New Polls (2018-11-26)

dntn31

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTfMyz4JiUv8IYLAjMnqT_E-KAGPxHUkHEu5HvEhSY8UZ9nM3As8r8PzFxQ4OB9Svvw0TcJVtqpCTT_/pubhtml

MD moves to #1 in all polls except USAT (which has Allen #1 and curiously SJB #2 and MD #3).

SJB stays in the top 3 of all 7 polls and only falls to #2 in the comp with the loss to MD.

Archbishop Hoban finally cracks PrepNation's top 25 and is now ranked in all 7 polls.

Fisher is the lone poll that does not have St. Louis (HI) within the top 25 (#37).

Massey is the lone poll that does not have STA within the top 25 (#33).

USAT appears to be siding with the computers and dropped both Miami Central and Carol City from their top 25.

• Thanks 8
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, 93CardinalsFan said:

Is it safe to assume that regardless of the outcome this Friday, Colerain has likely hit their ceiling?

-93CardinalsFan

DLS is looking at an L in the finals, and a Colerain win on Friday would probably give them a Massey/CP bump...so they still might sneak up a couple spots. 

2 teams in the top 25 of EVERY poll...not bad for a shit state. xD

On 11/26/2018 at 7:06 PM, dntn31 said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTfMyz4JiUv8IYLAjMnqT_E-KAGPxHUkHEu5HvEhSY8UZ9nM3As8r8PzFxQ4OB9Svvw0TcJVtqpCTT_/pubhtml

MD moves to #1 in all polls except USAT (which has Allen #1 and curiously SJB #2 and MD #3).

SJB stays in the top 3 of all 7 polls and only falls to #2 in the comp with the loss to MD.

Archbishop Hoban finally cracks PrepNation's top 25 and is now ranked in all 7 polls.

Fisher is the lone poll that does not have St. Louis (HI) within the top 25 (#37).

Massey is the lone poll that does not have STA within the top 25 (#33).

USAT appears to be siding with the computers and dropped both Miami Central and Carol City from their top 25.

One suggestion on the rankings aspect of this comp poll (at least for the top 25)... using Folsom and Gonzaga as examples here, I don't think teams that were included in 5 polls (majority and 71%) should be behind teams included in 3 polls (43%) .   

Note:  I just see that Chandler is tied with Folsom in pts... I just saw the ranking number initially.    In tie situations, I'd lean towards poll inclusion and if that's a tie F it. :)  

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

I’ll take Colerain,Hoban and Mentor over the top 3 in GA.In most years I’ll take OH over GA

I don't know that I'd go that far. I think most reasonable people can agree that GA has eased past OH a little bit over the past couple of years. They're probably pretty close to even this year. ECH's dumb theory that it's been going on for 10 years, and that GA has opened up some huge gap between the two is what makes everyone think he's a goofball. 

Well, that and his STILL unsubstantiated claim that "there are years when the Cincinnati Top 10 is the defacto OH Top 10." xD

6 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

I don't know that I'd go that far. I think most reasonable people can agree that GA has eased past OH a little bit over the past couple of years. They're probably pretty close to even this year. ECH's dumb theory that it's been going on for 10 years, and that GA has opened up some huge gap between the two is what makes everyone think he's a goofball. 

Well, that and his STILL unsubstantiated claim that "there are years when the Cincinnati Top 10 is the defacto OH Top 10." xD

I don’t know.They have more over all talent but that hasn’t translated into better over all teams for whatever reason 

On 11/27/2018 at 5:53 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

Composite Top 10 ranked by SOS:

MD 65

SJB 60

SL 52

IMG 50

CQ/Cole 45

DLS 44

WC 41

Allen 35

NS 31

*Note that the last two are from the same state* Very telling. 

Texas teams don't have any recent "connection"-common opponents- with teams in California or Ohio, which are the two states benefiting most from the formula used for such measures. 

On 11/27/2018 at 7:53 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

MD 65

SJB 60

SL 52

IMG 50

CQ/Cole 45

DLS 44

WC 41

Allen 35

NS 31

Where did you get these  SOS’s from? I hope you didn’t rely on CP for this? NS has beaten Katy, W. Brook, Westfield, and Dickinson very handily. Allen has beaten Prosper and SLC East in dominating fashion. Also, a solid win over a good Rockwall squad. What’s telling to me is that both of those TX teams are top-notch. 

