked. 

5A is gonna be fun to watch this year. Both divisions.

Of course Aledo and HP are the big dogs in the room but teams like Marshall, Huntsville, Reedy, Lone Star, John Tyler, SOC, Lufkin, FB Marshall, Denton Ryan etc will all be interesting to watch.

That Poteet-Ryan game Week 1 gonna be worth the price of admission. Poteet is a 5A DFW sleeper. 

4 hours ago, WulfTangClan said:

Reedy stacked. 

5A is gonna be fun to watch this year. Both divisions.

Of course Aledo and HP are the big dogs in the room but teams like Marshall, Huntsville, Reedy, Lone Star, John Tyler, SOC, Lufkin, FB Marshall, Denton Ryan etc will all be interesting to watch.

That Poteet-Ryan game Week 1 gonna be worth the price of admission. Poteet is a 5A DFW sleeper. 

I plan on being at that game.

5A will be ridiculous.  Heck Ryan's district ALONE will be interesting if Grapevine and Birdville are anywhere close to how they were last season.

On 8/20/2019 at 11:59 AM, DevilDog said:

Won't be long until Frisco ISD is bigger than Garland, Arlington and Fort Worth. Won't ever catch up with Dallas. 

1 hour ago, Cracker said:

Did not know that.

One of the Fastest public school district in the nation.  

The district is one of the largest in Texas and the nation. In 1995, Frisco ISD had four schools. Since then, the district has added 64 new schools, opening two to six campuses annually. No public school district in the country grew faster from 1990–1991 to 2010–2011, according to the National Center for Education Statistics.

the largest cities in C.C.

Plano 2010: 261,222.   2018: 288,061. 10% growth

McKinney 2010: 132,943.  2018:  191,645. 44%

Frisco 2010: 118,192. 2018: 188,170 59%

Richardson 2010: 99 581.  2018: 120 981 21%

Allen 2010: 84,920.  2018: 103,383 22%

Frisco is the only one with more than 4 Public High Schools

Princeton, Prosper, Celina and Melissa all have more than doubled their populations.  Each grown over 100%.  

• Like 1