Third in a Generation Team

Eddyr2

48 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Fake teams. Fake titles. This is like boring HS basketball. With 3 or 4 national teams posing as HS teams. Yawn. 

Most of us would get much better enjoyment watching some traditional rivals in a key district match up than MD playing some other trumped up fake HS team full of all stars. 

It would be ok if they were labeled as such and only played like minded teams. Have a national super conference. Basically only teams that exist and/or survive from multiple stud transfers annually 

SJB

Mater Dei

Bishop Gorman 

IMG

STA

Grayson

St Frances 

St Johns 

SJR

Bergen Catholic 

St Joes Philly 

etc 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

It would be ok if they were labeled as such and only played like minded teams. Have a national super conference. Basically only teams that exist and/or survive from multiple stud transfers annually 

SJB

Mater Dei

Bishop Gorman 

IMG

STA

Grayson

St Frances 

St Johns 

SJR

Bergen Catholic 

St Joes Philly 

etc 

How convenient.  Calling every team better than Fla #1, a fake team .

Save it for the Excuse Thread

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Ima bout ready to file a grievance about these innuendos.  Please cease and desist 

Innuendo would suggest that I am saying something that you don’t know is parody or gospel. 

I am unequivocally calling you Sammy “4 Poster” Swordsdmen!!!

On a side note “coach”, the 20 year anniversary of Miami Monsignor Pace blowing the doors off St John Bosco,CA 33-7 is next year. The team is holding a reunion to commemorate the occasion. Where Should I send an invite to?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, On2whls said:

The IE is huge from both a geographic and population perspective including Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.  Imagine living in the far reaching end of the Temecula wine country and going to school at Mater Dei.  

And that crazy thing is I know of 3 kids on there team that live in the Temecula/Murrieta area and go to MD. They must be paying one hell of a gas bill!

6 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

And that crazy thing is I know of 3 kids on there team that live in the Temecula/Murrieta area and go to MD. They must be paying one hell of a gas bill!

they invoice you for gas in the IE? out here we have to pay at the pump...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Innuendo would suggest that I am saying something that you don’t know is parody or gospel. 

On a side note “coach”, the 20 year anniversary of Miami Monsignor Pace blowing the doors off St John Bosco,CA 33-7 is next year. The team is holding a reunion to commemorate the occasion. Where Should I send an invite to?

Wasn't that the SJB team that went 3-7?

7 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

We're booked that nite.  Conflict with the Simi Valley baseball team reunion celebrating the win over Alex Rodriguez Westminster Christian team.  But thanks for asking

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

For years prior to the game too since they sucked?

The game was so emotionally draining... SJB was affected for years before & years after. 

But they came out stronger for it in the end... It took til around 2012-2013 for the trauma to wear off. 

23 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

SJB

Mater Dei

Bishop Gorman 

IMG

STA

Grayson

St Frances 

St Johns 

SJR

Bergen Catholic 

St Joes Philly 

etc 

Said this about 5 years ago and it still holds true. But back then, MD, SJB, and St. Frances weren't shit. They've subbed in for Don Bosco Prep, Louisville Trinity, etc.

22 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

How convenient.  Calling every team better than Fla #1, a fake team .

Save it for the Excuse Thread

STA and IMG are Florida. Like it or not. And MD and SBJ really aren't sh*t. Cali as a whole is very soft. Only a few super teams. 

I'd rank states as follows:

1. Tx

2. FL

3. GA

4. Cali

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, 181pl said:

STA and IMG are Florida. Like it or not. And MD and SBJ really aren't sh*t. Cali as a whole is very soft. Only a few super teams. 

I'd rank states as follows:

1. Tx

2. FL

3. GA

4. Cali

Soft?   Lol. In that case why not throw Ohio and Az ahead of Calif? You may as well go full Monte with your stupidity.  

