What up Texas?

DevilDog

13 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Klein Oak was able to beat 2nd round Texas teams and play a semifinalist from Texas to a 7 point game

Aledo vs Guyer

Guyer 60 Aledo 57

So this team in your 4th class, played the team we're talking about to a 3 point game,  but this Guyer team will roll Servite. Yea, k

Do you understand the concept of what happened one year have no reflection on the next.  Do I think because DLS lost to ET that magically ET is perpetually better than them?   That's silly.   Aledo teams are not all the same every damn year as is no others.  In Texas every year I can show all kind of examples from 4A - 6A tying things up to make a point.   Aledo played without their best player in that game.  It's like Liberty beating Westlake withOUT Ehlinger .   I have no dog in the fight with Aledo vs. Amat.   You should use it forever to prove a point about Aledo and Texas.  Archive it and bookmark it.   Let it not have an expiration.  

The Year ET beat DLS.   5A Lancaster gave them a game just as tough.   See how that works.  Also SLC was a tougher game.  DLS was not their toughest opponent in 2015. 

2015 ET 12  Lancaster 8 end of 3rd qtr .  

ET 19   DLS 14 end of 3rd.  Took a 12 pt lead in the 4th.  DLS throws hail mary trick play at games end.  

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Do you understand the concept of what happened one year have no reflection on the next.  Do I think because DLS lost to ET that magically ET is perpetually better than them.   That's silly.   Aledo teams are not all the same every damn year as is no others.  In Texas every year I can show all kind of examples from 4A - 6A tying things up to make a point.   Aledo played without their best player in that game.  It's like Liberty beating Westlake with Ehlinger .   I have no dog in the fight with Aledo vs. Amat.   You should use it forever to prove a point about Aledo and Texas.  It has no expiration.  

The Year ET beat DLS.   5A Lancaster gave them a game just as tough.   See how that works.  Also SLC was a tougher game.  DLS was not their toughest opponent. 

2015 ET 12  Lancaster 8 end of 3rd qtr .  

ET 19   DLS 14 end of 3rd.  Took a 12 pt lead in the 4th.  DLS throws hail mary trick play at games end.  

ET was gifted a TD before halftime as well. You think Lancaster could've beaten DLS  

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

That's the problem you inflate those teams -  Denton Guyer has better team than Servite and anyone with decent football eye can see that!

I believe, as do most coaches that the resulting TX football champion is the best single team per their Division, as a result of the 64 team bracket starting position  Like March madness does it.  The D1 6A team is usually considered the best among all teams, with some exception every now and then being the 6A D2, or 5A team that has cred.  This year, if Guyer wins the state title (6A D2) will not be considered the best given the level of competition in 6A D1.  Nothing taken away from their QB, but a QB does not a football team make.

Servite, this year is demoted below the MD/SJB level, much like Guyer below Dville/North Shore/SLC.

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

ET was gifted a TD before halftime as well. You think Lancaster could've beaten DLS  

What TD was gifted.  ET also fumbled ona drive going in for a TD.   You think DLS would have beat everyone in Texas that year?  DLS would get smoked after the 3rd most years here in Texas. That's what makes them a Joke with 7 Championships in 14 years.  No one here have more than 8 in 97 years.  I don't know what they would have done to Lancaster since other 5A teams equaled SGP who beat ET.  So hell I guess anything is possible in a State with a lot of quality teams.  

ET had a 98 yard drive against DLS  a school Record and passed the ball twice. They mashed them for 98 yards.   JaRon Wilson made All State running over DLS.   ET is not a Texas Speed team either. 

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

What TD was gifted.  ET also fumbled ona drive going in for a TD.   You think DLS would have beat everyone in Texas that year?  DLS would get smoked after the 3rd most years here in Texas. That's what makes them a Joke with 7 Championships in 14 years.  No one here have more than 8 in 97 years.  I don't know what they would have done to Lancaster since other 5A teams equaled SGP who beat ET.  So hell I guess anything is possible in a State with a lot of quality teams.  

ET had a 98 yard drive against DLS  a school Record and passed the ball twice. They mashed them for 98 yards.   JaRon Wilson made All State running over DLS.  

The reverse fumble.  DLS runs the ball out there instead of being stupid aggressive they're up at the half

They should've been able to run the clock out at the end to, but couldn't Devil

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

The reverse fumble.  DLS runs the ball out there instead of being stupid aggressive they're up at the half

Do you think DLS would have 7 Texas State Championships in the last 14 years?  We know they would not in 2015 with their most talented team in those 14  years.  This should be fun.   They did this in your Big Boy Football.   Hell ET has lost to a 5A team over the last 5 years. 

That's why we don't get all giddy over the smack about these greatest teams ever.  We heard this 3.5 years ago.  

You are free to reference Aledo vs. Amat as a get out of jail free card as well. 

57 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Trinity league is silky soft outside of the big 2  

MD nor SJB has great defense.  I have been saying all year that MD defense could be had.

SFA offense does not strike fear in anyone...They are one dimensional run heavy offense.

The schedule was brought up by Steeler 

How do we even know without shadow of doubt that SFA is all that -  See schedule already done playing - played couple of good teams and got beat in one of those.  

If the trinity is silky soft what is Slc’s schedule called? Garbage or trash? Now back to the original question, does Slc put up those numbers playing anyone decent? SFA SJC SJB Cen10 Az st champ? That’s 5 teams that probably beat Slc, 4 beat them for sure. Interesting that SFA is in question now. Did a number on IMG worse than anyone ever has but i’m assuming IMG is no good & their defense isn’t as good as anyone of Slc’s opponents defenses correct? So again, are you saying that Slc puts up those numbers with MD’s schedule? 

Just now, DevilDog said:

Do you think DLS would have 7 Texas State Championships in the last 14 years?  We know they would not in 2015 with their most talented team in those 14  years.  This should be fun.   They did this in your Big Boy Football. 

That's why we don't get all giddy over the smack about these greatest teams ever.  We heard this 3.5 years ago.  

No,  I also don't think they beat 2014/2015 SJB but they didn't get to play because of the set up

Had CC miraculously beaten SJB and MD they'd still be huge underdogs vs DLS this year because of the match up

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Do you think DLS would have 7 Texas State Championships in the last 14 years?  We know they would not in 2015 with their most talented team in those 14  years.

No, we don't.

We know that they lost one regular season game by one score.

2-loss Westlake and 3-loss North Shore played for the 6A-I title that year.

🤡

• Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

If the trinity is silky soft what is Slc’s schedule called? Garbage or trash? Now back to the original question, does Slc put up those numbers playing anyone decent? SFA SJC SJB Cen10 Az st champ? That’s 5 teams that probably beat Slc, 4 beat them for sure. Interesting that SFA is in question now. Did a number on IMG worse than anyone ever has but i’m assuming IMG is no good & their defense isn’t as good as anyone of Slc’s opponents defenses correct? So again, are you saying that Slc puts up those numbers with MD’s schedule? 

I have already given my opinion on SFA ---Way too many unknowns - There schedule sucks.

SJC - would get whooped by several teams down here.

Cent AZ - went 9-2 this year got beat by Hamilton.  I have watched Hamilton this year and they are not very good.  In fact I made post couple of weeks ago saying that I believe AZ was way down this year.  I watched both of the semi final games this year on the NHFS network.

My personal opinion is that the good ole boy ranking system worked in the favor of MD / SJB this year -  Everyone said they was super duper good before they ever lined up.

MD is one dimensional this year and the defense was good but not great and it finally got them beat.   SJB is not the only one who could have done that!