Who Wins? DLS or STA? (A: STA)

181pl

Who Wins? DLS or STA?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins? DLS or STA?

• De La Salle
    • Saint Thomas Aquinas

1 hour ago, NorCalRuss said:

Surprised the poll is even. On paper, STA should dominate this game... 

True. And I know DLS was vanilla and wasn't showing much, and several key players weren't playing, but I didn't see anything other than Hale that would leave me to believe that DLS will win this game. I'm not saying that they can't or won't, it was just a bad Jamboree all around. Worst one I've seen put together. I left thinking WTF and uninspired.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Blueliner said:

True. And I know DLS was vanilla and wasn't showing much, and several key players weren't playing, but I didn't see anything other than Hale that would leave me to believe that DLS will win this game. I'm not saying that they can't or won't, it was just a bad Jamboree all around. Worst one I've seen put together. I left thinking WTF and uninspired.

Certainly not what you want to see but as often than not the team you see at jamboree looks totally different a week later (good and bad)

don't lose sleep over the jamboree unless all those guys you said were 270# are really 190#

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pops said:

Certainly not what you want to see but as often than not the team you see at jamboree looks totally different a week later (good and bad)

don't lose sleep over the jamboree unless all those guys you said were 270# are really 190#

Lots of 240-265 kids along the lines. Good size for DLS, but they'll be "tiny" standing next to STA.  It was more of the Jamboree itself. It was only Pitt, DLS, and Logan. Everything was all split up. We hardly got to see DLS's first teams at full strength. And Logan isn't exactly a tough opponent, especially split up. So not a lot to work with to begin with. Not a lot of intensity it seemed.

That said, DLS will be alright. I'm not backing off of my stance that this team will be good. I agree with you that this team will look a lot different next week. They'll be ready. They know who they're playing. They're going to have to play lights out to win. Roe, Norfleet, and Coby didn't play. That might explain why they just threw all night. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Blueliner, was the jamboree Fri. do you think the heat had something to do wtih everyone not looking sharp. How did the Spartans D. look against Pitt. The Pirates usually have a lot of speed,.Were the Spartans able to keep up with them? Did Zeke, get any playing time and if so, where.

3 hours ago, 1DayPGA said:

Blueliner, was the jamboree Fri. do you think the heat had something to do wtih everyone not looking sharp. How did the Spartans D. look against Pitt. The Pirates usually have a lot of speed,.Were the Spartans able to keep up with them? Did Zeke, get any playing time and if so, where.

What's up?! Nah. The heat wasn't an issue. It was pretty comfortable. 

As I mentioned, the games were all split up and some guys weren't playing. It was hard to guage. Obviously, a lot of players rotating in and out. But DLS had two games going at once or twice. DLS has some two way players so I rarely saw 100% firsts on either side. I was just hoping to see some real intensity with STA looming Friday. I was a little let down by that. I think that the 3 team format took a lot of wind out of everyone's sails. All n all they did fine against Pitt. Not spectacular, but good.

Zeke played on both sides. On D he played FS and Spartan. Made some solid hits. He likes to hit. And WR on offense. Made a few nice catches. He's a stud. 6-1 and about 185-190 as a soph. He's going to play a lot for the Spartans this year. Probably won't start either way, but play a lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

What's up?! Nah. The heat wasn't an issue. It was pretty comfortable. 

As I mentioned, the games were all split up and some guys weren't playing. It was hard to guage. Obviously, a lot of players rotating in and out. But DLS had two games going at once or twice. DLS has some two way players so I rarely saw 100% firsts on either side. I was just hoping to see some real intensity with STA looming Friday. I was a little let down by that. I think that the 3 team format took a lot of wind out of everyone's sails. All n all they did fine against Pitt. Not spectacular, but good.

Zeke played on both sides. On D he played FS and Spartan. Made some solid hits. He likes to hit. And WR on offense. Made a few nice catches. He's a stud. 6-1 and about 185-190 as a soph. He's going to play a lot for the Spartans this year. Probably won't start either way, but play a lot.

Thanks for the inf. I'm sure the guys will be fired up for the opener. I think the Pirates are a little down this year. Prob. finish 8-3 maybe 9-2. They scheduled a pretty week OOS against a NV. team that went 2-8 last year.  

