181pl

Who Wins? DLS or STA?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins? DLS or STA?

• De La Salle
    • Saint Thomas Aquinas

17 minutes ago, Kalven said:

What's the pre game plan?

WELL I PLANNED ON CHECKIN OUT CHINA TOWN EARLIER IN THE DAY. NOT SURE WHAT THE PLANS ARE FOR FOOD, HOWEVER I DO LIKE TO GET TO THE FIELD EARLY AND WATCH BOTH TEAMS COME OUT FOR  PRE GAME WARM UPS WITHOUT PADS AND HELMETS. NOT REALLY SURE AS OF YET BUT YOU CAN NEVER REALLY GO WRONG WITH BEER.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

That's fantastic. You should be excited. Sounds like you've got a very nice trip pIanned. If recommended anything to anyone coming from out of state, drive HWY 1 up/down the coast depending on where you start.  Ya can not can not go wrong with that. You'll like Walnut Creek too. Nice town with tons of food and shopping etc. It's also nice and hot just the way you Floridians like it...minus the sweltering humidity of course. I'm near Sac right now and it about 7,000 degrees😅

When you come through the tunnel from Oak to the east bay, have your camera ready. One of most breathtaking views you'll see. Walnut Creek right in the distance at the base of Mt. Diablo. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it. 

Go to Rocco's Pizza/Restaurant in Walnut Creek before the game. Damn good pizza. That's where all of the DLS fans go. there will be a lot of green and silver there. Anytime there's an OOS game, we always encourage the visitors to go there. I'd be honored to buy you a brew if you make it to Rocco's.

Travel safe, my friend. 

Thanks for the invitation, I would most definitely stop by for a drink or two. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Go to Rocco’s pregame. You won’t be disappointed. I’m from out of town and went there before both the DLS games prior. Pizza is great and great football atmosphere. 

Just don’t be like the Folsom guy and hide from us! 

Remember that shit? I can't believe (actually I can) that he didn't show. LOL...Remember when I walked up to that dude who I thought was block? I was like "Are you block?". And he looked at me like I was some crazy mofo and said "huh?" I was like "nevermind".😁 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

What time we meeting?....  🍺🍺🍺🍕🍕🍕🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

I think it's a 6:30p kickoff. Can't have those poor little Florida boys staying up past their bedtime, and their fans takin' up the whole damn excuse thread 😁. I'm thinking around 3:30 ish. That'd be enough time to have some Rocco's festivities and then catch some pregame at the Double-O. thoughts?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

Remember that shit? I can't believe (actually I can) that he didn't show. LOL...Remember when I walked up to that dude who I thought was block? I was like "Are you block?". And he looked at me like I was some crazy mofo and said "huh?" I was like "nevermind".😁 

“I am right over here in the Blue Folsom Under Armor Polo, See Me?”’.... 🤣🤣🤣....  The good thing was is we didn’t have to share the awesome Beer and Pizza with that douche!!!....🤣🤣🤣....

Count me in Brother!... I have my Ticket!!!...  I can’t wait to see STA in person and See What DLS looks like this year!!!.... I am as excited for this game as any football game I have been to on any level!!!....

Go Spartans!!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Blueliner said:

What's up dude?! I'm thinking that I want to get on their good side just in case we can somehow pull off an upset!😁

Ran in to JA last week. He told us all to keep YOU in line😉. Now THAT was funny. 🤣

Are you going to the Jamboree tomorrow?

That JA guy THINKS he's funny. 🤣

No plans on going tomorrow, but maybe I'll swing by.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blueliner said:

You should have used the PrepGridiron secret code.  It is still in tact for this year.

Guy 1 - "John has a long mustache".

Guy 2 (Response) - "Folsom looks nice this time of year"

If you don't get the proper response, then guy (2) is an imposter and the senior member of the group must be notified immediately. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You should have used the PrepGridiron secret code.  It is still in tact for this year.

If you don't get the proper response, then guy (2) is an imposter and must be outted to the group.

Dude, we changed up the response. It's "a 4 and 6 Servite could be a tier 6 team this year"

Oh wait **sigh**

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

If you don't get the proper response, then guy (2) is an imposter and the senior member of the group must be notified immediately. 

