TX vs. GA. & CA the Carnivore Challenge

DevilDog

On 8/20/2022 at 1:16 PM, DevilDog said:

Never pass up a chance on that Texas Thang.  Brisket, Beef Ribs, bottom round.  Though not pictured smoked and then braised ox tails.  

20220820_111719.jpg

Damn that looks good!

Im sure you've had them, but damn, beef dino ribs (plate ribs) are "brisket on the bone" but twice as rich. I smoke them at least once a month during the summer and fall.

Texas-Sized Smoked Beef Ribs by Terry Black's Barbecue - Goldbelly

• Like 2

On 8/26/2022 at 11:30 AM, rockinl said:

Damn that looks good!

Im sure you've had them, but damn, beef dino ribs (plate ribs) are "brisket on the bone" but twice as rich. I smoke them at least once a month during the summer and fall.

Texas-Sized Smoked Beef Ribs by Terry Black's Barbecue - Goldbelly

Man.  After you posted this I went out bought a plate. 4 Bones. I agree like the best of Brisket on the bone. They look nothing like that when you start. Them bad boys rise up.  Done right they are damn near unbeatable as far as BBQ beef goes.  I smoked oxtails for 3hrs and then braised them for 2 more.  It's like the best roast you ever had.  Another tough cut when done right is amazing 

I'm gonna do my Dino's in about a week and Oxtails.  I took them to a party as a taste test and people had never had them were blown away

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Hell not me. There’s some other dudes on here that can bring it. @DevilDog ain’t afraid of a little smoke and carcass 😂.

@DevilDogHa, no surprise and my apologies sir.  You both share it.  :) 

As I’m thumbing this reply, I am enjoying the smell of beef jerky dehydrating :).  Wife will be sending a nice package to our daughter with this included.   A Best Buy off Amazon years ago.  Nesco is the brand we’ve had success with.  6 hrs is my good enough stopping point, thinly sliced imo is best, but if you dig the chewy style, thicker cut and 4 hrs or so should do it.  Plenty of marinades to think of, from mild to 🔥
We use no marinade as a portion for the stray cat to enjoy.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

Can never go wrong with a Tri tip sando on a sourdough roll!@FreeBirdI gotta work on a way to make this in the microwave 😂.

47621B61-B2BB-4209-90E2-0A5D3F8A9EC0.jpeg

A5B0B029-EEEF-4335-9A18-31CE02759760.jpeg

looks awesome but BBQ sauce? Really.... naw man Chaps Tiger Sauce is the way to go with that sammy.. thank me later

https://throwdownkitchen.com/champion-baltimore-tiger-sauce-its-the-authentic-pitmaster-recipe/

pit beef with tiger sauce

19 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

looks awesome but BBQ sauce? Really.... naw man Chaps Tiger Sauce is the way to go with that sammy.. thank me later

https://throwdownkitchen.com/champion-baltimore-tiger-sauce-its-the-authentic-pitmaster-recipe/

pit beef with tiger sauce

I like heat, but I hate Mayo and Mayo based sauces unfortunately. I do want to try pit beef though.

I don’t usually put bbq sauce on my tri tip, but on a authentic Central Coast Tri Tip sandwich, it always has a good BBQ sauce on it.

6 hours ago, Cossacks said:

I like heat, but I hate Mayo and Mayo based sauces unfortunately.

probably because "modern mayo" is little more than "soybean oil estrogen"...(read the label)

unfortunately most condiments are all GMO soy crap and coloring now.

If you can't get real homemade mayo based sauce, and you like a little heat  

try some fresh horseradish  on your beef.  😋

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
13 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Thanks! I know you’re not a pig fan. I’m the same way with bird. For me it’s beef and pork.

Yes sir>  Be careful with that pig.  Consumption could be dangerous.  Undercooked chicken can make one sick too. But it will not cause worms in your body.  

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/13/brain-tapeworms-undercooked-bacon#:~:text=Parasitic tapeworm larvae have been,his consumption of undercooked bacon.

Parasitic tapeworm larvae have been found in a man’s brain following weeks of worsening migraines, which researchers believe were caused by his consumption of undercooked bacon.

In a report released last week, the American Journal of Case Reports documented an unidentified 52-year-old American man who was experiencing weekly migraines that were unresponsive to medication.

The man denied traveling to “high-risk areas [for] food security and lived at home with his wife and cat in a modern home”, according to the report. Upon further questioning, the man revealed that he did have a preference for “lightly cooked, non-crispy bacon” which he ate for most of his life.

Read more  Following a CT scan on the man, Florida researchers found numerous fluid-filled sacs, or cystic foci, in his brain. With no mass effects of a possible tumor growing on his brain or hydrocephalus, a buildup of fluids in brain cavities, researchers were suspicious for congenital neuroglial cysts.

• Like 1