What up Texas?

DevilDog

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

Someone was trying to tell him that Lake Travis was good and he just couldn't help himself.

For a split of a second I was thinking whuuuuut?

Then a LOL arrived.  #birthdefect #njsarcasmisreal 

The Grip”…  could have been a Seinfeld episode.  George was a hand model.   Also, Jerry had a manhands date.  :) 

Edit:  forgot the Mandelbaums :)  (strength episode).  Mandelbaum!  Mandelbaum!  It’s go time.  

All jokes aside, it made me cringe reading the story.  I don’t know all the details, but doubtful he lasts much longer as the HC, unless the final chapter changes.  

On 12/11/2022 at 8:53 AM, steeler01 said:

I was never impressed by Guyer @pied, but I didn't think they'd get beaten by a team like Desoto like that. 

Screenshot_20221211_065148_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221211_065227_Chrome.jpg

Me either.  Saw Guyer in person a couple of weeks ago and thought they might have the mettle to get through.  Didn't see any of the game the other day, but doesn't look like they did.

Still think that 525 total yards of offense, QB going 25/28 for 334 yards to six different guys, has more TDs(4) than incompletions (3) and adds 84 yards rushing and another TD is an impressive day at the office.

Also think it is certainly ok and fine to be able to agree with people on some things and disagree with them on others.  :)

On 12/11/2022 at 7:08 AM, Atticus Finch said:

A ridiculous concept.

But it's a ridiculous state so makes sense.

On 12/11/2022 at 11:14 AM, Atticus Finch said:

Texas is full of pretenders like this.

All you needed to do is look at the ratings and see Guyer and Prosper and know that they're not winning anything.

On 12/11/2022 at 3:03 PM, Atticus Finch said:

They have three P5 commits. One is a QB and the other two are Safeties.

Otherwise, they're garbage everywhere else.

I love arguments that a team has athletes because 3 of their players have major P5 offers with none of them coming at the line of scrimmage.

9 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Sorry that we all weren't up-to-date on the musings of teenage boys.

My bet is that the incentive among Texas posters was to just bury it as their ego relied heavily on the fiction that Texas was special and had totally "pure" rosters.

Thank you SO much for your thoughtful reply! Your input is fantastic and SO appreciated!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pied said:

Me either.  Saw Guyer in person a couple of weeks ago and thought they might have the mettle to get through.  Didn't see any of the game the other day, but doesn't look like they did.

Still think that 525 total yards of offense, QB going 25/28 for 334 yards to six different guys, has more TDs(4) than incompletions (3) and adds 84 yards rushing and another TD is an impressive day at the office.

Also think it is certainly ok and fine to be able to agree with people on some things and disagree with them on others.  :)

I think I mentioned their lack of playmakers somewhere. Good team, but that's it.  They were fortunate that their path didn't have  Duncanville in 2021 as well

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I think I mentioned their lack of playmakers somewhere. Good team, but that's it.  They were fortunate that their path didn't have  Duncanville in 2021 as well

Trying to recall if I said anything different.  I believe all I countered with was the stats from that game as being impressive or not.  I still contend that that game was pretty good.  

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I've never gotten the feeling that I'm watching a great team while watching Guyer

Obviously "great" is a subjective term, but you certainly would have a very good case to make I'd think.  

Not sure who you'd be arguing with though.  Has there been anyone say they were great?  Certainly haven't read all the posts in this thread.  Almost 100% sure you won't find anything from me stating that.  :) 

Stop the run you beat Duncanville is still how it goes. Their QB can make some nice plays here and there. He had a nice TD pass against Prosper, but then again, it was Prosper.

Duncanville's o-line and running game are top notch. I've said this before, but the blue print to beating Duncanville is simple. Being able to do it is a completely different story. Nobody has done it so far. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 7:14 AM, Champa said:

Stop the run you beat Duncanville is still how it goes. Their QB can make some nice plays here and there. He had a nice TD pass against Prosper, but then again, it was Prosper.

Duncanville's o-line and running game are top notch. I've said this before, but the blue print to beating Duncanville is simple. Being able to do it is a completely different story. Nobody has done it so far. 

I’m not so sure Duncanville would need to do that much just to get by North Shore in the air.

Their secondary kind of worries me at times. 

16 minutes ago, Champa said:

48 - 13

Refugio getting a taste of their own medicine. Almost the start of the 4th.

Hawley learned from last year's mistakes? Or Refugio being Refugio?

We know Refugio has a habit of choking in the later rounds as of late.

It helps that Hawley us playing a spread team though.  They're more equipped to go toe-to-toe with that style.