Don’t be a “half way” guy

• Haha 2

On 7/30/2019 at 9:47 AM, Nolebull813 said:

I wonder if Rollo sits in his office and try’s to justify stacking and IMG-West all star team. Does he tell himself he had to just to compete, or does he secretly know his legacy is a tad tainted from the recruiting transfer teams? 

He saw SJB get 20 transfers a year and sold his Soul just to one up his league rival. He’s been coaching for 40 years. He’s seen it all. He knows deep down the last few titles are hollow. 

Sad HSFB has come to this. Stacking all star teams to beat neighborhood schools for hollow titles. 

I totally agree...It’s truly disgraceful!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

I don’t get it

did he break rules or something?

Honestly, not being jerk...You just wouldn’t understand because that’s what you have lived.

I have made it clear that I hate vomit in your mouth private recruited up schools.

I am sure that many of the private coaches are solid coaches.  I have been around long time.  I had co worker years back in the 90’s when MD was really good and his brother played for them.  He had video of several pregame speeches that was incredible.  I was like I would run thru the wall for him.  Still at the end of the day it’s not hard to coach group of kids that are so much more athletic / size than the competition.

For these guys to be held in high regard is slap in the face of coaches who they took the best players from.

just my opinion

40 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Still at the end of the day it’s not hard to coach group of kids that are so much more athletic / size than the competition.

This applies for all coaches that have this advantage right? You know like Allen,Duncanville and North Shore?

if you’re going to say the same about those coaches I might take you seriously 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

This applies for all coaches that have this advantage right? You know like Allen,Duncanville and North Shore?

if you’re going to say the same about those coaches I might take you seriously 

There is slight difference...They play in league with roughly 250 schools that have the same basic opportunity.  You act like these schools have dominated our state like DLS and couple of other cali privates.  Where has Duncanville been the last 10 years?

what advantage do those three schools have over some of these teams?  You can say school size - Its not like these other are not big schools too.  

Lake Travis, Katy, Longview, Austin Westlake, Denton Guyer, Atascocita, Southlake, West Brook, Judson, Dickinson, Cypress-Fairbanks, Cedar Hill, Desoto, The Woodlands, Rockwall, Midway, Spring Westfield, Pearland, Arlington Schools, Euless Trinity, and so many more. Odessa Permain, Midland Lee, Houston Lamar, Dallas Skyline - the list goes on and on 

39 minutes ago, Texasball said:

There is slight difference...They play in league with roughly 250 schools that have the same basic opportunity.  You act like these schools have dominated our state like DLS and couple of other cali privates.  Where has Duncanville been the last 10 years?

what advantage do those three schools have over some of these teams?  You can say school size - Its not like these other are not big schools too.  

Lake Travis, Katy, Longview, Austin Westlake, Denton Guyer, Atascocita, Southlake, West Brook, Judson, Dickinson, Cypress-Fairbanks, Cedar Hill, Desoto, The Woodlands, Rockwall, Midway, Spring Westfield, Pearland, Arlington Schools, Euless Trinity, and so many more. Odessa Permain, Midland Lee, Houston Lamar, Dallas Skyline - the list goes on and on 

Yes. ARARAR should have included all the above schools in his example.  Most of us got the gist.  But spelling it out for you.

The enrollment in all those schools makes for big advantages in talent on campus.

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

I am sure that many of the private coaches are solid coaches.  I have been around long time.  I had co worker years back in the 90’s when MD was really good and his brother played for them.  He had video of several pregame speeches that was incredible.  I was like I would run thru the wall for him.  Still at the end of the day it’s not hard to coach group of kids that are so much more athletic / size than the competitio

Whether or not you or anyone else likes it, even once pure HS football, now has a business aspect to it.  MD, SJB (and there will be others) are simply doing what successful businesses do, and that is to leverage the advantages they have available to them, to achieve desired results.  Sucks for fans that would like to see more competitive public schools in CA but ther’s no turning back now.

• Thanks 1