What up Texas?

DevilDog

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

It’s interesting that the trinity league is silky soft when it’s common knowledge that there isn’t one district in tx that’s as good. Funny how that works

districts are little different.

Now I could easily make district in DFW area that would trump the trinity league in quality depth and the schools would roughly be the same distance apart as the Trinity League.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Look dude we have 32 districts in Texas - So any issue have with regular season schedules would be trumped by the most overall dominate playoff system in the country

The first part is correct. Texas schedules suck because the state is very large and has a lot of big districts.

But the second part is complete nonsense.

95% of the brackets in Texas are garbage. And even the good bracket sucks in round 2-3.

• Thumbs Down 1

28 minutes ago, Texasball said:

When 2 trinity leagues team get beat in the 1st round of div 2 cif playoffs -  you must stop pimping that league like it has great teams.

Now if they put Duncanville back in the district with Desoto and Cedar Hill -  You are likely to see actual district tougher than the Trinity top to bottom.

When have all 3 teams been good at the same time?

Cedar hill and Desoto weren't anything to write home about this year. Not enough talent for all 3 to thrive

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

When have all 3 teams been good at the same time?

Cedar hill and Desoto weren't anything to write home about this year. Not enough talent for all 3 to thrive

You need to stop with this narrative.  It’s not talent it’s the coaching and other school issues.  The chill HC didn’t do squat at Seguin.  You stumbled badly the last time you went down this talent road.  

Do you know why Desoto is not thriving in football?  

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You need to stop with this narrative.  It’s not talent it’s the coaching and other school issues.  The chill HC didn’t do squat at Seguin.  You stumbled badly the last time you went down this talent road.  

Do you know why Desoto is not thriving in football?  

Is it true or isn't it?

In the last 15 years have they all fielded really good teams at the same time

Nobody stumbled,  you change the discussion to stuff that can't be proven(Opinions)

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

No,  I also don't think they beat 2014/2015 SJB but they didn't get to play because of the set up

Had CC miraculously beaten SJB and MD they'd still be huge underdogs vs DLS this year because of the match up

But they won 7 in 14 years.  I don't care what circumstances would have unfolded here there is no scenario that any team in Texas will win 7 Championships in 14 years at any level.  Texas is proof that is is the hardest State to win a State championship.  NO SCHOOL IN THIS STATE FROM 1A - 6A Have more than 8 in 97 years of HS Football playoffs.   Google most State Championships by State and see what you discover.  And many of these states with no depth will have a team with like 10 in 15 years.  Ridiculous.  DLS, HOOVER, JC, JENKS, UNION off the top of my head or examples.   LT and Allen are rare exceptions in Texas and hell even they don't have 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Is it true or isn't it?

In the last 15 years have they all fielded really good teams at the same time

Nobody stumbled,  you change the discussion to stuff that can't be proven(Opinions)

it’s the coaching: samples, McGuire and Mathis didn’t overlap at their schools if they did it was only for a year.  Those aren’t the only schools in that area that have talent to pull from if the right coach was in place.  You act as though it’s just Desoto, DV and Chill 

Desoto may never get back to prominence as they have lost about 15% of their school enrollment due to admin and poor academic performance. Of course that will impact their football 

you stumbled trying to show all these 4/5 stars that transfer into Duncanville YEARLY. 

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

But they won 7 in 14 years.  I don't care what circumstances would have unfolded here there is no scenario that any team in Texas will win 7 Championships in 14 years at any level.  Texas is proof that is is the hardest State to win a State championship.  NO SCHOOL IN THIS STATE FROM 1A - 6A Have more than 8 in 97 years of HS Football playoffs. 

It's a different set up 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

it’s the coaching: samples, McGuire and Mathis didn’t overlap at their schools if they did it was only for a year.  Those aren’t the only schools in that area that have talent to pull from if the right coach was in place.  You act as though it’s just Desoto, DV and Chill 

Desoto may never get back to prominence as they have lost about 15% of their school enrollment due to admin and poor academic performance. Of course that will impact their football 

That's an opinion. Until it happens,  you have no proof

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

That's an opinion. Until it happens,  you have no proof

What’s an opinion that enrollment dropped at desoto?  Is it an opinion that the most success that Desoto, Chill and DV had in the last 15 years came under Mathis, McGuire and samples? And not all three coaches were at their respective schools at the same time, is that an opinion?    

