Tony Mandarich

paladin4ever

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Why don’t You tell the Board How many State Championships Tunsil helped you guys win? 0?....

after further investigation it appears The last Time And only time y’all won a chip was in 67”

the two Old Heads on Here @Cossacks and @AztecPadre weren’t even Born yet when you won that Chip lmao 

67557C1B-B0A5-4FA8-A073-3CF215FE8590.jpeg

old? Ha!

On 4/22/2019 at 1:01 PM, paladin4ever said:

Watched the ESPN E:60 about Tony Mandarich last night. Although Mandarich is considered one of the biggest bust in draft history, I view it a little differently. Yes, he did not meet the lofty status bestowed upon him by being the 2nd pick in the 1989 draft. But the guy did play seven seasons and even started all 16 games in 1997 for the Indianapolis Colts. To me, that doesn't sound like a guy that totally sucked.

Thoughts?

Everything is relative. 

A #2 pick has expectations that far exceed what he did.

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Why don’t You tell the Board How many State Championships Tunsil helped you guys win? 0?....

after further investigation it appears The last Time And only time y’all won a chip was in 67”

the two Old Heads on Here @Cossacks and @AztecPadre weren’t even Born yet when you won that Chip lmao 

67557C1B-B0A5-4FA8-A073-3CF215FE8590.jpeg

What does a state title have anything to do with a individual player

That argument is as ridiculous as saying a QB is better for winning a super bowl

By your logic Trent dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino 

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

old? Ha!

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Yes if ur over 30 ur old

thank God I’m good for a few years 

But I did get my first grey Hair 👨‍🦳 strain on the side of my temple 

one of my coworkers Sharpied it with marker so I don’t really notice it

Yeah I’m over 30 so I’m pretty old 😀. Tits is always yelling at me and I hear “how old are you?” or “are you 15” daily. So definitely immature.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 4/23/2019 at 5:47 AM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

A3A31D6E-889A-4063-8759-0C3C0F9418E5.gif

21 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah but it still amazes me how teams let such trival crap cause a player draft stock to fall

Wouldn't be surprised if someone leaked it from another team so he could get picked in middle of 1st round instead of 1st overall

Trivial crap? You see this type of video often, of dudes smoking weed out of a gas mask pulled over their head with a bong wonged onto the end of it? You wouldn't blink an eye if you saw this on a potential employee your company was considering offering a job? That person's "stock" wouldn't fall at all, and it would amaze you if their stock fell in other employer's eyes?

Do other teams have Slugworth on their payroll, hoping he uncovers things to get players to drop in the draft so their team can craftily get their man? 

Image result for slugworth willy wonka

Tunsil is in the NFL. Good for him. But that video is his to own, no matter if he went to your high school or not.

Now Mandarich...

The body he crafted was one not seen very often (if at all) before he came along. When an offensive lineman has his size along with such minimal body fat, he becomes, well, possibly the "best offensive line prospect EVER" as touted on the cover of Sports Illustrated prior to his draft. Mandarich ended up being nowhere near the best lineman ever, so falling that far short of the lofty expectations is considered a bust by many.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Trivial crap? You see this type of video often, of dudes smoking weed out of a gas mask pulled over their head with a bong wonged onto the end of it? You wouldn't blink an eye if you saw this on a potential employee your company was considering offering a job? That person's "stock" wouldn't fall at all, and it would amaze you if their stock fell in other employer's eyes?

Do other teams have Slugworth on their payroll, hoping he uncovers things to get players to drop in the draft so their team can craftily get their man? 

Image result for slugworth willy wonka

Tunsil is in the NFL. Good for him. But that video is his to own, no matter if he went to your high school or not.

Now Mandarich...

The body he crafted was one not seen very often (if at all) before he came along. When an offensive lineman has his size along with such minimal body fat, he becomes, well, possibly the "best offensive line prospect EVER" as touted on the cover of Sports Illustrated prior to his draft. Mandarich ended up being nowhere near the best lineman ever, so falling that far short of the lofty expectations is considered a bust by many.

Teams have done stuff like this before, whether it's hiding film when film wasn't always openly available so they could get players later in draft among other sneaky things attempted in past

There's also been cases of baseless accusations that dropped a player's stock, just watch the documentary on Dan Marino

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Teams have done stuff like this before, whether it's hiding film when film wasn't always openly available so they could get players later in draft among other sneaky things attempted in past

There's also been cases of baseless accusations that dropped a player's stock, just watch the documentary on Dan Marino

Tunsil was involved in a silly episode that rightfully has consequences. Don't group this in with baseless accusations. He made a mistake, which was not "trivial" as you suggested.

2 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Tunsil was involved in a silly episode that rightfully has consequences. Don't group this in with baseless accusations. He made a mistake, which was not "trivial" as you suggested.

The goal of a NFL team is to win games

What does that video do that will keep a team from accomplishing that?

In fact the moment that he got on the field the media no longer wasted time about the story so it's not hurting the organization with bad PR so they can't say that his action is making the team look bad so yes it is trival

It has no impact on the product/talent on the field and most people had forgotten about the story or just don't care about it anymore

Yeah he made a dumb decision but for a moron like @imaGoodBoyNow to assume he a bust because of that is ridiculous and so is him assuming he was terrible because he didn't win a state Title in high school

Both those claims are extremely reaching and completely baseless

28 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

The goal of a NFL team is to win games

What does that video do that will keep a team from accomplishing that?

Videos like this can be an indication of a character issue. It doesn't mean that a certain player will absolutely be a problem, but it can be a red flag that someone might have trouble with the NFL substance abuse policy, or that someone isn't as focused as other prospects, or that a person is just immature and could have difficulty in the NFL.  Having players like that on an NFL roster can definitely have a negative effect on success as an organization. Not always, and not with every player. But it's big business and teams want to minimize their potential for problems.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Videos like this can be an indication of a character issue. It doesn't mean that a certain player will absolutely be a problem, but it can be a red flag that someone might have trouble with the NFL substance abuse policy, or that someone isn't as focused as other prospects, or that a person is just immature and could have difficulty in the NFL.  Having players like that on an NFL roster can definitely have a negative effect on success as an organization. Not always, and not with every player. But it's big business and teams want to minimize their potential for problems.

They assumed same thing about Winston but he has not gotten in any trouble since being drafted

Tunsil has not been in trouble since being drafted

So obviously we have seen they aren't ones who will be consistent issues on NFL rosters

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

They assumed same thing about Winston but he has not gotten in any trouble since being drafted

Tunsil has not been in trouble since being drafted

So obviously we have seen they aren't ones who will be consistent issues on NFL rosters

Lmao the Whole team hates Winston 

look at him try to pump up the team , they like Dude can we Trade this Guy already 

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2019 at 12:01 PM, paladin4ever said:

Watched the ESPN E:60 about Tony Mandarich last night. Although Mandarich is considered one of the biggest bust in draft history, I view it a little differently. Yes, he did not meet the lofty status bestowed upon him by being the 2nd pick in the 1989 draft. But the guy did play seven seasons and even started all 16 games in 1997 for the Indianapolis Colts. To me, that doesn't sound like a guy that totally sucked.

Thoughts?

Dude just didn't live up to the hype. I wouldn't put him on the bust team. Not like Lief or the captain of the team Jamarcus Russell

• Like 1