What up Texas?

DevilDog

3 hours ago, Texasfrog said:

Question... Is California going to send their State Champ 4X100 relay team back to Texas this year so they can get smoked again.

TEXAS SPEED BABY!!!

Wah wah wah. Talking about track teams and praying nobody realizes we’re talking about football teams. Come play Cali next year. Anybody you send gets the running clock. Not 1 team in tx as good as SFA and they had to fight to not get the running clock. Jaquiden can’t save you next year. NS won’t have the firepower. Katy’s offense.... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Please talk about espn rankings some more 😂😂😂😂 Same rankings that had b young as a 4 star with an 86 ranking. Yeah those are credible. 😂😂😉 As credible as your football takes. Only you hermit. Hey, will you answer my question yet? I thought st Johns was much better than st frances like you said? (I’ll attach the pic) You beat a sorry St. John’s team by 21 at HOME, while MD put 53 on them 3,000 miles away from home. St. John’s still better than them? Or are you just sad the tx state champ won’t finish in the top 3 nationally? 

A93D750B-A75E-466D-BB0F-D9CDCE056727.jpeg

Go to TexasLive and watch Alvin Shadow Creek vs Friendswood.

Then let's put all the crap to rest about how awesome teams like Servite, JSERRRA and Santa Margarita are.

None of those teams would beat Shadow Creek,TX.

Sm sucks. Jserra and servite would go 9-1 with duncanville and katys schedule this year. Just facts. Servite/Jserra would love to play Skyline Berkner cinco ranch Morton ranch seven lakes. Lol they get jv games till the playoffs. Must be nice. Servite and jserra wouldn’t know what that’s like. (Only losses to MD SJB Gorman and SJR from Jersey) That tough district play you keep talking about sounds like a BREEZE. They’d be 9-1 with a loss respectively to St. John’s and to north shore, considering one played dv’s Schedule and one plays Katy schedule. Like I’ve asked in the other comments that you’ve refused to answer, please refute. 

12 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

By 2024 😂😂😂😭 hahahahahhaahaha 5 years in the future hermit? Can’t say I expected this even from you 😂😂😂😂 Man this is too good. Talent ain’t going anywhere. We got two squads maybe 3 that would put the running clock on your state champ. Go ahead, talk about Bryce’s commute lol. Your states signature win (st johns at HOME) looks like garbage now. Let’s talk playa. I’m waiting for you to respond to that comment about St. John’s being better than st frances. Let’s hear it big man 

Dville will be fine next year.  I keep warning everyone that the Qb coming up for Dville Is going to end up being the best player in the nation.   He will also be sitting behind probably the best OLine in the nation next year.  Dville is basically playing sophs and juniors right now.  

39 minutes ago, Texasboys23 said:

Dville will be fine next year.  I keep warning everyone that the Qb coming up for Dville Is going to end up being the best player in the nation.   He will also be sitting behind probably the best OLine in the nation next year.  Dville is basically playing sophs and juniors right now.  

Dville doesn't have to go recruit kids from all over Dallas/Fort Worth to come play for them.  They just have them all living within 25 miles of the campus.

Mater Dei Coach Rollison.."QB Bryce Young commutes 45 minutes to school each day."

Dville doesn't have to go recruit kids from all over Dallas/Fort Worth to come play for them.  They just have them all living within 25 miles of the campus.

Mater Dei Coach Rollison.."QB Bryce Young commutes 45 minutes to school each day."

My question to you Texan to Texan is what is wrong with kids going to better situations in high school to help with their development as a player for the future.  A lot of times, kids are shell shocked when they go to college and learn that there are people just as good as them, causing them to transfer and go to lower tier schools, and often losing love for the game.  The kid made a good decisions by going to that school and playing the best competetion possible on the high school level throughout the country.  I see nothing wrong with that.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Texasboys23 said:

I’m positive Dv is loaded with underclassmen talent. It’s a great program and great programs don’t just run out of kids. Also good to hear because I’m hearing about a possible SFA/Dv match up for next year. SFA thinks they’re the greatest hsfb team after last weeks img game so if that game happens I want Dv to shut em down. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I’m positive Dv is loaded with underclassmen talent. It’s a great program and great programs don’t just run out of kids. Also good to hear because I’m hearing about a possible SFA/Dv match up for next year. SFA thinks they’re the greatest hsfb team after last weeks img game so if that game happens I want Dv to shut em down. 

Hopefully SJB will play that game instead of SFA.

4 hours ago, Texasboys23 said:

My question to you Texan to Texan is what is wrong with kids going to better situations in high school to help with their development as a player for the future.  A lot of times, kids are shell shocked when they go to college and learn that there are people just as good as them, causing them to transfer and go to lower tier schools, and often losing love for the game.  The kid made a good decisions by going to that school and playing the best competetion possible on the high school level throughout the country.  I see nothing wrong with that.  

What's a better situation?   Going to Allen, SLC,  Katy,  North Shore over staying at Lovejoy,  Sealy or C.E King?

When you hear Coach Rollison and Negro say... "We lose just as many transfers as we have coming in."

