Another Trinity League CIFSS Final

Sammyswordsman

8 hours ago, On2whls said:

DLS has better hope MD pulls the upset.  SJB is locked in.

I’d say both teams are locked in now. Since MD got embarrassed by Bosco they have played very well against JSerra, OLu, Mission and Centennial. But they will need to play even better, and more importantly cleaner, to beat Bosco.

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Should we really be surprised?... 

It's been like this for how long now? 

This is the third straight year SJB vs MD, for the CIF SS, but it’s likely just the start.  For the time being, Cen10 and MV still have strong programs but, the gap is growing and the fact of the matter is you will have to “out transfer” both MD and SJB to even have a shot.  I don’t know if that is even possible moving forward, except for another TL school pulling it off.

For the local public programs that get put in the D1SS bracket, other than Cen10 and MV,  the playoffs represent guaranteed futility.  

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

It would be awesome to see the loser of this put a running clock on Folsom.

The more I think about it, the less I like the loser playing in the D1 Bowl.  The reason is the tremendous let down for the loser would result in a sloppy effort from kids who would be mentally “over it”.

12 minutes ago, On2whls said:

This is the third straight year SJB vs MD, for the CIF SS, but it’s likely just the start.  For the time being, Cen10 and MV still have strong programs but, the gap is growing and the fact of the matter is you will have to “out transfer” both MD and SJB to even have a shot.  I don’t know if that is even possible moving forward, except for another TL school pulling it off.

For the local public programs that get put in the D1SS bracket, other than Cen10 and MV,  the playoffs represent guaranteed futility.  

And when MV or Cen10 get a Trinity League transfer, it's usually because he couldn't start at that previous school. Like QBs for both schools in Yellen and Freeland. Granted Yellen could have started at three  Trinity League schools. 

13 minutes ago, On2whls said:

This is the truth ^^

Which is why some are calling for a National playoff that MD, DLS and SJB can compete in, and then let the regular teams play for the CIF titles.   The lower divisions have much more compelling and closer games even in round 1 and 2

1 hour ago, bigrobstercraws said:

It would be awesome to see the loser of this put a running clock on Folsom.

SoCalers would NEVER go for that. They'd rather Cen10 go home and bark- "We would beat you," rather than see Folsom drill them by 2-3 scores.

And this is a non troll post. I have seen both teams play, multiple times obviously. Folsom is better. 

@PrepGridiron this is my point right here. Folsom being mentioned constantly without me saying a thing. These people DO care. I could care less if it's negative, but I get to respond, and I will.