4 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Where did you get these  SOS’s from? I hope you didn’t rely on CP for this? NS has beaten Katy, W. Brook, Westfield, and Dickinson very handily. Allen has beaten Prosper and SLC East in dominating fashion. Also, a solid win over a good Rockwall squad. What’s telling to me is that both of those TX teams are top-notch. 

Please don't tell me that you think West Brook, Dickinson, Westfield, Prosper, East and Rockwall are all good teams.

You are obviously incompetent.

Ironically, the only three teams above with SOS ratings above 30 are East, Rockwall and Prosper and all of those teams have 3 losses as a result.

The rest play trash schedules and don't perform all that well while doing it.

On 11/27/2018 at 8:53 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

MD 65

SJB 60

SL 52

IMG 50

CQ/Cole 45

DLS 44

WC 41

Allen 35

NS 31

IMG schedule wasn't exactly that good outside of Mater Dei 

Come on GSB, get those badasses playing some real competition for more than 1 game next year! :D

On 11/27/2018 at 9:23 AM, zulu1128 said:

DLS is looking at an L in the finals, and a Colerain win on Friday would probably give them a Massey/CP bump...so they still might sneak up a couple spots. 

2 teams in the top 25 of EVERY poll...not bad for a shit state. xD

OH is a solid state,  they just aren't as good as they used to be

At one point they were borderline top 3 with FL and TX but they probably creeping back to around 4/5 now

8 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Where did you get these  SOS’s from? I hope you didn’t rely on CP for this? 

Here's Massey's SOS for comparison (lower "Delta Rank" means CP gives that team less SOS weight than others):

Capture.PNG.1f7dc2e9538cf9765f975aca78cff9fb.PNG

CA team CP Delta average (-6.7). TX team CP Delta average (-8.5).

Takeaways:

On average, CalPreps rates the elite TX team's SOS marginally worse in comparison to the elite CA teams (around 2 SOS "points"). However, among nationally elite teams, both CalPreps and Massey agree that the TX teams have the weakest SOS (to this point in the season).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Here's Massey's SOS for comparison (lower "Delta Rank" means CP gives that team less SOS weight than others):

Capture.PNG.1f7dc2e9538cf9765f975aca78cff9fb.PNG

CA team CP Delta average (-6.7). TX team CP Delta average (-8.5).

Takeaways:

On average, CalPreps rates the elite TX team's SOS marginally worse in comparison to the elite CA teams (around 2 SOS "points"). However, among nationally elite teams, both CalPreps and Massey agree that the TX teams have the weakest SOS (to this point in the season).

Massey really digs NE for some odd reason and Freeman digs HI a bit more than Massey does.   Those 2 states looked like the most extreme with scaling differentials.  

7 hours ago, Goldmember said:

Please don't tell me that you think West Brook, Dickinson, Westfield, Prosper, East and Rockwall are all good teams.

Yep. Any team in the top 1000 should be considered a good team in the grand scheme. Out of 15K+ teams out there that would put them in the top 6% of teams nationally. I’d say that makes them good. NS and Allen blew them all out, with the exception of Rockwall. Rockwall lost to 3 really teams and hung with all three.

The incompetence comes from you. You only think there are 5-10 good teams in the entire country. Your arrogance continues to amaze me! 

Texas teams have low strength of schedule - because as public schools they don't get to schedule whoever they want, but have to play all the teams in their assigned district every year. For example North Shore - who has the lowest SOS of those teams listed above - played Katy (CP rating 63.4), Westfield(cp 48.2), Ridge Point(cp 35.9)  for its non district schedule. Katy and Westfield are still alive in the playoffs and Ridge Point lost to defending 6AD2 champion Cy Fair in round 2. Unfortunately with the exception of Beaumont West Brook(cp 49.2) the rest of North Shore's district had very low ratings - with Baytown Sterling having a negative rating.

There is nothing the Texas public schools can do about that problem.

Now what I want the rest of you to do is explain exactly how North Shore playing its low rated public school opponents makes North Shore a worse team. Feel free to use the puppets if you need to.

• dntn31 unpinned this topic