5* Mater Dei WR Bru McCoy callling out Maxpreps...

RedZone

31 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I just explained the differences.  Your kids can freely transfer to play for the better football team,  our kids can’t.  

This is silly a Texas Public Power played the California State Champ head to head in the last 3 yrs.  That same team goes to their top game each year.  I would assume they are no better than that team who smoked their schedule.  Now if we had the roles reverse and they beat ET and ET won 6A D1 I would be down with them and calling Texas out. You can't lose and start crying wolf.  It seems ET has caused an epic Meltdown with their 2nd rd loss in Texas that year.  DLS would not have made it to State here in the last 4 yrs.   Keep calling Texas out and find out about our football.  It damn sure isn't overrated and if a Texas 6A team loses OOS they damn sure isn't winning State.  There is a lot more interest in Texas from others than vice versa. Texas know it has and therefore don't really concern itself with others and we recognize good foitball around America.  I would love to see the TX 6A Champ vs. Anybody.  That Mythical title means not to Mater Dei than NS.  Winning State here is rare that's why its a big deal. Just my .02 cents and I'm a Mater Dei fan

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ararar said:

1.This isn’t true

in the past few years public schools Calabasas and Narbonne have had the most transfers

2.I will let the board decide 

Ah so now we play the correction game... 

Fine then let me rephrase...

You get MOST of the transfers.... 

Just curious... 

How many of Socals transfers where from public to privates

Or vice versa.... 

And how many where to Trinity League schools?

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Here are some other facts:  in TX, you can’t transfer for athletic purposes and there are residency requirements that must be made. Transfers fall under these restrictions. 

Lmao @GardenStateBallerTell ur mans that rule is every where lmao 🤣 where do u get your information from?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Because it's your Freaking Privates getting all the transfers... 

We're not stupid.... 

We understand that some Athletes truly do want better education and what not but you mean to tell me all of the transfers can afford these private school tuition? 

I promise you everyone can't.... 

And let it be a high profile athlete...

So what do you do... 

You offer em scholarships and Financial aid

You know what that sounds like....? 

College recruitment

Does it not? 

Well for SJR our 2 best recruited athletes was Howard Cross and Connor Grieco... both live in expensive towns ... Ones father is a NFL HOFer and the other has a white collar job....Both been at the school since Day 1 ...  

and who cares about scholarships... don’t Blame The Donors that want the school to succeed at academics and athletics 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Well for SJR our 2 best recruited athletes was Howard Cross and Connor Grieco... both live in expensive towns ... Ones father is a NFL HOFer and the other has a white collar job....Both been at the school since Day 1 ...  

and who cares about scholarships... don’t Blame The Donors that want the school to succeed at academics and athletics 

You mean the donors want to buy championships. Some donors have gone so far as to adopt these players. 

GTFO with the hypocrisy, you know what’s up. 

LMAO,

AnAssHole

29 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

This is silly a Texas Public Power played the California State Champ head to head in the last 3 yrs.  That same team goes to their top game each year.  I would assume they are no better than that team who smoked their schedule.  Now if we had the roles reverse and they beat ET and ET won 6A D1 I would be down with them and calling Texas out. You can't lose and start crying wolf.  It seems ET has caused an epic Meltdown with their 2nd rd loss in Texas that year.  DLS would not have made it to State here in the last 4 yrs.   Keep calling Texas out and find out about our football.  It damn sure isn't overrated and if a Texas 6A team loses OOS they damn sure isn't winning State.  There is a lot more interest in Texas from others than vice versa. Texas know it has and therefore don't really concern itself with others and we recognize good foitball around America.  I would love to see the TX 6A Champ vs. Anybody.  That Mythical title means not to Mater Dei than NS.  Winning State here is rare that's why its a big deal. Just my .02 cents and I'm a Mater Dei fan

You’re normally pretty lucid and I offer critique of a USMC Gunnery Sergent with much trepidation, but you’re overplaying both the implications from a game where a top CA team travelled to TX to play a top TX team in August in week zero under different rules and lost a game that they appeared they’d likely win much more often than not (to pretty much all observers outside TX)

good win for ET and it certainly helped temper some contrary results in TX’s very limited OOS results among top teams (ie a non top 25 CA team destroying your 5x 5A champ, losing to BG and a MV school not named BG, etc)

But lets not not use that (and the associated disavowing of a team that was ranked #2 in TX entering the playoffs —by Texans) as part of the MD/ NS debate 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Dude freaking Bergen County is Rich af.... 

The definition of poor there is 400K.... 

Nobodies talking about your Diamond encrusted Oak tree, Champagne and Caviar for breakfast community.... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Your kids can transfer if they follow the rules set by CIF to play for the better football team,  our kids technically can’t but still do as seen in the   Recent article about Allen. We also make our football school 4 times larger the most high schools to increase our talent pool.

