Who Wins? DLS or STA? (A: STA)

181pl

Who Wins? DLS or STA?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins? DLS or STA?

• De La Salle
    • Saint Thomas Aquinas

On 8/15/2019 at 1:33 PM, StAllThewaY said:

I'll be flying in from Orlando Fla 8/21 staying in Walnut for a few days then drving down the coast to LA for a few days. So yeah a little excited.

If it works out for you, we'll have some pretty good games down here as well. Let us know when you get to SoCal.

59 minutes ago, Kalven said:

checking out Maxpreps

DLS has 2 DT listed at 6’0 and a DE at 6’2

STA has 2 Guards at 6’5 and 3 Tackles listed 6’6 6’8 and 6’10????

wtf 

I was at the scrimmage tonight. DLS IS small, relatively speaking. They have 2 kids at 6-3 (Tagaloa and Tuholski). This is a DLS v Poly scenario...except STA is better than Poly. If I was STA I'd hand the ball off every play until stopped. Seriously. 

Not a good Jamboree tonight in general. The most uninspiring jamboree that I've been to. They only had 3 teams with a lot of split squad stuff. Not a lot of rhythm to any of the scrimmages. When DLS was on offense, it just turned into a glorified 7 on 7. Hardly any rushing at all so I couldn't guage how the OL was doing etc. 

Hale has grown significantly. He's now listed at 6-1 190. He's easily that. He doesn't look like a kid at all anymore. He looks tough and has a legit cannon. His decision making and rushing ability will be key. DLS will go as he does, that much is clear. 

Not sure how this could possibly prepare for STA, but we're now on final approach.👍

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I was at the scrimmage tonight. DLS IS small, relatively speaking. They have 2 kids at 6-3 (Tagaloa and Tuholski). This is a DLS v Poly scenario...except STA is better than Poly. If I was STA I'd hand the ball off every play until stopped. Seriously. 

Not a good Jamboree tonight in general. The most uninspiring jamboree that I've been to. They only had 3 teams with a lot of split squad stuff. Not a lot of rhythm to any of the scrimmages. When DLS was on offense, it just turned into a glorified 7 on 7. Hardly any rushing at all so I couldn't guage how the OL was doing etc. 

Hale has grown significantly. He's now listed at 6-1 190. He's easily that. He doesn't look like a kid at all anymore. He looks tough and has a legit cannon. His decision making and rushing ability will be key. DLS will go as he does, that much is clear. 

Not sure how this could possibly prepare for STA, but we're now on final approach.👍

DLS should stack the box and play man coverage, STA has a first time qb starter if I recall. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Cya next week?!😎

Found out last week I have to be on the East Coast next week.  Plane home lands at SFO at 7.  So I am counting on this thread for the BART ride home -- Not diggin the early kick-off.

Priorities in this world are all whacked.  This business would be great if we didn't have these effing customers to deal with. 😡

Write a good game thread dammit!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Bubba Smith, check   (officer Hightower added bonus 

Bubba Bexley, check  (friend of Fred G Sanford) 

Bubba, check  (people just called him Bubba and he liked to make shrimp)

Bubba Burgers is the last acceptable Bubba and barely. :)  

Well...take heart.  I realize in the cool light of morning that in my attempt to compress overtimes 2 & 3 into just a single sequence, my scenario doesn't actually work.  Can't be going for the game winning PAT only to lose when it hit's the crossbar...need a third overtime and a two point conversion for that...

But I'm not saying there isn't a Bubba on the roster.  There might be.  And if there isn't, we still have a week to find one!

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

First everything. First varsity game, first varsity snap.

The unknown is part of what makes it interesting.

An extremely green QB for STA may be the only reason DLS has a chance. Hale, on the other hand, looks like a seasoned vet out there with solid skill guys. But other than that, STA likely has the advantage everywhere. 

54 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Well...take heart.  I realize in the cool light of morning that in my attempt to compress overtimes 2 & 3 into just a single sequence, my scenario doesn't actually work.  Can't be going for the game winning PAT only to lose when it hit's the crossbar...need a third overtime and a two point conversion for that...

But I'm not saying there isn't a Bubba on the roster.  There might be.  And if there isn't, we still have a week to find one!

I let it slide because you are a triple crown poster on the other forum.  :)  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

So true. It's great fun watching games with  @Blueliner.  He puts the zoo in Zoo Mass. 

Haha! I appreciate the kind words. You guys are fun too. Maybe you and World can make the trip to Folsom. That'll be fun as well. Downtown Folsom will be poppin' pregame. They love their Division 23 State Champs here🤣😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

If he's mobile and can scramble, well hell...

He doesn't have Lescano wheels, but he likely has a stronger arm (hope so).   He looks more like a pro style QB in the few highlights I've seen of him, but he does show some elusiveness and scrambling ability from the pocket.   

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Blueliner said:

An extremely green QB for STA may be the only reason DLS has a chance. Hale, on the other hand, looks like a seasoned vet out there with solid skill guys. But other than that, STA likely has the advantage everywhere. 

Good to hear about Hale.  Last year at times he had a tendency to lock on to this receivers, how's he doing with that?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Good to hear about Hale.  Last year at times he had a tendency to lock on to this receivers, how's he doing with that?

Unfortunately, he’s still doing that a little. Not as bad, though. You can tell they’ve been working on it. He’s got a cannon and is pretty accurate, so he should be able to get some throws into some tight spots. I think that he still relies upon that a bit too much.

What I really like is his size. He’s like another RB back there. Sparty hasn’t had that since Sweeney in ‘15. I also really like his attention to detail in all of his movements. He doesn’t get sloppy or lazy.The (opened up) triple-option should be in full effect this year with Coby, Garrett, Norfleet, and Hale in the backfield.👍

• Like 2