What up Texas?

DevilDog

16 hours ago, DevilDog said:

One of the Fastest public school district in the nation.  

The district is one of the largest in Texas and the nation. In 1995, Frisco ISD had four schools. Since then, the district has added 64 new schools, opening two to six campuses annually. No public school district in the country grew faster from 1990–1991 to 2010–2011, according to the National Center for Education Statistics.

the largest cities in C.C.

Plano 2010: 261,222.   2018: 288,061. 10% growth

McKinney 2010: 132,943.  2018:  191,645. 44%

Frisco 2010: 118,192. 2018: 188,170 59%

Richardson 2010: 99 581.  2018: 120 981 21%

Allen 2010: 84,920.  2018: 103,383 22%

Frisco is the only one with more than 4 Public High Schools

Princeton, Prosper, Celina and Melissa all have more than doubled their populations.  Each grown over 100%.  

Isn't all of Richardson ISD in Dallas County?

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Richardson is one of those cities that is located in 2 counties -  Mostly Dallas and smaller area is in Collin County

I mean Richardson ISD. Some parts of Richardson go to Plano Schools, but Richardson ISD is all in Dallas County.

NVM, you were talking about cities...

Several 5A's with impressive scrimmages so far.

SOC over West Mesquite 70-14 last week. They have Bishop Dunne tonight. Keith Smith a 9th grader, a future name to remember for them.

Marshall dominated in their 3 team scrimmage vs Carter and Wilson last night.

21 hours ago, mustangman21 said:

As a Texas fan it's fine with me. Haven't heard good things about his attitude and work ethic. No doubt his talent is unmatched, but happy with the players UT has committed. 

Sadly, I’ve heard the same thing from someone in the know.  Not necessarily about his work ethic, but his attitude and his extracurriculars away from the field.  He’s got several red flags associated with him.  

Banks, David, and Flagg couldn’t be more opposite than him though.  They are all great kids.

8 hours ago, WulfTangClan said:

Several 5A's with impressive scrimmages so far.

SOC over West Mesquite 70-14 last week. They have Bishop Dunne tonight. Keith Smith a 9th grader, a future name to remember for them.

Marshall dominated in their 3 team scrimmage vs Carter and Wilson last night.

What position does Keith Smith play??

the coach is really excited about this freshman class and the apparent next.... plus u hear they have two freshmen with offers....

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

I have been talking with someone who eats, sleeps, and drinks Texas football state wide and he says both Duncanville and North Shore are beat up with injuries 

Would not be shocked if both lost a game in predistrict.  Katy is healthy and very capable of beating NS next week. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 3:16 PM, Texasball said:

I am hearing that Blackshire could be out for the season and they have few more that probably will not play until district.

The St. Johns game could be painful to watch!

On 8/22/2019 at 12:37 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

posting to the Excuse Thread

Give it a break.  Tenured posters, unlike you, know the difference between an excuse and a legitimate report on an injury.

Possibly losing a key player (or several) is simply a statement of fact.

Whining about having to play in a monsoon, for instance, is an excuse.

This is a national forum.  Go sharpen up on your local board until you can figure out the difference.

2 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

Give it a break.  Tenured posters, unlike you, know the difference between an excuse and a legitimate report on an injury.

Possibly losing a key player (or several) is simply a statement of fact.

Whining about having to play in a monsoon, for instance, is an excuse.

This is a national forum.  Go sharpen up on your local board until you can figure out the difference.

All teams get banged up.  All teams have injuries.  Plus The word on the street is Texas is DEEP

26 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Poor off season conditioning is part of the game.

If you’re poll of fake tiers had any meaning you would know that Duncanville athletes are well trained in three areas - speed, strength, and conditioning!

As far as the injuries are concerned- I am just reporting to my Texas friends what I have been told.

I for one still believe Duncanville will be ok vs SJC

• Like 1