Where is DJ?

thc6795

59 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Be grateful for those that make the effort even if they fall short of greatness. Great teams are built around talented guys that hang together. Superstars are built out of great coaches and good talent around them. DJ was a good guy that got too much shit from a few that think they are better than everyone else. 

I'm grateful that he started a site based on football discussions but that doesn't mean he knew what he was talking about once stepping into that realm 

I saw what he had to say about several FL teams and he discredited teams he never saw a minute of action 

But I guess when your home state has about 3 teams nationally ranked in most years the idea of depth will be a foreign concept for someone like DJ

I wouldn't have been bothered as much by what DJ would say if it wasn't for fact he tried to pass himself off as a genius, not to mention he basically left his creation to die after it became a important part in many people's lives 

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I'm grateful that he started a site based on football discussions but that doesn't mean he knew what he was talking about once stepping into that realm 

I saw what he had to say about several FL teams and he discredited teams he never saw a minute of action 

But I guess when your home state has about 3 teams nationally ranked in most years the idea of depth will be a foreign concept for someone like DJ

I wouldn't have been bothered as much by what DJ would say if it wasn't for fact he tried to pass himself off as a genius, not to mention he basically left his creation to die after it became a important part in many people's lives 

No one is correct all the time. Not you, Not me, no one. Try running a board sometime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Cat_Scratch said:

No one is correct all the time. Not you, Not me, no one. Try running a board sometime.

I know that, I've been wrong quite a bit and I don't claim to be right all the time

Hell just look at the draft thread, I think I missed on every single prediction i made during this draft

The problem is DJ was considered a expert with pull so when he goes and discredits a team he has never seen than i have a issue with it

If you or me went and said a team sucks it wouldn't hold much weight but when DJ was considered a credible journalist and makes the same statements it will hold weight and if you have that level of pull you better have all the facts straight before you go saying a team is crap when you haven't seen them play

Look at Joshua Wilson at FHSF

You don't see him going and crapping on teams that he had never seen play, much less do it publically when your supposed to be a unbiased reporter

Dallas Jackson just lacked that level of professionalism and would not hesitate to trash a team even if he hadn't seen them play 

My issues with him had more to do with the lack of professionalism in his comments about some teams more so than whether or not he was right

2 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Oh, I never agreed with him all the time. At times he favored certain teams because he like the coach. Hell, Cocoa benefited from it a couple times. He had a weakness of giving the big name schools a lift in the rankings.

That's normally why he ended up being wrong so often, his knowledge of some states (like FL) was very limited because he wouldn't see the teams play so he relied on names that were recognized nationally and it would end up backfiring because he overlooked some very good programs because he hadn't heard of them before

Truthfully it is a advantage when reporting on your home state because you will know the programs much better than someone from another state who probably hasn't seen those teams 

I tend to avoid criticism of teams from other states because while I consider myself a expert on FL I have little to no experience with teams from other states so who am I to judge a team I've never seen or put in research of

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

He did leave in a bad way though.

This is my biggest gripe with him.

No matter what the circumstances, no matter his problems,  it would have cost him nothing to have given us a simple “I’m leaving, so long.”

Instead, crickets.  Lame.

• Like 3

On 4/26/2019 at 12:21 PM, Columbiafan said:

That's normally why he ended up being wrong so often, his knowledge of some states (like FL) was very limited because he wouldn't see the teams play so he relied on names that were recognized nationally and it would end up backfiring because he overlooked some very good programs because he hadn't heard of them before

So DJ hated on FL too?   I don't seem to recall?

On 4/26/2019 at 11:23 AM, Columbiafan said:

Truthfully it is a advantage when reporting on your home state because you will know the programs much better than someone from another state who probably hasn't seen those teams 

I tend to avoid criticism of teams from other states because while I consider myself a expert on FL I have little to no experience with teams from other states so who am I to judge a team I've never seen or put in research of

I will say your knowledge base of Lowndes to be....

Extensive?

😁😁😁

BGW

• Haha 2

On 4/26/2019 at 1:16 PM, Wosinc said:

This is my biggest gripe with him.

No matter what the circumstances, no matter his problems,  it would have cost him nothing to have given us a simple “I’m leaving, so long.”

Instead, crickets.  Lame.

First off, he did say good bye to a few people.  I know this for a fact.  

Second, why would he give anything he created to anyone who doesn't respect him, constantly belittling his efforts (whether right or wrong there was a good bit of effort there for what was done), constantly calling him out and putting his knowledge down (sure wasn't right but half the time but still...) and then really jump the fuck on him for his top 25 every season as if there was an exact science to it. 

People get what they give - in this case enough people on here treated him like shit so that's what we get in return.  Look people still bashing the guy and he's been gone for how long, lmao.  

• Like 1

Still someone is missing the point or being intentionally obtuse or something like. 

Nobody asked to have anything given them. People, more than one, offered to pay for server fees and continue operating the site as it was, or, to outright buy the site and it's address. 

Actually, someone is glossing over the truths really altogether. 

Not everyone downed the guy, however, almost everyone did discuss and had different opinions than DJ about certain players or teams. Also lost in all this is he often gave as good as he got. He invited the discussions, arguments and debates, because they gave his site hits. 

Create a poll, open it to discussion and debate in open forum. Use the info gained to better the poll for the next installment. I thought it was pretty brilliant. 

Write a story about whatever... a player, a team, a game, etc., place it on the front page, and invite discussion and commentary. Literally engage in debate over the merits and etc. 

That was his business model. 

If it was about money, and improving his life/net worth/or whatever it was, one step could have been putting a valuation on his site and selling it to one of the few different people that expressed interest. 

Instead he let it fail, and some scab from a Texas state site purchased the domain name from the hosts and DJ made nothing

I think when he joined the Viper network or whatever it was called, it tangled up the site where he may not have been the sole owner anymore, so, he couldn't sell it. Idk that, but, it's the only thing that makes sense if it was about money and people that showed love for and interest in continuing and operating the site offered... money. 

Letting it fail and the domain ownership expire was certainly not a smart business move, because someone just snapped up the name and he didn't make squat off of it. 

Anyway... done with this one. Y'all can rewrite the story all you want now. 

12 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Appreciate the shout out......You'll be happy that the Tiers will be back for the 3rd year.

I was more shouting out @Omaha Vol  @whiteshoes  @PrepForce

Your thing is more a novelty. It does generate some discussion. Just not something folks are taking too seriously because of your past trolling excursions. 

xD