🤣

5 hours ago, Blueliner said:

It probably was block.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

I'm a DLS fan old enough to remember the last time, but I'm  grateful that  @golfaddict1 has still been good to me ever since -- Not sure he will be as restrained if history repeats.😉  But I remain ever hopeful I will get the opportunity to return his good grace

1-1 would bring some additional popcorn to Pop vs Guru threads for years to come...  Pop becomes Popeye on spinach and begins each post with this persona lol.  :) 

To instantly get a job walk into the interview like this.

Should be a good one and hopefully the kids stay healthy and Mother Nature sets a nice table.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

1-1 would bring some additional popcorn to Pop vs Guru threads for years to come...  Pop becomes Popeye on spinach and begins each post with this persona lol.  :) 

To instantly get a job walk into the interview like this.

Should be a good one and hopefully the kids stay healthy and Mother Nature sets a nice table.  

Even better, imagine if it ended this way....Triple overtime, STA lines up to kick the game winning PAT.  A  DLS player, let's call him Bubba, leaps off the back of one of his own players and gets a hand on the ball.  The PAT hits the crossbar, falls backward to the ground, and the home crowd storms the field.  Hypothetically of course..

Oh sweet sweet decades of controversy! 😄

Edited to add:  Agree with both your sentiments about the kids staying healthy and the weather.  I am seriously surprised that at the moment of this writing, DLS is leading in the poll.  I'm guessing a lot of us homers are picking with our hearts.  On paper, which is pretty much all we have (other than the last time I saw DLS, they weren't moving the ball and I can't get that outta my retinas), STA has to be the favorite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

Yes, World needs an intervention!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Lol.  You aint lying.  That is funny because that is what my wife says...among other things.  

Can't make it down this time and am very disappointed.  I would have gladly bought a round for my NorCal brothers.  I still might if I can prepay at Rocco's so when you guys show up you will have a round waiting on you.  I'll check it out.  At any rate, enjoy the game.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Blueliner said:

I hope that he does. It'll be good to see him. We need to hash some stuff out😉

Where you at, World?!😎

I'm in the corner of my basement, sobbing uncontrollably as my wife yells "WTF is wrong with you?".  Short story- can't make it down.  Bummer because I like hash.  Lol

You are great to see a game with and I will miss your infectious happy attitude.  Enjoy brother.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Even better, imagine if it ended this way....Triple overtime, STA lines up to kick the game winning PAT.  A  DLS player, let's call him Bubba, leaps off the back of one of his own players and gets a hand on the ball.  The PAT hits the crossbar, falls backward to the ground, and the home crowd storms the field.  Hypothetically of course..

Oh sweet sweet decades of controversy! 😄

I had a nightmare about a similar controversial play... seemed so real too!  

Be kind Cali refs!  :)   I think the game at STA was fair.  I don't recall any iffy moments.   There was a close play that didn't go STA's way in the back of the end zone.    

Edited to add:  Agree with both your sentiments about the kids staying healthy and the weather.  I am seriously surprised that at the moment of this writing, DLS is leading in the poll.  I'm guessing a lot of us homers are picking with our hearts.  On paper, which is pretty much all we have (other than the last time I saw DLS, they weren't moving the ball and I can't get that outta my retinas), STA has to be the favorite.

STA is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get.   Add the Guru fan club votes and I can see the 50/50 split.  

image.jpeg.e33f1b60b57b947f67998344a070e33e.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

I'm in the corner of my basement, sobbing uncontrollably as my wife yells "WTF is wrong with you?".  Short story- can't make it down.  Bummer because I like hash.  Lol

You are great to see a game with and I will miss your infectious happy attitude.  Enjoy brother.  

I’m sorry that you can’t make it. It’s be good to seeya. Hopefully, your wife doesn’t flog you too hard. Maybe she won’t find you👍 🤣

There’s always the Folsom game in a few weeks. Hope all is well and you take care, bro.👊

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

I had a nightmare about a similar controversial play... seemed so real too!  ...

Too soon?  😄