What up Texas?

DevilDog

Two teams from the same district could win a state title next week. Duncanville and DeSoto. I guess I'll be cheering to see it happen.

Beating Duncanville is so simple, yet nobody got the dawgs to do it. Seeing how NS ran on Westlake, Durham would have had a field day playing them. We'll see if NS can do it.

And I hate to break it to people getting tired of NS/Dville in state, both teams should be better next year.

Just now, RedZone said:

So DeSoto had 560 yards of total offense with 440 rushing yards vs Guyer.

I may post the video for, deviledegg.

I don't think Guyer was too disciplined!! He's big on discipline. 😄

Joke!

If a Texas team clubs a Louisiana team > the Louisiana team has no discipline, but they have athletes. 

Per deviledegg. His words.

I don't even think Guyer has athletes. My words. 😂

40 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

And everybody in the comments whining about transfers.

🍿

7 hours ago, RedZone said:

If a Texas team clubs a Louisiana team > the Louisiana team has no discipline, but they have athletes. 

Per deviledegg. His words.

I don't even think Guyer has athletes. My words. 😂

Foolish words.  Guyer does have athletes...otherwise LSU and ND wouldn't be recruiting them.

DeSoto just simply exposed an alarming trend Guyer had the past 3 weeks.  They played to stop the pass.  Probably wasn't expecting DeSoto to run that much...

Nobody admitted it...But Guyer gave up an alarming amount of yards/points.  Guyer's O was just good enough to cover for it.  

They couldn't recover from the hole they dug themselves in.

@Atticus FinchDidn't mean to quote ya.  My bad.

15 hours ago, Champa said:

Two teams from the same district could win a state title next week. Duncanville and DeSoto. I guess I'll be cheering to see it happen.

Beating Duncanville is so simple, yet nobody got the dawgs to do it. Seeing how NS ran on Westlake, Durham would have had a field day playing them. We'll see if NS can do it.

And I hate to break it to people getting tired of NS/Dville in state, both teams should be better next year.

Well, if this keeps up, I’m going to have to start creating movie titles for their matchups 

North Shore vs. Duncanville (2018)

The Return of Duncanville (2019)

The Lost World of Duncanville (2021)

Duncanville Strikes Back (2022) ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

funny no one even mentioned transfers when Kyler was killing it 

But when we found out about it we most certainly did.

👇

On 1/15/2022 at 2:56 PM, Atticus Finch said:

74 over a 5 year period to be exact.

Allen is where the best in the state aspire to play. But the football transfers are coming at a cost.

The Dallas Morning News found that 74 football players -- including 30 from out of state -- transferred to Allen during the last five years, according to documents obtained from the school through open records requests. Last year's 16-0 Allen state championship team was led by four transfers who were top-100 recruits in the state.

I'll be honest I did not see Guyer getting beat like that.  Someone had told me earlier this season that they would struggle to stop the run. DeSoto should beat Vandegrift by a few scores but you never know. 

If Duncanville can't beat NS this year I don't think Samples will ever beat them. With Bailey NS is easily the favorite but I don't think NS is going to be able to wildcat Duncanville with Amador at QB but then they did just drop 42 on Westlake so who knows.

7 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

Well, if this keeps up, I’m going to have to start creating movie titles for their matchups 

North Shore vs. Duncanville (2018)

The Return of Duncanville (2019)

The Lost World of Duncanville (2021)

Duncanville Strikes Back (2022) ?

I gonna call it Revenge of the Panthers if they win this week.

On transfers.....

Everyone knew transfers were happening. NS has a 5 star wide receiver transfer on the bench right now that I don't believe will play this year. What people objected to was folks trying to act like that put them on equal footing with these top private schools.

Build a nice private school in south Dallas. Let that school get all the best players. Then we'll be on equal footing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

This was written WELL after Kyler graduated...

‘and everyone knew he’d transferred for Athletic purposes while he was there.

Sorry that we all weren't up-to-date on the musings of teenage boys.

My bet is that the incentive among Texas posters was to just bury it as their ego relied heavily on the fiction that Texas was special and had totally "pure" rosters.

• Haha 1