Mater Dei vs Centennial - CIF SS D1 Semifinal Game Discussion

PrepGridiron

25 minutes ago, On2whls said:

While Cen10 has a very potent offense, they will need to be able to rush for 150yds or better to keep MD defense honest enough. I don’t see that happening.    MD will get more stops and eventually wear down Cen10 defense.  

Still, I expect it to be decided in the 4th quarter.

This is an excellent point!.... SJB and IMG both were able to move the ball on the Ground against MD, I feel like CC can as well! CC has always had a great running game!... :) 

The few teams that have beaten Mater Dei in the past couple of years have put up at least 40 against them, which Corona Cent10 can definitely do.

I think it's going to come down to Mater Dei penalties. I don't see a Matt Logan coached team committing many penalties in a game like this, but Mater Dei on the other hand I'm not too sure. It seemed like every other play against IMG. If Mater Dei limits them, I think they win by 2 scores.

42-31 Mater Dei

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Great Article on the game!

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/11/15/game-of-the-week-mater-dei-centennial-corona-renew-rivalry-in-division-1-semifinals/

It Says that the game is at 7pm but Delayed on FSW until 8:30pm.... Does anyone know if there is any way to watch it starting at 7pm?

Otherwise, I wont be able to read the posts on this board until after the game is over!.... :) 

OCConnect Highschool FB lower right twitter updates by Eric S. of the LA Times.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

My gut was telling me Cen10 would win, but, everything else was telling me Mater Dei. 

My gut's costed me a few times in the pick em so, I finally settled on Mater Dei for the Pick Em, but, more or less pulling for Cen10 if that makes any sense. 

That's kind of funny.  I'm the opposite.  My head has cost me some wins and should have went with my gut.  

Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference esp when I have my head up my ass as it's so close to the gut.  Then I go for home team.

😀

• Haha 1