Les Miles to Kansas.....

RedZone

I’m with @Mjd33  on this. Tough place  to bulld a program.Square basketball state in the middle of nowhere. Not enough local talent and not gonna pull Texas kids away from the likes of OU or Texas or California kids from Colorado and Nebraska.

I know skinny Mangino had some success and so did Mason, but it’s just never going to be a place where you can sustain long term success. The good part is you get the Jayhawks winning 7-8 games a year, you’re a god there. 

But Miles is a brash, obnoxious big time coach. The Mayberry act will wear offsoon and he’ll want to be back in the big time spotlight.

• Like 1

Here are the details on the contract:

• Les Miles, Kansas signed the contract on Friday.
  • It's a five-year contract.
  • Les Miles will receive $2,775,000 annually.
  • The contract outlines two $225,000 retention bonuses due in Nov. 2020 and Nov. 2022.
  • The agreement outlines a number of incentive payments, including $1 million for a National Championship game.

26 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

But he is highly respected... 

Now the real problem is can he build a Program out of what he has. 

Agree w first part. 

But Kansas is tough to get top recruits, poor facilities, it’s primarily a basketball school, and most importantly .... it’s in the state of Kansas! 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Agree w first part. 

But Kansas is tough to get top recruits, poor facilities, it’s primarily a basketball school, and most importantly .... it’s in the state of Kansas! 

Whichita and Overland Park  are actually pretty nice... idk much about Lawrence... 

Honestly I'm surprised Whichita State hasn't reinstated football... 

42 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Kansas is currently in much better shape than Rutgers..

Les Miles is a pretty good recruiter to be so goofy. Kids like him and like playing for him.

I am with you on this, but it is a lot easier to recruit to LSU Then Kansas.... They did have a good couple year run awhile back so who knows?.... Maybe he is looking at this as a way to get back in the game....🙂

2 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Agree w first part. 

I disagree.

Nebraska, over the years,  has shown it doesn't matter where you're located.  Kids will go wherever they think they'll be on TV in big-time games. Look at what McCartney did at Colorado or Snyder at Kansas State or Beamer at Virginia Tech or Bellotti at Oregon. Coaches, and administrations, can turn programs.

• Like 1

🤣😂

Damn he must be desperate to get back into coaching. What a crap job. Kansas will never be good. It's a terrible state for recruiting and its a basketball school first and foremost.  He should have waited another few months and he might have ended up back in the SEC or in the ACC.

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

🤣😂

Damn he must be desperate to get back into coaching. What a crap job. Kansas will never be good. It's a terrible state for recruiting and its a basketball school first and foremost.  He should have waited another few months and he might have ended up back in the SEC or in the ACC.

Pretty much. 

2 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Boise state And Utah state play this week .... winning coach should get the Colorado job. Increase the stakes! 

Ummm No...I've seen Utah's offenses over the years.

Unless he somehow plan on bringing a bunch of Mormons to Boulder...he won't last.

Size (lack of) has been an issue for CU for at least the past decade and a half.