My Dream for the CIF 2nd class State Bowl...

Eddyr2

10 minutes ago, Kalven said:

Folsom would win a competitive game.

No, it will be at least a 17 point margin, and one unsavory poster would re-emerge citing victory over a top 10 solid TL team as evidence that Folsom is the best public high school team in the history of CA.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

😂😂😂

What are the odds that Servite goes 10-4 this season? Sammy says they're a couple years away from being any good. This years Folsom team would be 28 point favorites against those guys.  Hopefully the new playoff format we can see a top 5 Socal team in the consolation bowl going forward. 

Servite will lose to BG, MD, Bosco and JSerra but i think they the rest of thier games. They will get dropped down to D2 with a 4-6 record but will be one of the top 4 teams in D2. 

If they play Folsom they will get beat again, which as an MD fan i would be happy with. Plus i think the board would be lit for the lead up...

if this happens, i can only pray that @PrepGridiron and @HawgGoneIt grant @FolsomStateTitles a 2 week clemency...i will have my popcorn ready:

Image result for eating popcorn gif

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

😂😂😂

What are the odds that Servite goes 10-4 this season? Sammy says they're a couple years away from being any good. This years Folsom team would be 28 point favorites against those guys.  Hopefully the new playoff format we can see a top 5 Socal team in the consolation bowl going forward. 

The Top 8 Teams in So Cal Play for the Open, so Folsom will get the 9th best team... :) 

1 minute ago, On2whls said:

Whatever happens, the race for the 9th spot will be compelling.

For-sure! I think the new format is awesome for So Cal and D2 will have some killer match-ups!... The CIF/Southern Section defiantly got this right!... Will be great to see how the season unfolds this year!...

What I am curious about will be the D-1AA Play in game for So Cal... Will it be San Diego vs SS D2 Winner, how does the City Section fit in with Narbonne?...

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

For-sure! I think the new format is awesome for So Cal and D2 will have some killer match-ups!... The CIF/Southern Section defiantly got this right!... Will be great to see how the season unfolds this year!...

What I am curious about will be the D-1AA Play in game for So Cal... Will it be San Diego vs SS D2 Winner, how does the City Section fit in with Narbonne?...

That's my favorite aspect of this. 
The D2 winner could be in the Bronze Medal Bowl Game or the D2 winner could be a team like San Clam. Normally, a 2nd place league finisher that just gets hot. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Riggghhhttttt because they haven’t beaten every team they’ve ever played that’s come out of there... 

Like Who?.... The only year SS D2 was comparable was Before MV was moved up to D1.... Folsom lost to the Bells that year in the regional game who got Shut Out by MV in the SBG....

Other then Serra in 2010, Folsom has only beaten San Diego.... and of course a 7 Loss Chaminde team...

Remember Folsom has spent the last 8 year's Ducking So Cal's Top Teams, I am with @Sammyswordsman, Folsom struggles to get out of the Semi's in that bracket.... Folsom would get out hit in those game because they are used to such a soft, easy schedule which is why they have struggled with San Diego the last 2 years with Folsom's Best team ever loaded with D1 Players....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Like Who?.... The only year SS D2 was comparable was Before MV was moved up to D1.... Folsom lost to the Bells that year in the regional game who got Shut Out by MV in the SBG....

Other then Serra in 2010, Folsom has only beaten San Diego.... and of course a 7 Loss Chaminde team...

Remember Folsom has spent the last 8 year's Ducking So Cal's Top Teams, I am with @Sammyswordsman, Folsom struggles to get out of the Semi's in that bracket.... Folsom would get out hit in those game because they are used to such a soft, easy schedule which is why they have struggled with San Diego the last 2 years with Folsom's Best team ever loaded with D1 Players....

You cherry picked the worst Folsom team in the past 10 years. I can name some average MD teams in that same timeframe. 

What about this, what if Cathedral or Narbonne still make the D1 bowl?! I predict one of those teams still makes it... and loses to Folsom again. 

21 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

What about this, what if Cathedral or Narbonne still make the D1 bowl?! I predict one of those teams still makes it... and loses to Folsom again. 

If the Narbonne situation cleans up well enough to keep what they have intact, I would put my money on them to get through.  Last year, Folsom would have lit that defense up.  This year would be much closer if they meet.

4 minutes ago, On2whls said:

If the Narbonne situation cleans up well enough to keep what they have intact, I would put my money on them to get through.  Last year, Folsom would have lit that defense up.  This year would be much closer if they meet.

Yup Narbonne easily has the 3rd most D1 recruits in the state. If they can ever put it together they will be scary. Cathedral returns a lot too and their coach is high on them this season but they did lose their RB who was a beast. 

29 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

You cherry picked the worst Folsom team in the past 10 years. I can name some average MD teams in that same timeframe. 

I was referring to teams from the Southern Section...

Narbonne= City Section.... Cathedral Cathlioc= San Diego Section....

The best 16 teams in the Southern Section have been playing for the Open since the Folsom Rule has been in place... Now 8 of those teams will be in play for the D 1-AA Bowl.... Now you will have teams like San Clemente, Rancho Cucamonga, Bishop Amat, and Trinity league teams in the mix...

Plus Folsom Beat Helix by 7 in 2017 and were lucky Cathedral Cathloic's Kicker missed a FG by 6 in or Folsom would have lost last year in regulation being held to 14 points with their best, most talented offense ever... So I disagree, the 1-AA game is a toss up considering how Folsom's best team ever fared the last 2 years...

Also, Folsom's "Worst Team" in the last 10 years was the 2011 team that did not win a section title... the 2015 Team won a section title and unfortunately they lost in the Regional play in game, so the 2015 would be no different then the 2012 and 2013 teams...

Folsom's Best Teams over the last 10 years:

1. 2017-2018- 31-1, Back to Back D 1-AA Champs, Best win= SD Open Champ 2x... Shut out by DLS...

2. 2010- D2 SBG Champ, Lost their best Non League Game 49-15 to Grant but returned the favor in the playoffs... Best Win Over Serra Gardenia....

3. 2014- D-1-AA Champ, Best Non League win over Helix (SD Semifinalist) Best win Over Oceanside (SD Open Champ)... Made history by Establishing The "Folsom Rule" where they no longer have to play DLS to go to a SBG.... 

4. 2015- 14-1 Section Champ, Best Wins,  Non-League CVC  27-26 (D1-A SBG Runner Up), Del Oro 31-0 (D 2-AA SBG Champ) League Game, Lost in Regional to Bells 42-35...

5. 2012-2013- 28-2 2x Section Champ, No quality Non-League wins for 2 years, Boat raced in Regional by DLS by a combined score of 94-32...

There you go, I got 2015 Folsom as their 4th best team in the last 10 years, and their win over CVC is Folsom's best Non-League, win since 2010.... :) 

• Haha 3