Who Wins? DLS or STA? (A: STA)

181pl

Who Wins? DLS or STA?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins? DLS or STA?

• De La Salle
    • Saint Thomas Aquinas

2 hours ago, 1DayPGA said:

Well that sucks. Lets just hope that coach A. was planning on trading film from the jamboree with STA and he didn't want to show all his cards. 😜 Speaking of coach A. good interview with the SJ. Merc. Sounds like he feeling pretty good about where they are at right now as far as progression and more importantly he said everyone is healthy. 

I saw the interview. Good stuff. Coach wouldn’t have taken this game on national tv if he felt that he didn’t like his horses to compete. 

I like how built Hale is. Kid looks solid. Last time they played STA, they had Houston. He’s a good QB, but not the prototype for the Spartan offense. Hale, on the other hand, is just what the doctor ordered against a team like STA. They’ll be alright. STA is stacked. But they have a soph rookie QB, and ya can only put 11 on the field at a time. This will be a close game one way or the other. 

And just so I’m clear. It was the Jamboree that was bad overall. Not necessarily DLS. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

No ESPN at The Orchard?

ESPN yes

ESPNU no

its a bit off the grid 

Lets call it The Farm or the goats, chickens, and ducks will be jealous 

you and Mrs sammy should visit — have a couple of vacation rentals on property 

and/ or we’d be happy to host the Tiers offseason meetings — time it for shrimp season which just ended 

12 minutes ago, Pops said:

ESPN yes

ESPNU no

its a bit off the grid 

Lets call it The Farm or the goats, chickens, and ducks will be jealous 

you and Mrs sammy should visit — have a couple of vacation rentals on property 

and/ or we’d be happy to host the Tiers offseason meetings — time it for shrimp season which just ended 

Sounds like an adventure. Send info 

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

Exactly. That said, I really like DLS's (apparent) advantage at QB. This will be good game because both teams have their respective strengths and weaknesses. We are on final approach.....

I can’t believe this game is only 1 day away!!!!....  The #1 Team in the USA Today  Poll is coming here to Concord!!!!....

I can’t remember being this excited about watching a HSFB game!!!!.... Looking forward to Pizza and Beer are Rocco’s and seeing National Level HSFB in person!!!!

Hopefully all the players come out of the game healthy and DLS somehow pulls off the upset and bags a huge win for Nor Cal and Cali!!!

Go Spartans!!!!

• Like 5

22 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

18 picks for STA, 10 for DLS so far... Atleast for the guys posting in here. Im sure some were sent to THS via PM. Its 18-11 including mine. I was interested to see how this would be split. 

So we have atleast 29 participating... Good numbers. 

1 hour ago, frankyjames said:

DLS is favored by 6.5

Apparently, your knowledge isn't quite on the "national level" quite yet 😉

The "National Posters" on the "National Board" who actually watch "National" HSFB are Picking STA 18-11 in the "National Pick'em"... So by stating a DLS win would be an Upset, I would say my "National Level" Knowledge is just fine... :) 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

The "National Posters" on the "National Board" who actually watch "National" HSFB are Picking STA 18-11 in the "National Pick'em"... So by stating a DLS win would be an Upset, I would say my "National Level" Knowledge is just fine... :) 

LMFAO- So "national posters" (anonymous dudes with 10 screen names a piece) on a random internet board know far more than the wise guy odds makers. 

I'd re-check this "national knowledge."

DLS is favored by 6.5, playing at home 😉

I will say one thing. I agree with the "national experts." STA wins this.😉

7 hours ago, Kalven said:

The talent gap is pretty wide. A mediocre STA team can still make it a game.  

We don't yet know what kind of talent gap, if any, exists between the teams. All that we know is that college recruiting experts deem many more of STA's players to project to be better college/pro players than DLS'. One can easily find numerous examples of 4 and 5* players getting owned by 0 star players during HS games. Doesn't mean the projections for next level success are wrong. Just means the projected star player needs a few years of development to realize his superior potential. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

We don't yet know what kind of talent gap, if any, exists between the teams. All that we know is that college recruiting experts deem many more of STA's players to project to be better college/pro players than DLS'. One can easily find numerous examples of 4 and 5* players getting owned by 0 star players during HS games. Doesn't mean the projections for next level success are wrong. Just means the projected star player needs a few years of development to realize his superior potential. 

Yup I remember that big BTW no name tackle that owned Lorenzo Carter back in the day.  

I guess he's still playing somewhere lol.

https://lopers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6029

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Yup I remember that big BTW no name tackle that owned Lorenzo Carter back in the day.  

I guess he's still playing somewhere lol.

https://lopers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6029

Let's not forget plays like the one here, where future HOFer Dumervil from STA had to hold 0* AJ Thomas on 3rd and long, basically ending a big early series. Starts at wrong time, should be at 8:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=365Rv-nASKY&t=1008s