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

But they won 7 in 14 years.  I don't care what circumstances would have unfolded here there is no scenario that any team in Texas will win 7 Championships in 14 years at any level.  Texas is proof that is is the hardest State to win a State championship.  NO SCHOOL IN THIS STATE FROM 1A - 6A Have more than 8 in 97 years of HS Football playoffs.   Google most State Championships by State and see what you discover.  And many of these states with no depth will have a team with like 10 in 15 years.  Ridiculous.  DLS, HOOVER, JC, JENKS, UNION off the top of my head or examples.   LT and Allen are rare exceptions in Texas and hell even they don't have 

DLS has zero state championships.

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

What’s an opinion that enrollment dropped at desoto?  Is it an opinion that the most success that Desoto, Chill and DV had in the last 15 years came under Mathis, McGuire and samples? And not all three coaches were at their respective schools at the same time, is that an opinion?    

That all 3 would be good at the same time if the coaches stayed. 

You're using their success in years the other programs sucked 

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

It's a different set up 

They didn't play themselves.  Somebody was on the other end of those losses.  I would assume it was the Best the South had to offer because the whole North is Pathetic.  That's why anyone with analysis don't buy into the super hype of those Cali Privates and I am a Mater Dei fan and I remember them choking constantly in the playoffs.   They beat the 2nd best that Cali had to offer because the Trinity League as we are told the deepest strongest, toughest, most Chuck Norris type league in America.  They kept sending the Sacrificial lamb for the most parts.     

Things like this make the State a Joke IMO.  And you talk about what's weak in Texas.   

De La Salle routs Pittsburg for 28th consecutive NCS title

Twenty-eight years ago, Pittsburg made history when it beat De La Salle in an NCS championship game. The Spartans have not lost to a California team north of Fresno since then and have now beaten Pittsburg 31 consecutive times, including nine in section finals.

De La Salle (12-1) will move on to the Open Division state championship game against Mater Dei or St. John Bosco in two weeks at Cerritos College in Norwalk.

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

They didn't play themselves.  Somebody was on the other end of those losses.  I would assume it was the Best the South had to offer because the whole North is Pathetic.  That's why anyone with analysis don't buy into the super hype of those Cali Privates and I am a Mater Dei fan and I remember them choking constantly in the playoffs.   They beat the 2nd best that Cali had to offer because the Trinity League as we are told the deepest strongest, toughest, most Chuck Norris type league in America.  They kept sending the Sacrificial lamb for the most parts.     

Things like this make the State a Joke IMO.  And you talk about what's weak in Texas.   

Twenty-eight years ago, Pittsburg made history when it beat De La Salle in an NCS championship game. The Spartans have not lost to a California team north of Fresno since then and have now beaten Pittsburg 31 consecutive times, including nine in section finals.

De La Salle (12-1) will move on to the Open Division state championship game against Mater Dei or St. John Bosco in two weeks at Cerritos College in Norwalk.

DLS path to the bowl game is essentially Katy beating up on their district then getting to play a Dallas team 

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

And he forgets that the good coaches attract the talent.

So if they were all there at the same time they'd split the talent and no team would likely be elite.

8 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Well, they all have shown the ability to attract talent and it’s not just limited between each other.  

You  need to spend more time exploring the I20 corridor schools and surrounding areas.  It’s much more than Desoto, Chill and Duncanville 

i already showed that Lancaster has more 2020 rated talent than either Chill or Desoto.  That’s a source to potentially pull from if the right coach and situation existed at Chill or Desoto.  That’s just one school 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

DLS path to the bowl game is essentially Katy beating up on their district then getting to play a Dallas team 

Explain This.  Katy is not wining 7 of these in 14 years or doing this either.  Nice Try it is not essentially. 

Cali State Championships at the Big Boy Level.   It's them vs. the Damn Trinity League and this is proof the Trinity League  isn't the end all to be all.  I didn't even post all the ass whippings they took OOS while doing this either. 

2007:   DLS 37   C.C. 31

2008:   Centennial (Corona)  21  DLS 16

2009:   DLS 28  Crenshaw 14

2010:   DLS 48  Servite 8

2011:   DLS 35  Westlake 0

2012:   DLS 48  Centennial (Corona) 28

2013:   SJB  20  DLS 14

2014:   DLS 63  Centennial (Corona) 42

2015:   DLS 28  Centennial (Corona) 21

2016:   SJB 56   DLS 33

2017:   MD 52  DLS 21

2018:   MD 35  DLS 21

2019    SJB?      DLS?

16 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

LMFAO....I brought up the pathetic Pittsburg HS a couple of years ago to the idiot child (Steellessnuttzz) and he went to hyperdrive rage trying to explain how much of a legit team they were.   

You want to talk about "TRASH FOOTBALL."   Look no further than Pittsburg HS (California).