Do you know what that means?  It means that those kids see the handwriting on the wall and that they aren't going to get to play much their Junior/Senior year because teams like Mater Dei and SJB recruited "wink-wink" some 5-Star/4-Star prospect to come in and play that position and the kid says.. I'm out of here.

I'm also not a fan of Private Schools competing with Public Schools for State Titles in the same division.  

There is two Private Schools in the UIL (Dallas Jesuit and Strake Jesuit) and it took an act of Congress and so many checks& balances before that was even allowed because everyone knew the slippery slope of allowing Private Schools into the Public School Sports system.

I don't agree that the coaching at Mater Dei or SJB is heads & toes ahead of many other coaching staffs around Southern California.   The only thing Mater Dei and SJB have done is to successfully corner the market on getting highly regarded prospects  to transfer to their programs.

As long as the current system is in place in California (CIF) there will be only two big dogs in the near and distant future there.  (Mater Dei and SJB).     

The Southern Section CIF Title will be the California State Title and it will be Mater Dei vs SJB and you can buy your tickets on August 30th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texasfrog said:

What's a better situation?   Going to Allen, SLC,  Katy,  North Shore over staying at Lovejoy,  Sealy or C.E King?

When you hear Coach Rollison and Negro say... "We lose just as many transfers as we have coming in."

Do you know what that means?  It means that those kids see the handwriting on the wall and that they aren't going to get to play much their Junior/Senior year because teams like Mater Dei and SJB recruited "wink-wink" some 5-Star/4-Star prospect to come in and play that position and the kid says.. I'm out of here.

I'm also not a fan of Private Schools competing with Public Schools for State Titles in the same division.  

I don't agree that the coaching at Mater Dei or SJB is heads & toes ahead of many other coaching staffs around Southern California.   The only thing Mater Dei and SJB have done is to successfully corner the market on getting highly regarded prospects  to transfer to their programs.

You didn’t answer his question. Kids going to play in the best programs to prepare them for the future. Who is ready to play on saturdays from day one? Kids that are prepared at  MD SJB DV Katy Allen etc. why? The best programs produce the best players. Why? Because the best coaching is at those programs. That’s shuts down your comment about MD or Bosco not having better coaches. Katy coaches are equivalent to those of skyline or thompkins? Or is it not the same because Katy plays in your state? That’s all there is to it. Can’t blame any family for wanting their child to be prepared for the next level. Where does alabama Clemson Oregon LSU uT etc go first when they recruit in California or Texas? The programs listed above. Better program with better coaching = better opportunity for student athletes. Kids want to play in CIFSS/ State title game. Kids want to play in the tx state title in front of thousands. What programs are available to provide that? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Allen needs to take on the other, it’s about time for them to step up the comp

This situation at Allen is, Coach Gambill is not going to play oos if Texas team is willing to play them.  That what happened this year...GSB had Allen hooked up Georgia team and they ended up playing Dickinson because Dickinson stepped up.  We will see what happens this coming season.

2 minutes ago, Texasball said:

This situation at Allen is, Coach Gambill is not going to play oos if Texas team is willing to play them.  That what happened this year...GSB had Allen hooked up Georgia team and they ended up playing Dickinson because Dickinson stepped up.  We will see what happens this coming season.

Now that I think of it, I think their predistrict is already set with guyer and atascocita. I saw that on a podcast interview.  

52 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

You didn’t answer his question. Kids going to play in the best programs to prepare them for the future. Who is ready to play on saturdays from day one? Kids that are prepared at  MD SJB DV Katy Allen etc. why? The best programs produce the best players. Why? Because the best coaching is at those programs. That’s shuts down your comment about MD or Bosco not having better coaches. Katy coaches are equivalent to those of skyline or thompkins? Or is it not the same because Katy plays in your state? That’s all there is to it. Can’t blame any family for wanting their child to be prepared for the next level. Where does alabama Clemson Oregon LSU uT etc go first when they recruit in California or Texas? The programs listed above. Better program with better coaching = better opportunity for student athletes. Kids want to play in CIFSS/ State title game. Kids want to play in the tx state title in front of thousands. What programs are available to provide that? 

I am just telling it like it really is in Texas.  

Concerning Coaching - In Texas even the small schools have big staffs and good coaching.

As you know in today’s world if you have talent College programs will find you.  Look at all the players that have transferred to the Trinity League with big time offers already.

Katy Taylor has two of the best OL kids in the country.  The only thing they would gain by figuring way to transfer over to Katy High is possibility of state championship.  They would not be any better players for it, because they are already getting great coaching and training.

Melissa HS just stone throw north of Allen...They will be 4A D1 the next two seasons and then they will be 5A.  They have multiple D1 kids on the team now who would play at Allen if their parents wanted to move short distance.  No need they already have offers and good coaching.  They don’t have stadium like Allen.  However, they have beautiful new campus and are building what will be arguably the nicest athletic facilities in this country.

facilty will have top of the line Locker rooms, meeting rooms/film rooms with theatre seating, large state of the art training room, coaches offices, AD office, wt room that is roughly 6500 sq ft , and under the same ruff will be indoor practice field that is regulation in size including endzones with 10 yard boundary around that.  The point is in Texas just about everyone has nice facilities and great coaching.  It’s just some of things that makes Texas different and is why our state has great football depth.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I am just telling it like it really is in Texas.  

