What up Texas?

DevilDog

3 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Elite Texas team=Duncanville(That's it from the teams I've watched) And they lack a passing game, but only a couple of national teams can force them to pass(Great defense against the run, but they can be had in the air. Their pass rush is non-existent without blitzing)

NorthShore, Katy, Martin, Rockwall, Allen etc......... None of them are elite.

True.  Dville is missing a big time corner and Blackshire is pretty good in the passing game (10x better than his replacement).  The thing is they can send 6 every play and you won’t even get the ball off.  

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Yesterday I said DJ for Bosco isn't a 5 star QB. You clowns would defend a QB from Texas regardless if he is or isn't(Haynes King isn't a 4 star either). That's the problem with you homers, you're on here to push your state instead of quality football

Haynes kind imo was always a 3star recruit. Which is what he was before he started going to camps after winning the state title. He was rated so high due to his athleticism and camp performances. 

Another look into 4A DI and why I say the teams at the top are top 25 Teams in Texas and can go toe to toe with 5A DI teams. 

Calallen is a 5A DII Power that is still in the Playoffs and beat 6A DI playoff team San Benito 28-20. They played 4A DI Needville 2 weeks later and won 20 - 19.  Needville lost in the area round to 4ADI Power (13-0) #5 Lampassas 66 -44 and is not even ranked in the top 20 in 4ADI.  W.F Rider  in 5A Playoffs and W.F Rider is still kicking ass in 5ADII but 4ADI #13 Power Dumas (13-0) beat them by 2 Td's.  🤣  Rider beat 5A DI power Amarillo who beat 6A Power Tascosa who is in the 6A Regional finals.  Amarillo lost to 6A Frenship who lost to 4A W.F. Hirschi.  So glad 5A split and play these cross classifications and destroyed all those old myths about bigger schools in Texas and the depth myth.  Having 30 more fat kids that suck doesn't mean more depth.  The top 15 4A DI teams played a lot of 5A teams and the results are not good for 5A.  Some 5ADI teams like Arlington Heights 2 classes larger lost to #6 4ADI Springtown 21 -7.  Now shouldn't all that depth beat them because they have 500 - 800 more kids.   Melissa and Frisco was another match up with ranked 4A and 5A.    Frisco #22 5ADII beat 4A DI #9 Melissa 48 - 41.  Again very competitive.  T.C. Cedar Hill TAPPS #1 and 4A #1  Argyle beat Melissa easily.

Calallen (12-1)  finished the year ranked #6 in 5A DII .  Needville is not even ranked in the top 20 in 4ADI. 

8 hours ago, Texasvic said:

Haynes kind imo was always a 3star recruit. Which is what he was before he started going to camps after winning the state title. He was rated so high due to his athleticism and camp performances. 

He's a 4 star, I wouldn't say 5 but definitely 4.

Only two losses by combined 3 points since 2017, only experienced 3-4 losses since 7th grade.

His career at Longview was impressive.

19 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Remember Steeler01 said this wasn't an elite Team in Texas. Though @Horsefly told us about them before the season started.  

Let’s see - I know they have 3OL with D1 offers -  Now the reporter here says they have 5 receivers with offerers.  I also seen the JR RB has over from LSU

They suck - signed Steeler and guru

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, DevilDog said:

@Texasball @Horsefly

Guys I just found out about this new entertainment district that's right near the Death Star and the Rangers new Stadium. Arlington is going all out.  Let's hit this place up before the S.C. games.  

https://texas-live.com/

https://texas-live.com/eat-and-drink

Them burgers might get expensive down there...haha 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, DevilDog said:
Video: KVUE

Texas Longhorns make numerous changes to coaching staff amid bowl game preparation

Todd Orlando and Drew Mehringer have been fired by the University of Texas. Offensive coordinator Tim Beck has been relieved of his offensive coordinator duties.

AUSTIN, Texas — The Texas Longhorns have made a number of changes in its coaching staff before beginning bowl game preparations and taking part in the National Signing Day period from Dec. 18 through Dec. 20.

Texas Athletics said three assistant coaches have been relieved of their duties: defensive coordinator Todd Orlando and wide receiver coach Drew Mehringer have been fired, and inside receivers coach Corby Meekins has been relieved of his duties, but will continue to serve "for the immediate future in an administrative capacity."

Every College Head-Coach that knows he has one season left to get it right...  Usually does a clean-house of his staff.

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Let’s see - I know they have 3OL with D1 offers -  Now the reporter here says they have 5 receivers with offerers.  I also seen the JR RB has over from LSU

They suck - signed Steeler and guru

QB (Brice Matthews) is an All-American caliber baseball player (3B/SS) already committed to Nebraska and will probably be taken in the MLB draft next year.

19 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

2019 CIF Title Game:

SJB-  QB: DJ Uiagalelei   405 yards passing- 5 Tds.

MD-  QB:  Bryce Young    444 yards passing- 5 Tds.

But Duncanville can be beat because they can be passed on!!🤠

It's interesting to me that @steeler01 views them as team who can be passed on - I believe what he is saying is (exploited) in this regard.

We will find out in the coming weeks.

They play 2 of the very best passing teams in the country the next two weeks in SLC and if they win that one possibly Rockwall

I respect those to Cali passing games above -  I will tell you SLC and Rockwall match that ability in the passing game.

Call me Texas homer - There is not better QB in the country right now than the kid at SLC!

Remember the MD fan that watched him vs Guyer and what he had to say?  This kid has serious arm talent and he can move!

8 minutes ago, Texasball said:

It's interesting to me that @steeler01 views them as team who can be passed on - I believe what he is saying is (exploited) in this regard.

They play 2 of the very best passing teams in the country the next two weeks in SLC and if they win that one possibly Rockwall

I respect those to Cali passing games above -  I will tell you SLC and Rockwall match that ability in the passing game.

Call me Texas homer - There is not better QB in the country right now than the kid at SLC!

Remember the MD fan that watched him vs Guyer and what he had to say?  This kid has serious arm talent and he can move!

He is good.  But also think he will be more uncomfortable Saturday than he has all season. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

He is good.  But also think he will be more uncomfortable Saturday than he has all season. 

I agree... but the Denton Guyer team he played against isnt void of some top-end defensive players.

But I hear ya..  DV defense is probably another beast..  

Even though (Duncanville) ..."Can't really rush the passer and don't have a good pass defense."=== Steeler😉

15 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Ya... SLC has several O-line D1 kids,   TE (A&M),  couple of D1 WR's and elite blue-chip QB.  Plus the DB-MIckens (Clemson) plays some spot-duty at WR for SLC.

I would put SLC offensive game in the same league with Mater Dei and SJB.

So we'll get an idea here how DV would look on defense against Mater Dei or SJB.

Now.. this is where many of the CALI dudes come on and say...  "No way...No how... is SLC offense in the same league with Mater Dei or SJB!!!"😉