In N’Awlins for the rest of the week

Bormio

3 hours ago, Bormio said:

The Bourbon House serving a cocktail called the “Three Blind Refs”.  Nah, they ain’t bitter....

I don't blame them. 

Enjoy your week over there. I'd venture a guess that if you go to enough places, you'll find more things named after or aimed to denigrate those blind refs. 

16 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Try Dragos in Metairie if in that area. 

Lobster Marco is my fave. 

BGW

He's in N'awlins.  All he has to do is stroll down to the Hilton and order the Charbroiled oysters.  Lots...of Charbroiled oysters.

Nothing better in this world....except Ms. Violet.......

Rufus>>

• Like 1

N’Awlins still has great food.  And I had money to enjoy it I never did 35 years ago. First reunion I ever attended on any sort.  Really had a better time than I even thought I would.  It was great connecting with people I was not even close to in med school.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bormio said:

N’Awlins still has great food.  And I had money to enjoy it I never did 35 years ago. First reunion I ever attended on any sort.  Really had a better time than I even thought I would.  It was great connecting with people I was not even close to in med school.

How in the everlovin’ can you connect with people you weren’t close to?  Especially after like 80 years.

I mean, I go to reunions, and when I see someone that I wasn’t close with (but know they were in the class 😜) we sorta say “hi, how’s it going?” Then we let our voices drop.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wosinc said:

How in the everlovin’ can you connect with people you weren’t close to?  Especially after like 80 years.

I mean, I go to reunions, and when I see someone that I wasn’t close with (but know they were in the class 😜) we sorta say “hi, how’s it going?” Then we let our voices drop.

Sometimes who you hang with is a matter of chance in part.  You find out you have stuff in common with people you never really got to know as your lives changed and theirs did too.  I am not great at making conversation by any means, but was surprised how much we had to talk about and it was not just reminiscing.  I was kinda surprised.

And it was only 35 years 😁

• Haha 1