Which feat of strength is most impressive?

ChimpGrip

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

675x5 raw on the incline with free weights (no smith machine). 

Or 

525 pound dumbbell shrugs with no lifting straps and full range of motion (and overall good form

Or

1000 pound raw deadlift

I thought 605 on the incline was a WR

The 675 raw bench is also a WR

My WR is slightly less.....

Rufus>>

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

I thought 605 on the incline was a WR

The 675 raw bench is also a WR

My WR is slightly less.....

Rufus>>

Actually new raw bench is in the 730s, surpassing Eric Spoto's 2014 lift of 722 raw. Previous record holder was Scott Mendelson who did 715 raw. And this is all flat bench. No idea what the incline world record is.

29 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I dont think hes talking about things thatve actually happened.

As far as I know, no one has achieved the 1st 2.... the 1000 raw deadlift has been done I believe.

The 525 lb dumbbell shrugs seems the most impossible.

Would the shrugs be more overall body strength or grip strength? To hold on to them without lifting straps or chalk and actually shrug them would take an industrial level machine-type grip. 

I would say it depends on body type for what's most impressive. personally I'll go with incline press. I'm tall with long arms so it's difficult. I repped 505 3 times and strength was there but felt like my upper body was going to explode from the pressure. Couldn't imagine doing close to that 675 incline. 

One my best friends has a 640 raw lift. Pretty crazy. 

8 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

I heard tell that you got shortness of breath, when you lifted your fork!

Rab...I would imagine you'd be surprised regarding how much I can bench and/or military.  And my 40 time is coming along nicely.  If I can get it under 4.7.....Coach Blaylock says he'll give me a shot at LB'er for his 9th Grade team.  It's around 5.8 at present.  But if I get scairt enough...I can take about 3 points off of that.

That's right....I'm bad......

Rufus>>

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Rab...I would imagine you'd be surprised regarding how much I can bench and/or military.  And my 40 time is coming along nicely.  If I can get it under 4.7.....Coach Blaylock says he'll give me a shot at LB'er for his 9th Grade team.  It's around 5.8 at present.  But if I get scairt enough...I can take about 3 points off of that.

That's right....I'm bad......

Rufus>>

I think I've seen you doing a little better than 5.8 heading back to your seat on Friday nights. 

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think I've seen you doing a little better than 5.8 heading back to your seat on Friday nights. 

Amigo, that's nice of you to say...BUT...since Leonard never put in my escalator...it's a task getting up there with Durwood, Darrell and Jim...(Smile). Luckily, I have Ms. Violet to push me...

Rufus>>

21 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

I would say it depends on body type for what's most impressive. personally I'll go with incline press. I'm tall with long arms so it's difficult. I repped 505 3 times and strength was there but felt like my upper body was going to explode from the pressure. Couldn't imagine doing close to that 675 incline. 

One my best friends has a 640 raw lift. Pretty crazy. 

505 is still a ton of weight though. 

And yes doing 675 for reps on the incline would be world class.

I want to be the first man though to close the hand grippers that have not been closed. And pinch three 45 pound plates together.

16 hours ago, Bormio said:

This wimpy, nearly 60, cyclist has been on a 2 year quest to bench 225.  Way to throw cold water on my effort ?

To be fair... the things hes talking about are nearly impossible and Im fairly certain 2 of them have never been done.

And the guy I saw deadlift 1000lbs (1015 to be exact)... had super short legs as thick as tree trunks. 

50 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Theres just no freaking way a guy can hold 1 of those in each hand and shrug them with a "full range of motion" and "overall good form".

If I was the first person to do it, what would be your response? I'm not trying to challenge you or talk down to you...serious question. 

I think I'll be able to curl 100 pound DBells by this time next year. Reason why I haven't reached it is because of back issues and fear of aggregating it (herniated disc). Beyond that, I will shoot for 125 pound dumbbell curls, and hopefully one day absolutely smash 225 pound dumbbell curls (and no I do not use straps, chalk, or any other type of grip assistance-hence my username). 

9 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

If I was the first person to do it, what would be your response? I'm not trying to challenge you or talk down to you...serious question. 

I think I'll be able to curl 100 pound DBells by this time next year. Reason why I haven't reached it is because of back issues and fear of aggregating it (herniated disc). Beyond that, I will shoot for 125 pound dumbbell curls, and hopefully one day absolutely smash 225 pound dumbbell curls (and no I do not use straps, chalk, or any other type of grip assistance-hence my username). 

We had 180 lb dumbbells and I would rep 15 on press. Was easy to rep them, hard to get them in place and back up... ???

On March 25, 2017 at 10:56 AM, ChimpGrip said:

675x5 raw on the incline with free weights (no smith machine). 

Or 

525 pound dumbbell shrugs with no lifting straps and full range of motion (and overall good form

Or

1000 pound raw deadlift

Or

8 cans of Guinness and then moving your bowels in the morning