Third in a Generation Team

Eddyr2

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

Let's see how MD fares against IMG at their field or at Saint Francis. I watched the IMG game last year. And MD is a really good team, but the refs handed you that game but booting out img's best defensive players on BS calls.. And your team did not have to travel 3000 miles.

I'm sure it takes a lot of bravado to play a bunch of overmatched teams most of the year.

IMG wants no part of The Stache this year.  2018 was the year to get after the young Monarchs.  2019...it’s too late now.

38 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Btw what happened to placing me on ignore like a insecure bitch because you couldn't handle me telling you that LSU isn't elite

Maybe if they tried actually recruiting instead of just chasing 24/7 stars maybe they would actually have a chance in hell of competing with bama 

LSUs going to be pretty damm good this year.

55 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Hear same song every year

Like last year they were supposed to be able to make CFP playoffs but then they got goose egged at home and shredded by bama

It ain't gonna be any better a result when LSU travels to Alabama

LSU was ranked 25th in the Preseason last year ... Who the hell said they were suppose to make the CFB Playoffs last year? I literally heard that from NO ONE. Youre just making stuff up.

They are #6 in this years preseason poll.

Big difference.

39 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

LSU was ranked 25th in the Preseason last year ... Who the hell said they were suppose to make the CFB Playoffs last year? I literally heard that from NO ONE. Youre just making stuff up.

Big difference.

Please take the LSU posts to a different thread

This thread is about a Third in  a Generation team. 

Who you got, MD or Dematha's best team ever.

46 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Big difference.

They were being talked about as a playoff contenders after the UGA game

And who cares where they starting, they could rank them #1 but until they beat bama they shouldn't be in playoffs, I get the excuse for bama getting in 2 years ago despite not winning their division but LSU don't have that excuse

Alabama has built up Championship credibility and won championships recently 

LSU hasn't 

36 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I should be SO concerned about some high school kid from Small Town, FL and his opinion of LSU football.

Junior, obviously hates LSU as much as.....Los.

And that small town team would embarrass your wannabe "powerhouse" Archbishop Rummel, if only you all wouldn't such pussies in swamp huts maybe you all would have guts to come to Lake City and we will gladly expose them as a joke of a "national program"

But hell if John Curtis don't have stones to call back when they are DESPERATE for a game why should i expect a irrelevant program like Rummel to step up

You all couldn't even beat a team that we beat by 20 points on the road in our last matchup (Escambia) 

Rummel would be a homecoming opponent for us

34 minutes ago, The Guru said:

But I don't hate LSU.

Don't blink when you're going south on 75 in Florida. You'll miss Juniors hometown.

At least the town has good football

Can't say the same about the dumpster fire city you live in now dweeb boy

@Nolebull813 can explain in detail how much of HOT GARBAGE Tallahassee football is 

On 8/2/2019 at 9:27 PM, steeler01 said:

416897027_Screenshot2019-08-02at7_31.12PM-Edited.thumb.png.7e3d6a198c1e61b01adebc776ea61a33.png

That's not true at all. How many Texas schools have the enrollment of Allen and are one H.S. towns(The answer is none)?

It doesn't take a great coach to win at Allen nor NorthShore IMO. Duncanville is a little different, I think it just takes the right coach to acquire the talent from that area(Samples does an excellent job of attracting talent wherever he goes)

There is a lot of big schools on this list that don’t win very much.  It’s not all about the school size.

You would never hear anyone from Texas deny that Allen has advantages with enrollment.  The community/ school district has put together incredible situation.

Ducanville has always had talent.  The proper coaching at Duncanville, Desoto, and Cedar Hill - they will all be damn good at the same time.

SLC nor Trinity are on this list and have beaten just about all the top teams on this list at one time or another.

3 hours ago, Texasball said:

There is a lot of big schools on this list that don’t win very much.  It’s not all about the school size.

You would never hear anyone from Texas deny that Allen has advantages with enrollment.  The community/ school district has put together incredible situation.

Ducanville has always had talent.  The proper coaching at Duncanville, Desoto, and Cedar Hill - they will all be damn good at the same time.

SLC nor Trinity are on this list and have beaten just about all the top teams on this list at one time or another.

Those schools aren't one school towns like Allen. 

Duncanville,  Cedar Hill and Desoto will never all be really good at the same time. Solid at best, but all 3 will never be able to compete with top teams at the same time.  Not enough talent for 3 schools to be top teams. 2 at most. With Duncanville coming up(soaking up the talent),  Cedar Hill and Desoto aren't what they were a couple of years ago

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

You know all 3 are open enrollment high schools, at least I believe they still are.

They were at one time.

They all draw from the same area though.When that happens, only one and two at most thrive. Why do you think Duncanville sucked prior to Samples sucking up talent in that area?

Duncanville has risen to prominence, and DeSoto and Cedar Hill have gone back to being nothing more than solid teams at best(One lost in the 1st round and was beaten by Mansfield Summit in the regular season. The other was blown out in the playoffs by Carroll and lost to Lake Ridge.)

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

They all draw from the same area though.When that happens, only one and two at most thrive. Why do you think Duncanville sucked prior to Samples sucking up talent in that area?

Duncanville has risen to prominence, and DeSoto and Cedar Hill have gone back to being nothing more than solid teams at best(One lost in the 1st round and was beaten by Mansfield Summit in the regular season. The other was blown out in the playoffs by Carroll and lost to Lake Ridge.)

All 3 schools attract talent that transfers into the area, they don’t just rely on local talent.  

Several Desoto and chill kids left for other schools besides Duncanville, such as dunne, Mansfield, Allen, lynch, etc. 

desoto and chill have declined partially because their storied coaches left.   Desoto’s is back so look for them to rebound some. 

I say all that to say it’s possible all 3 could be state contenders, Desoto/DV in D1 and Chill in D2.  It has more to do with coaching though and not their talent. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

All 3 schools attract talent that transfers into the area, they don’t just rely on local talent.  

Several Desoto and chill kids left for other schools besides Duncanville, such as dunne, Mansfield, Allen, lynch, etc. 

Never have all 3 been state contenders at the same time. All 3 reside in the same area, 

You think that's a coincidence?

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

Never have all 3 been state contenders at the same time. All 3 reside in the same area, 

You think that's a coincidence?

No it’s not a coincidence.  It’s coaching and timing.  Samples was pretty much coming into the district when McGuire was leaving at Chill and Mathis at Desoto.  

I think both DV and Desoto currently have the talent to be top tier in D1 and Chill has it to be top tier in D2.  Coaching will keep Chill from reaching that 

• Like 1

DeSoto, TX pop- 54,000

Cedar Hill, TX pop- 49,000

Duncanville, TX pop- 40,000

...3 schools pulling from over 140,000 people (still growing) and surrounding area of one of the nation's football talent hotbeds will never be a serious contender in TX 6A at the same time.....why? steeler from CA said so.

Impressive.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

DeSoto, TX pop- 54,000

Cedar Hill, TX pop- 49,000

Duncanville, TX pop- 40,000

...3 schools pulling from over 140,000 people (still growing) and surrounding area of one of the nation's football talent hotbeds will never be a serious contender in TX 6A at the same time.....why? steeler from CA said so.

Impressive.

And it's never happened.  There's not enough talent in that pool for 3 teams.  If there's 5 4 stars in the area, one team will either get one or none. That's how that will keep getting divided all the way down. Doesn't seem complicated, but to some it is.

• Like 1