I think the Spartans are set on WR. but always good to have a backup.They are going to need someone to cover STA's A.A. receiver M. Rosemy. He's 6-3 so maybe Zeke can be the guy. I know that's asking a lot from a soph. but that would be a nice way to make a splash at the varsity level. With Dumervil and the rest of STA's outstanding OL the Spartans secondary may have to be in some one on one coverages. Best case scenario the Spartans keep the Raiders off balance by establishing the veer and getting in a few passes thus controlling the clock and keeping the Raiders offense off the field as much as possible. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

Thanks for the inf. I'm sure the guys will be fired up for the opener. I think the Pirates are a little down this year. Prob. finish 8-3 maybe 9-2. They scheduled a pretty week OOS against a NV. team that went 2-8 last year.  

I think the Spartans are set on WR. but always good to have a backup.They are going to need someone to cover STA's A.A. receiver M. Rosemy. He's 6-3 so maybe Zeke can be the guy. I know that's asking a lot from a soph. but that would be a nice way to make a splash at the varsity level. With Dumervil and the rest of STA's outstanding OL the Spartans secondary may have to be in some one on one coverages. Best case scenario the Spartans keep the Raiders off balance by establishing the veer and getting in a few passes thus controlling the clock and keeping the Raiders offense off the field as much as possible. 

I see a lot of jump ball throws to Rosemy by the young STA QB. Zeke is young, but he looks pretty damn manly out there. Might be able to help out on those with his size. I think that once he catches up with the speed at the varsity level, he's going to make differences. This is a big game for all of these new guys to cut their teeth on. Crazy really. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, frankyjames said:

Based on what I heard about the DLS scrimmage, the preseason ranking could be a bit generous. I think STA runs away with this one. 

Of course you do Block... Let me guess, Folsom by 17 over either team. Oh wait, DLS is coming to Folsom this year so we’ll see. 

• Haha 2

On 8/19/2019 at 7:49 AM, PrepGridiron said:

STA with 4 guys on Top 300 list 

a decade ago that would have been a wowza for any team — STA probably one of a half dozen now

Spartans with zero — am hoping for a huuuuge advantage at QB and that STA gets sleepy in 4th 

btw, anyone aware of streaming options for this one?

8 hours ago, Pops said:

STA with 4 guys on Top 300 list 

a decade ago that would have been a wowza for any team — STA probably one of a half dozen now

Spartans with zero — am hoping for a huuuuge advantage at WB and that STA gets sleepy in 4th 

btw, anyone aware of streaming options for this one?

I forgot to mention that DLS will have a kid named Myles Bergman returning this season. 6-0 290. Badass rugby frontline scrum guy. He was injured all of last season so we never got to see him play. He started and played a lot at DT. He looked strong. Quick off of the ball for a smallish stout guy. Roe and Bergman should be good at gumming up the line even outsized by STA.  The DLS DL should be solid...Tasi 265, Roe 270, Bergman 290, Crespi 240. I like Tasi at DE. Kid is a beast and will breakout this year. Roe has several FBS and wrestling offers. Crespi has small school offers. Subs will be Seastrand, Tafaeono, Tagaloa, 

DLS will be alright on Friday. DLS will be as good or better at every position this year compared to last...except at LB and Foskey (DE). The coaches say they're athletic. But all only around 200 lbs. We have to wait and see how they do. This will be a competitive game. 👍

• Like 4

1 hour ago, frankyjames said:

I have STA 30-21. 

1 hour ago, frankyjames said:

Last year's DLS team would have made this game close or even won.

This year- no way. STA wins easily. 

You're getting a little schizo. By tomorrow will the game be going to OT. or should DLS just not even show up? 

You being a Folsom fan I would think that you would be pulling for the Spartans.  

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 12:53 PM, Blueliner said:

Well that sucks. Lets just hope that coach A. was planning on trading film from the jamboree with STA and he didn't want to show all his cards. 😜 Speaking of coach A. good interview with the SJ. Merc. Sounds like he feeling pretty good about where they are at right now as far as progression and more importantly he said everyone is healthy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1DayPGA said:

You're getting a little schizo. By tomorrow will the game be going to OT. or should DLS just not even show up? 

You being a Folsom fan I would think that you would be pulling for the Spartans.  

I am not pulling for anyone. I have no horse in the race.

I am just being realistic. STA wins easily.