Fix

it

for

you

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Pops said:

You’re normally pretty lucid and I offer critique of a USMC Gunnery Sergent with much trepidation, but you’re overplaying both the implications from a game where a top CA team travelled to TX to play a top TX team in August in week zero under different rules and lost a game that they appeared they’d likely win much more often than not (to pretty much all observers outside TX)

good win for ET and it certainly helped temper some contrary results in TX’s very limited OOS results among top teams (ie a non top 25 CA team destroying your 5x 5A champ, losing to BG and a MV school not named BG, etc)

But lets not not use that (and the associated disavowing of a team that was ranked #2 in TX entering the playoffs —by Texans) as part of the MD/ NS debate 

I'm not diminishing Mater Dei at all.  I think they are a heckuva football team.  But even these super Privates have fared better at home than on the Road.  A few years back a good Fl. STA beat a supposedly great SJB and STA got the he'll beat out of them by an Arizona team.  My contentiin is hollering that you have proven sinething on a mythical scale is nonsense.  If NS was claiming they are America's best I would feel the same.  The debate is pretty one sided. I haven't seen one Texas declaring NS anything. As a matter of fact not one Texan has started a topic on it Pops.  

Just now, Horsefly said:

Your kids can athletically transfer.  Why do you Californians try to wiggle out of that fact.  

In America a parent should be allowed to to what ever it takes to better of the life of their children and since most of these kids are minorities it would not only be immoral to stop there parents to help them it would also be bigoted.

i am not running from the fact that parents are trying to help their kids, but why won’t you admit that schools like Allen to much more to attract talent then any school in SoCal...don’t know of one high school out here with 6k Kids...

• Like 2

The same polls that people are referencing.  The MNC crew  fail to acknowledge 3 Texas Publics finished inside the top 10 and had games among themselves.  That would actually trump any argument about they need to go OOS to prove anything.  I'm using your source.. Look it up all Private top 10 except 3 Texas Publics.  Analyze that please and I would happily discuss and I don't even get off on these National rankings.  But using them.  Allen, NS and Dville played high level national teams.. Either embrace them rankings are leave it be.  

Now that's using your Brain Housing Group

1 minute ago, Eddyr2 said:

In America a parent should be allowed to to what ever it takes to better of the life of their children and since most of these kids are minorities it would not only be immoral to stop there parents to help them it would also be bigoted.

i am not running from the fact that parents are trying to help their kids, but why won’t you admit that schools like Allen to much more to attract talent then any school in SoCal...don’t know of one high school out here with 6k Kids...

You can fit  SJRs whole schools attendance more than 13x  to equal Allen’s student population 

You could Probably fit Every school in the Group 3 and Group 4 of N.J. into allen

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

I made no judgement call on what parents are allowed to do.  I pointed to the differences between the systems.  

How does allen with those transfer requirements attract more athletes than those from SoCal where one can transfer for athletic reasons without residency requirements?  There is a reason allen doesn’t have a roster full of 4/5**** athletes like MD and SJB even though they have them in the surrounding area.  

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Hilarious watching the Texas guys grovelling for a share of the MNC when they claim they don't care.  LOL.

Northshore may indeed have the best team, but shame on Texas for not challenging their kids, and instead be content with 63-14 type games all the way to the semi's.

No ones grovelling, no one is defending the rankings either.  Do you comprehend well?  

• Haha 2

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Hilarious watching the Texas guys grovelling for a share of the MNC when they claim they don't care.  LOL.

Northshore may indeed have the best team, but shame on Texas for not challenging their kids, and instead be content with 63-14 type games all the way to the semi's.

Where are they grovelling at Sammy? 

Where?!

WHERE?!

Where is the grovelling?! 

2018_12_26_14.40.47.jpg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

No ones grovelling, no one is defending the rankings either.  Do you comprehend well?  

181pl

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • 181pl
  • Members
  • 1,215 posts

I watched DLS and MD in its entirety. And they're both excellent football teams. But they're not Head and Shoulders above any other great high school football team. North Shore would have a very good chance of beating either those teams. And vice versa. One team goes through the gauntlet of the toughest High School playoffs in the country. The other plays a very tough schedule as well, but who's playoffs are not nearly as tough. I'll take North Shore because they're undefeated

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

181pl

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • 181pl
  • Members
  • 1,215 posts

I watched DLS and MD in its entirety. And they're both excellent football teams. But they're not Head and Shoulders above any other great high school football team. North Shore would have a very good chance of beating either those teams. And vice versa. One team goes through the gauntlet of the toughest High School playoffs in the country. The other plays a very tough schedule as well, but who's playoffs are not nearly as tough. I'll take North Shore because they're undefeated

Dude...

He's from FLORIDA!!!!! 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

181pl

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • 181pl
  • Members
  • 1,215 posts

181 is from Florida!