Concerning Coaching - In Texas even the small schools have big staffs and good coaching.

As you know in today’s world if you have talent College programs will find you.  Look at all the players that have transferred to the Trinity League with big time offers already.

Katy Taylor has two of the best OL kids in the country.  The only thing they would gain by figuring way to transfer over to Katy High is possibility of state championship.  They would not be any better players for it, because they are already getting great coaching and training.

Melissa HS just stone throw north of Allen...They will be 4A D1 the next two seasons and then they will be 5A.  They have multiple D1 kids on the team now who would play at Allen if their parents wanted to move short distance.  No need they already have offers and good coaching.  They don’t have stadium like Allen.  However, they have beautiful new campus and are building what will be arguably the nicest athletic facilities in this country.

facilty will have top of the line Locker rooms, meeting rooms/film rooms with theatre seating, large state of the art training room, coaches offices, AD office, wt room that is roughly 6500 sq ft , and under the same ruff will be indoor practice field that is regulation in size including endzones with 10 yard boundary around that.  The point is in Texas just about everyone has nice facilities and great coaching.  It’s just some of things that makes Texas different and is why our state has great football depth.

I absolutely agree that if the player has the talent they will find them regardless of where they’re playing at. However I believe that the preparation at katy or Allen or slc etc is much better than at a smaller school. Kids want to play as true freshman when they get to college and in my opinion there’s no better place to do that than at a big program like those I’ve mentioned. If you play at a top school in tx that means come playoff time you’re playing elite competition on big stages. Elite competition and playing in a big time atmosphere prepares you for the next level. I do respect the impressive facilities throughout the state but I also have a tough time believing the coaching  at Allen or whatever big time program is equivalent to those at smaller schools. Texas has great depth and talent spread all over but let’s be real, the top two prospects in the state jj and Zach Evans play at two of the premier programs in the state. I wouldn’t blame a single family for wanting to follow their footsteps. Katy NS was standing room only in early August, now I may be wrong and please correct me if I am but I just don’t see that being the case at a 4A school. I believe the best coaches are at the best programs and that is a major reason for their success. And those programs bring in the sell out crowds and national attention. 

18 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I absolutely agree that if the player has the talent they will find them regardless of where they’re playing at. However I believe that the preparation at katy or Allen or slc etc is much better than at a smaller school. Kids want to play as true freshman when they get to college and in my opinion there’s no better place to do that than at a big program like those I’ve mentioned. If you play at a top school in tx that means come playoff time you’re playing elite competition on big stages. Elite competition and playing in a big time atmosphere prepares you for the next level. I do respect the impressive facilities throughout the state but I also have a tough time believing the coaching  at Allen or whatever big time program is equivalent to those at smaller schools. Texas has great depth and talent spread all over but let’s be real, the top two prospects in the state jj and Zach Evans play at two of the premier programs in the state. I wouldn’t blame a single family for wanting to follow their footsteps. Katy NS was standing room only in early August, now I may be wrong and please correct me if I am but I just don’t see that being the case at a 4A school. I believe the best coaches are at the best programs and that is a major reason for their success. And those programs bring in the sell out crowds and national attention. 

Keep watching year after year for the top player in Texas to see which program that player comes from.

Adrain Petterson and Vince Young are two just quickly off the top of my head who didn’t come from elite winning programs.

The best football coach in the state is Scott Surratt at Carthage TX class 4A - Div 1

2 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Keep watching year after year for the top player in Texas to see which program that player comes from.

Adrain Petterson and Vince Young are two just quickly off the top of my head who didn’t come from elite winning programs.

The best football coach in the state is Scott Surratt at Carthage TX class 4A - Div 1

He’s also one of the highest paid regardless of class. 

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

I’m watching that one on texanslive and shadow creek I’ll watch later.  SC is a good looking 5A team.  They will surprise some folks this year  

I watched the Shadow Creek vs Friendswood game.   Shadow Creek is really good this year and they have a great looking Junior QB.

5 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Why is he at carthage? Just curious as to why he’s not leading a big time texas program that competes nationally. Not saying he isn’t the best coach just wondering why he’s coaching a lower level of football

4 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Why is he at carthage? Just curious as to why he’s not leading a big time texas program that competes nationally. Not saying he isn’t the best coach just wondering why he’s coaching a lower level of football

Because 99.99% of the Texas HS coaches could  give a crap about all that National Mythical  BS.  That's why.

You Non-TX dudes really think all these Texas HS Public School coaches are scanning all these National Polls to see where their ranked..     

Just now, HurricaneNick said:

I know him and he loves East Texas and he believes pound for pound the best football in the country is played in East Texas.  I agree with him.

He makes great money living in area he and his wife love!